Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 85

Author Topic: [0.97a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.15.1  (Read 1109033 times)

justxlaugh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.13.0
« Reply #1035 on: February 08, 2022, 03:35:36 PM »

any chance of seeing a SWP boss cathedral?
i could go for another challenge :P

ghostp

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: February 10, 2022, 06:53:09 AM »

I have a small question, is the 95.1 version applicable in 95

Ruddygreat

• Admiral
  • Seals :^)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: February 10, 2022, 06:54:59 AM »

no, you''l have to update to .95.1 (and almost every .95 mod works with .95.1, the only exception I can think of is kingdom of terra)

ghostp

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: February 10, 2022, 07:04:21 AM »

no, you''l have to update to .95.1 (and almost every .95 mod works with .95.1, the only exception I can think of is kingdom of terra)
I actually have a lot of questions, as you can tell from the number of posts I have that I am a newcomer.also do you have a discord.

Necrodamis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: February 11, 2022, 08:55:34 PM »

Hey I found a major bug with one of the IBB bounties, "Settling a bet". Since I found this bounty pretty early in my save and didn't have very good ships or logistics, I decided to wait on fighting the fleet described in the mission. Well I kinda forgot about it, since I was tied up in other stuff and fighting factions, until there's was only a few weeks to do it. Well I couldn't find the supposed fleet (only saying this because the mission frames the fleet as a story, like it could be real, but it might not be, and you have to figure that out) and so the mission timed out, as you'd expect and I was gonna just carry on with my business. However, when it sends the normal mission failed notification, it doesn't send one. It sends and endless stream of them, at lightning speed so that you can't even see other notifications. Saving/loading the save does nothing and going to main menu and back onto the save doesn't help either. Is there anything I can do to fix this? I have the console commands mod if that'll help any.

Necrodamis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: February 11, 2022, 09:28:27 PM »

Hey I found a major bug with one of the IBB bounties, "Settling a bet". Since I found this bounty pretty early in my save and didn't have very good ships or logistics, I decided to wait on fighting the fleet described in the mission. Well I kinda forgot about it, since I was tied up in other stuff and fighting factions, until there's was only a few weeks to do it. Well I couldn't find the supposed fleet (only saying this because the mission frames the fleet as a story, like it could be real, but it might not be, and you have to figure that out) and so the mission timed out, as you'd expect and I was gonna just carry on with my business. However, when it sends the normal mission failed notification, it doesn't send one. It sends and endless stream of them, at lightning speed so that you can't even see other notifications. Saving/loading the save does nothing and going to main menu and back onto the save doesn't help either. Is there anything I can do to fix this? I have the console commands mod if that'll help any.

Ok so I did eventually find the fleet, after failing it due to time, and gladly that stopped the spam. But that doesn't really solve the matter of the bug if you don't find said fleet

Obsidian Actual

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: February 11, 2022, 09:29:11 PM »

"Settling a bet" is not an IBB bounty (and thus does not come from this mod), but a MagicBounty added by Tartiflette's Seeker - Unidentified Contact mod.

You may want to post there instead.

Necrodamis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: February 11, 2022, 09:35:42 PM »

"Settling a bet" is not an IBB bounty (and thus does not come from this mod), but a MagicBounty added by Tartiflette's Seeker - Unidentified Contact mod.

You may want to post there instead.

Thanks for the help, I wasn't sure where to put this, so I figured this would at least be a good place to start

Sapfearon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: February 14, 2022, 03:53:56 AM »

i'm honestly surprised nobody talking about recent changes to IBB bounties and how last 2 are impossible to beat without straight out cheating / extreme modding. Let's talk about it then. First - all ibb bounties, as far as i'm aware - they all cheat. AI always deploy bounty ships even if it puts him way above what he can deploy so player already outnumbered before starting battle and no amount of officers/skills/control points change it. So in last bounty, ai deploys 3 capitals who i assume at least 60-80 each plus fleet worthy of 100-150dp. While player even at max battle size is limited to 240 if you capture all points. Then you add that literally every ship in this fleet is armed with weapons that should not be in hands of AI - the doritos OP weapons. And every single ship, every ship(!) even the smallest frigate is armed with them. Add officers from level 10 to 18(!!!) in each ship (alpha core is 8 btw) and you incredibly tough battle. But then there are 3 capitals and oh god, *** zeus overloads any vanilla capital ship from outside of screen in 2 valleys. Zeus literally wins duel with 2 paragons and there 2 more stupidly strong capitals you need to deal with not to mention smaller ship. This is like example of how you never should make fight.
I tried everything, from throwing 23 capital, spamming carries, spamming phase ships, abusing ziggurat which on it's own can delete 500dp fleet solo - no luck. Without having absolutely broken ships from others mods or simply cheating and raising allowed DP size to something like 800 it's not even doable. Maybe i'm missing some stupid tactic like spamming harbringers and dooms but really, nothing should be balanced around harbringer/doom spam.

Sorry, i'm a little angry after throwing fleet after fleet at final bounty. I beat every single bounty before with modest 220dp fleet and 1 capital in it and that even 3 hours of throwing everything i could at problem i achieved nothing. I even cleared all doritos in hopes that new weapons somehow solve this problem - noope.

Funny enough i remember beating this bounty 3 times before changes to skills and i don't remember having any problems at all. In fact, i never ever had problem big enough to force me spam capitals and still fail.

jlrperkins

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: February 19, 2022, 10:17:42 AM »

Just wanted to chime in to notify the nod's author that there's a soft incompatibility between his mod and the Progressive Hullmods in the Modding su forum.
Details here https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=23006.msg349541#msg349541

CrescentQuill

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: February 19, 2022, 08:35:15 PM »

I'm having an issue that's causing a hard crash on start up early on in loading up the game.

This is the error message I'm getting. I am running a fair few mods, but the previous version ran perfectly fine for me. I have updated LazyLib and GraphicsLib to the latest version, alongside updating Nex if that matters at all.

Kwbr

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: February 19, 2022, 08:46:04 PM »

obligatory did you completely delete the previous version before updating instead of overwriting

CrescentQuill

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: February 19, 2022, 09:05:55 PM »

Yup, deleted the entire folder. Even deleted the updated one and re-installed from a fresh download to double check that I did so.

Obsidian Actual

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: February 19, 2022, 11:35:00 PM »

I'm having an issue that's causing a hard crash on start up early on in loading up the game.

Error Screenshot
[close]

This is the error message I'm getting. I am running a fair few mods, but the previous version ran perfectly fine for me. I have updated LazyLib and GraphicsLib to the latest version, alongside updating Nex if that matters at all.

That's StarSector 0.95a you're running, right?

If so, then you're going to have to update your base game. Ship/Weapon Pack 1.13.0 is made for StarSector 0.95.1a-RC6.

CrescentQuill

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: February 20, 2022, 01:06:31 AM »

That might actually be it. I thought I was on 0.95a.1a-RC15 but I just noticed it's only 0.95a-RC15 rofl.

I'll update and see if that helps.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 85