Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 29

Author Topic: [0.97a] Underworld 1.8.3  (Read 659888 times)

Kragh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Underworld 1.7.1
« Reply #375 on: June 16, 2022, 07:11:26 PM »

How do you do the infernal machine custom start? I have Nexerelin but I am not seeing it as a custom start option. There is something I missing I guess I just can't seem to find it :/. Even checking the custom start under pirates faction, can't seem to find it.
Need Nexerelin and Underworld.
It will be under Custom Start. You might need to press next page depending how many mods you have.

nanocosm5203

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 20, 2022, 01:14:57 PM »

I see some people complaining about the cabal, but I rather like the cabal.  I like being harassed by the cabal, attacked by the caval, killing the cabal, putting cabal skulls my walls.  Unfortunately it seems the caval have disappeared from my game or at the very least I have not encountered any on a long time.  I'm using nex which I read in another post this mod wasn't designed for as well as about six or so faction mods.  I looked a the "fleet report" and didn't see them listed but their faction is still listed in the reputation list.  Just seeing what anyone's thoughts are. 

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 20, 2022, 04:23:28 PM »

@nanocosm5203:
They need a market, and since they start on a Tritach market by being "affiliated"... So either the market is gone or Tri-Tachyon lost control of the market, I am not sure if they can spawn if the market is owned by someone else or if Tritach got completely wiped, I think (??) they still can spawn with another market owner despite their whole Tri-Tachyon shtick, but who knows... Sooo the cabal influence condition with their submarket may be gone.

The console commands mod allows you to add the Cabal influence to a market (planet, station) with the command: addcondition cabal_influence
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=4106.0

[attachment deleted by admin]

nanocosm5203

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 21, 2022, 12:12:49 AM »

@Dadada

Perfect, thank you I didn't realize that's how that worked.  I'll go ahead and do that now.  Yeah, now that I've looked your absolutely right tritach has been getting stomped.  They only have one market left. 

Janster

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 27, 2022, 01:37:15 PM »

This needs a download link please :)

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 27, 2022, 02:30:40 PM »

Download and mirror work fine on my end...

tigartar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 09, 2022, 03:11:48 AM »

Is there a way we can have the "The Infernal Machine" custom game start, start out on something like an abandoned station instead of a colony with a faction? after all the flare at the start says "You have managed to unearth the wreckage of the Infernal Machine, spending your fortunes to repair the hull and bring it online as your own flagship." It wouldn't really make sense to have a really build-up colony(granted it runs in the red most of the time).
Given that it also talks about you plotting your revenge on Kanta and how most factions don't like you, if you spend all your fortune repairing such a giant ship wouldn't it make more sense if the starting point was like an abandoned space station orbiting a random average planet(like a barren world or something like that)

I love the ship and the premise of that start but it feels easier than starting out with a single frigate at war with everyone but pirates or most other "hard" starts and just makes it feel less of a "trying to crawl back up while fighting to survive and take revenge" and more of a "sort out your planet while doing bounties and surveys and colonize some more until you get enough wealth incoming where in the first year of play you got your ship fully fixed and it's a beast that almost no one can compete with" I know that the start is mostly a simple thing made for it but honestly i do hope that it might get some more love and make it feel harder than how easy it is right now.

Besides that, i absolutely do love the ship designs that this mod adds

Honestly, I wish the way to create quests was easier in this game as the Infernal Machine's quest to hunt down the clues to find the ship crashed on the planet/adrift in an asteroid belt and then bringing it back to a station where you then try to lay low while funneling materials and credits into repairing the thing and defending the station from pirates and others once they find out about what you are doing and if you succeed being able to fly the ship and then take the fight to them would be such a nice start to a playthrough after all after your revenge is done then what, what do you do now with your freedom and no real goal.
But maybe some day that will be a thing but for now I will just hope to have the start of the custom start have us start out on an abandoned station or something of that nature if possible at all.

OrariusTempus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 16, 2022, 11:32:21 PM »

Found a bug:
The Killer Bee drone fighters are missing the auto_fighter tag in the wing data csv file.

HopeFall

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 23, 2022, 01:34:26 PM »

Love the mod. I do have a question though:  Is it possible in a mod update to somehow address the mild incompatibility of the Infernal Machine's hullmods along with Better Deserved S-Mods? Better Deserved is just an amazing mod, period, giving a point to not just building in the most expensive hull mods. Unfortunately, Operations Center has amazing S-Mod bonuses, but sadly when you 'build it into' the Infernal Machine, it doesn't grant the special S-Mod effects.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 23, 2022, 01:57:23 PM »

Unfortunately, Operations Center has amazing S-Mod bonuses, but sadly when you 'build it into' the Infernal Machine, it doesn't grant the special S-Mod effects.
What you want is already a setting in Better Deserved S-Mods; by default it doesn't give the s-mod bonuses to built-ins, but you can change that via its settings file.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

mllhild

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 23, 2023, 08:24:07 AM »

Is there an option to change the music volume of that track that plays when the cabal forces engage you? Its horribly loud compared to all other music.
Also why do they demand I give them something while running away from me?
to be done some day... XD

FreonRu

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 19, 2023, 11:23:00 AM »

Good day. Is there a plan to add the ability to hire an ambassador (for the Industrial Evolution modification) from the Legio Infernals faction?

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 19, 2023, 03:06:13 PM »

Good day. Is there a plan to add the ability to hire an ambassador (for the Industrial Evolution modification) from the Legio Infernals faction?

That would be difficult, considering that faction isn't from this mod.

Euripides

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 19, 2023, 07:32:34 PM »

Pirates definitely need fleshing out, but this just seems to be another OC faction with more ships/guns and few interesting gameplay changes.

I guess I'm just a negative nancy but I'd really like to see campaign and gameplay changes, not more ships and guns added to the game.

Draz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 24, 2023, 06:45:53 AM »

This mod does add gameplay changes. It adds a unique pirate faction (the cabal) with fun dialogue and a bribe mechanic. It lets the player extort NPC fleets, adds a unique starting scenario (The Infernal Machine) and several special markets.

It's okay to not like things

If you've got constructive comments, how about you just go straight into them like "Hey, wouldn't it be cool if X?"
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 29