Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 85

Author Topic: [0.97a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.15.1  (Read 1108276 times)

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.10.5
« Reply #660 on: April 06, 2020, 09:05:56 PM »

Sorry I deleted my prior post, I was hoping it would be before you read it. I realized I was erroneous in what I said. What you want to do is open the luddic_church.faction file in Ship and Weapon Pack, add a line under hullFrequency for the Cathedral, and give it a weight that is above 1 and keep trying different figures until you get a number of them that you are happy with using that mod list.

EatLikeAnOuroboros

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: April 16, 2020, 03:06:30 AM »

Hi, I'm having trouble with the mod where loading it causes my fps to drop to 7 even just in the main menu. I went through the whole list and only this mod causes it :( I really love the additions too. Modlist:

$$$_trailermoments,
  anotherportraitpack,
  anvil_industries,
  raccoonarms,
  blackrock_driveyards,
  CombatAnalytics,
  chatter,
  timid_commissioned_hull_mods,
  istl_dam,
  diableavionics,
  DisassembleReassemble,
  edshipyard,
  gladiatorsociety,
  HMI,
  hiigaran_descendants,
  sun_hyperdrive,
  deconomics,
  interestingportraitspack,
  Imperium,
  junk_pirates_release,
  lw_lazylib,
  logisticsNotifications,
  MagicLib,
  missingships,
  Neutrino,
  nexerelin,
  Polaris_Prime,
  portrait,
  PulseIndustry,
  SCY,
  shabro,
  sun_starship_legends,
  tahlan,
  Terraforming and Station Construction,
  va11portraits,
  vesperon,
  XhanEmpire,
  shaderLib

FAX

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: April 16, 2020, 04:24:50 AM »

causes my fps to drop to 7 even just in the main menu. I went through the whole list and only this mod causes it
i never face similar situation when running with swp, this problem sounds like your graphics device cannot handle, to see this thread maybe helpful.
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=10931.0

EatLikeAnOuroboros

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: April 16, 2020, 07:22:36 AM »

i never face similar situation when running with swp, this problem sounds like your graphics device cannot handle, to see this thread maybe helpful.
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=10931.0

I'll try these out, but its strange since the only time the fps drops is specifically when I add this mod to the modlist. Hopefully I'm wrong and this fixes it

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: April 16, 2020, 07:38:11 PM »

You are most likely running out of vram, and it is no particular mod at fault.

Like usual this is the info that is handy when encountering such problems:
- What are your system specs?
- How much ram are you allocating?
- What is your mod list? Yes I realize you posted it already.
- How much ram is being used as you play SS? Bring up the command console (Console Commands mod) and check it there as the task manager is not accurate for this purpose.
- How much vram is being used as you play SS? If in Windows 10 you can check using the task manager. If an older version of windows you will need to use a program such as MSI Afterburner to check instead.

EatLikeAnOuroboros

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: April 16, 2020, 10:27:59 PM »

You are most likely running out of vram, and it is no particular mod at fault.

It seems this is the case and since I apply your mod last, that's the time the fps dips. So sorry for troubling you, I've since swapped out some mods so I can use your instead though! HAHHA sorry for the trouble and love your mod

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: April 18, 2020, 12:40:13 AM »

The Nebula (LP) visibly has 2 mounts on its broadsides which are unused and not present on the original Nebula. Aren't these supposed to be missile mounts for the pathers to put some hammer torpedoes onto?

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #667 on: April 18, 2020, 11:16:54 AM »

The Nebula (LP) visibly has 2 mounts on its broadsides which are unused and not present on the original Nebula. Aren't these supposed to be missile mounts for the pathers to put some hammer torpedoes onto?

Those are not really the same as the mount sprites, and they overlap too much with the large turret, so I didn't fill them.

Üstad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: May 03, 2020, 07:32:49 AM »

I see the Lucifer class has phase advanced ability, how is that different from normal phase cloak ability? Since I couldn't laid my hands on it I don't know how it works.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: May 03, 2020, 10:23:20 PM »

I see the Lucifer class has phase advanced ability, how is that different from normal phase cloak ability? Since I couldn't laid my hands on it I don't know how it works.

On a whim I'm going to assume that's one of the IBB phase ships. They can fire beam weapons while phased.

Avanitia

• Commander
  • Local Egg Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: May 04, 2020, 08:14:01 PM »

Phase IBB ships:
1. Have better time dilation (4x instead of 3x, if I'm correct)
2. Can fire constant fire beams when phased.
3. Have different weapon slot layouts.

Not sure if there's more.

Also at least one of each ship class from the IBB should drop - with normal amount of d-mods or up to 10 d-mods, depends on your luck :)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 09:47:23 PM by Avanitia »
You haven't played Starsector unless your storage has one thousand Vulcans in it.

Üstad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: May 09, 2020, 02:35:13 PM »

Okay so I finally get a lucifer, but sometimes it get malfunctions and turn off the phasing, despite combat readiness is not at critical level or any d-mods, I assume it has something to do with the ship.

Any way to get rid of that?

Phase IBB ships:
1. Have better time dilation (4x instead of 3x, if I'm correct)
2. Can fire constant fire beams when phased.
3. Have different weapon slot layouts.

Not sure if there's more.

Also at least one of each ship class from the IBB should drop - with normal amount of d-mods or up to 10 d-mods, depends on your luck :)
About time dilation, with a character skill time dilation becomes x4 instead of x3. Does the advanced phasing ability and character skill stacks? Like does it make it x5 with character skill?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 02:36:47 PM by Üstad »

PainProjection

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: May 09, 2020, 06:27:45 PM »

Okay so I finally get a lucifer, but sometimes it get malfunctions and turn off the phasing, despite combat readiness is not at critical level or any d-mods, I assume it has something to do with the ship.

Any way to get rid of that?

That might be a hidden Ill-Modifications hullmod. I seen this before on "Saluki" from ED's shipyard mod - it has hidden safety override hullmod, but without perfomance time debuff, so it literally always moves with 0-flux boost, no matter what.

PainProjection

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: May 09, 2020, 06:55:01 PM »

Yes! I knew it. Go to the save file, open it with any text redactor, then find there your ship (give it unique name ingame, press ctrl+f in text redactor and write it there) and go to the part with hullmods. I find this:

<hM z="111634">
<st>phasefield</st>
<st>delicate</st>
<st>safetyremoval</st>
<st>rcsw_secondwave</st>
<st>efficiency_overhaul</st>
<st>solar_shielding</st>
<st>fluxdistributor</st>
<st>hardened_subsystems</st>
</hM>
<pM z="111635">
<st>rcsw_secondwave</st>
</pM>

So here is a safety removal, what didn't showup ingame
Spoiler
[close]

I bet you will find Ill-modifications there. You might even delete this string if you don't like it, but check description of lucifer it says - "somehow work". I think thats was intentionaly made unremovable by restoration in docks, because this is an extremely modded prototype after all.

Üstad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: May 10, 2020, 02:53:55 AM »

Yes! I knew it. Go to the save file, open it with any text redactor, then find there your ship (give it unique name ingame, press ctrl+f in text redactor and write it there) and go to the part with hullmods. I find this:

<hM z="111634">
<st>phasefield</st>
<st>delicate</st>
<st>safetyremoval</st>
<st>rcsw_secondwave</st>
<st>efficiency_overhaul</st>
<st>solar_shielding</st>
<st>fluxdistributor</st>
<st>hardened_subsystems</st>
</hM>
<pM z="111635">
<st>rcsw_secondwave</st>
</pM>

So here is a safety removal, what didn't showup ingame
Spoiler
[close]

I bet you will find Ill-modifications there. You might even delete this string if you don't like it, but check description of lucifer it says - "somehow work". I think thats was intentionaly made unremovable by restoration in docks, because this is an extremely modded prototype after all.

Ctrl+f'd entire save file, couldn't find safetyremoval or IllAdvised modifications, still the malfuncions are happening.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 85