Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 85

Author Topic: [0.97a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.15.1  (Read 1108077 times)

Bookman Jeb

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.12.4
« Reply #930 on: August 12, 2021, 09:45:11 PM »

So has anyone found how to start the "Buried Treasure" quest?. Been playing for awhile now and haven't seen anyone that looks like a new quest npc.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #931 on: August 12, 2021, 10:41:07 PM »

So has anyone found how to start the "Buried Treasure" quest?. Been playing for awhile now and haven't seen anyone that looks like a new quest npc.

That's because it's not done/ready/playable.

sqrt(-1)

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: August 25, 2021, 07:08:22 AM »

Not sure if this is caused by another mod, but in the tournament pre-release, the Sindrian Diktat now very rarely uses and sells Lion's Guard ship variants.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #933 on: August 26, 2021, 12:05:00 AM »

Not sure if this is caused by another mod, but in the tournament pre-release, the Sindrian Diktat now very rarely uses and sells Lion's Guard ship variants.

Seems about as common as I designed it to be.

Troika

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: September 14, 2021, 01:05:11 AM »

You should make the IBB guy a contact, so he can always be found, instead of having to play musical station roulette to find him.

geminitiger

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: September 14, 2021, 07:04:04 AM »

Will this mod be updated to current version of SS?

connortron7

• Captain
  • "God has cursed me for my hubris" - brian gilbert
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: September 14, 2021, 08:26:30 AM »

Yes it will, DR is just busy, as has been asked and answered throughout this thread many many many times

Xeno056

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: September 14, 2021, 12:07:09 PM »

Check the previous page, and Dark linked interim release without the new stuff being worked on. it's the discord app download.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 08:40:31 PM by Xeno056 »

Space_Lettuce_OG

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: September 18, 2021, 03:20:19 AM »

@Aeios

Would you please tell us which system and planet you encountered the IBB contact?
I too have been playing for hours with the version Dark posted on Discord, and have yet to encounter the IBB character in any planet's bar.
The unique ships and bounties are probably my favorite thing to do in StarSector, so the info would be much appreciated.

Kadatherion

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: September 18, 2021, 07:15:07 AM »

@Aeios

Would you please tell us which system and planet you encountered the IBB contact?
I too have been playing for hours with the version Dark posted on Discord, and have yet to encounter the IBB character in any planet's bar.
The unique ships and bounties are probably my favorite thing to do in StarSector, so the info would be much appreciated.

Hey man, as you might have noticed from my post in Vayra's thread, I'm also playing with this and have been getting IBB bounties with no troubles. I've found about 5-6 IBB bounties by now pretty much all around the sector (I'm in mid game I'd say, around cycle 210 as I'm taking things very slowly), and had found even more in my previous campaign that was cut short because Vayra's bootleg came out.

IBB NPCs in bars are subject to the RNG gods (although yeah, limited to certain vanilla factions, I'd say indipendents and Hegemony for sure, I *guess* League too but I wouldn't swear on it), so yeah, it's a matter of luck.
From my understanding, the bar code also limits the available interactions to 1-3max, so if you have other mods that add quests, encounters, contacts etc in the pool from which the bar code pulls them, that can further lower your chances of getting the IBB one (which is also probably set to have a relatively low spawn/priority chance).

The only other thing I can think of is some mod incompatibility. Do you have any other mods which add things to the bar that might overwrite this one's code? (I'm obviously also using Nex, so that can't be a suspect either).
« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 07:17:22 AM by Kadatherion »

Space_Lettuce_OG

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: September 18, 2021, 10:03:36 AM »

@Aeios

Hey man, as you might have noticed from my post in Vayra's thread, I'm also playing with this and have been getting IBB bounties with no troubles. I've found about 5-6 IBB bounties by now pretty much all around the sector (I'm in mid game I'd say, around cycle 210 as I'm taking things very slowly), and had found even more in my previous campaign that was cut short because Vayra's bootleg came out.

IBB NPCs in bars are subject to the RNG gods (although yeah, limited to certain vanilla factions, I'd say indipendents and Hegemony for sure, I *guess* League too but I wouldn't swear on it), so yeah, it's a matter of luck.
From my understanding, the bar code also limits the available interactions to 1-3max, so if you have other mods that add quests, encounters, contacts etc in the pool from which the bar code pulls them, that can further lower your chances of getting the IBB one (which is also probably set to have a relatively low spawn/priority chance).

The only other thing I can think of is some mod incompatibility. Do you have any other mods which add things to the bar that might overwrite this one's code? (I'm obviously also using Nex, so that can't be a suspect either).

I'm also using Varya's unofficial bootleg version, so it's good to know that's not the issue, cuz that was the first and only suspect I had.
I can't think of any mods I'm using that adds any bar encounters, other than Varya's D&D game, but you've already confirmed IBB works with Varya's.

I'm going to Hegemony, the League, Independents, etc.. All over the sector, for hours and never found the IBB dude.
I wouldn't mind turning up the probability for the IBB person to appear, but I couldn't find where to do that when I took a look earlier. I didn't didn't do a deep search for it yet, cuz I figured I'd ask here if anyone knew where that would be first, or where to look. Do I need to extract the classes from the JAR file? Cuz, I have had trouble in the past with recompiling the classes into the JAR. I'm a C#(mostly) programmer, not Java. I hate the way Java and JARs work, but I'm getting off topic now...
I would appreciate any help.

garfu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: September 18, 2021, 12:10:16 PM »

I also was looking to do exactly that, just up the probability. I started digging through the src using http://java-decompiler.github.io/

I also spoke with DR on discord but didn't want to push the topic any further.

I'll have more time tonight to poke around, but as far as recompiling, you don't need to make a completely new jar, just build the source files into their class files, and replace the file within the existing jar. You'll just need to add any references needed by the class that contains the probability in order for it compile (obviously... as with C#).

I can give you a walkthrough via the unofficial discord tonight if you're around.

edit: but also confirming I've found the IBB while also using Vayra's... so it's out there.

edit2: jk spoke with DR again, it's not actually possible to raise the probability the event appears

edit3: fwiw I edited the bar event and it shows up pretty much every time now. DR helped point me in the right direction: SWP_IBBBarEventCreator. return 0 the obvious 2 methods and the weight higher. Alternatively flip the debug flag in SWP_IBBBarEvent, but that might effect other stuff.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 06:10:44 AM by garfu »

Space_Lettuce_OG

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: September 20, 2021, 09:02:39 AM »

I finally ran into an IBB agent!!
Oddly enough, only 5 minutes after running into the first agent, I ran into second!

I wonder if the agents don't start appearing until you are of a certain level, or your fleet is of a certain strength.
Either way, I am just glad I finally ran into the IBB agents!
Now I can begin to horde all the unique ships!!!

Azizzz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: September 20, 2021, 02:15:41 PM »

Ok i know u dont have much time but w8ting for this mod from the first day of the 0.95.Y onle use this mod and get this fatal error  Fatal: Ship hull spec[swp_vanguard]not found!Check starsector.log for more info.I did change some things in the folder where u can get more point to deploy,army size from 30 to 90 more planets to colonize and ofiters.Thx u werry much for your precious time

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #944 on: September 20, 2021, 09:46:20 PM »

Ok i know u dont have much time but w8ting for this mod from the first day of the 0.95.Y onle use this mod and get this fatal error  Fatal: Ship hull spec[swp_vanguard]not found!Check starsector.log for more info.I did change some things in the folder where u can get more point to deploy,army size from 30 to 90 more planets to colonize and ofiters.Thx u werry much for your precious time
You need a clean install of the mod (delete old folder before extracting/copying new one). This should be done when installing any mod, except where otherwise specified.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 85