Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 29

Author Topic: [0.97a] Underworld 1.8.3  (Read 661618 times)

Caypbaron

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Underworld 1.6.0
« Reply #285 on: April 19, 2021, 08:18:37 AM »

Oh, i´ve been waiting for this mod.

The vanilla pirates require more variety, and i really like the "cobbled together" aesthetics.

robepriority

• Captain
  • robepriority#2626
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 19, 2021, 06:00:56 PM »

Huh, what factors into the "lavish party" attempts during cabal interactions?

RemnantAI

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 19, 2021, 06:42:06 PM »

The beacons are lit! The Ludic Path calls for aid!

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
[0.95a] Underworld 1.6.1
« Reply #288 on: April 21, 2021, 01:14:52 AM »

Save-compatible.

Download Underworld 1.6.1
Download Mirror
(Requires LazyLib 2.6)
(Requires GraphicsLib 1.5.1)

- Supported by Nexerelin 0.10.0d -

Git Repository

Edit UNDERWORLD_OPTIONS.ini to enable or disable Underworld features!

We recommend Version Checker to notify you when an update is ready.

Having problems?  Visit the Mod Troubleshooting Guide!

Change Log
Version 1.6.1:
- Palace sprite updated
- Fixed a major bug that made a SP-cost Cabal interaction item not actually cost a SP

Fenrir

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Underworld 1.6.1
« Reply #289 on: April 21, 2021, 05:34:18 AM »

All Hail Dark Revenant!
*cough* try tossing the PK into a black hole *cough*

robepriority

• Captain
  • robepriority#2626
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 21, 2021, 11:47:36 AM »

Oh, the parties were an SP interaction?
Damn.

Flacman3000

• Commander
  • A man cannot put his shaft into the unknown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 21, 2021, 08:57:47 PM »

How do most players in this mod raise their relations with the cabal I have no chances of helping them in combat and for the first time I'm doing a pirate run and would like to be allied with them. Does anyone have recommendations?
Ryzen 7 2700x, 1080ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM and playing SS on a SSD - Always stay ahead because when you're ahead you're rear anatomy is open to interpretation.

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 21, 2021, 10:18:46 PM »

Just hanging around near Tri-tach colony, usually you will get shanked by one, just give them your stuff.
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

Flacman3000

• Commander
  • A man cannot put his shaft into the unknown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 21, 2021, 11:08:56 PM »

Just hanging around near Tri-tach colony, usually you will get shanked by one, just give them your stuff.

Its kinda hilarious how they like you after you surrender this soon gives you access to a secret cult within tri tachyon which is hilarious, but once they start ignoring it how do you raise them past neutral? this can't be the only solution to entering their cult?
Ryzen 7 2700x, 1080ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM and playing SS on a SSD - Always stay ahead because when you're ahead you're rear anatomy is open to interpretation.

Inhilicon

• Lieutenant
  • I like when the ship
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 22, 2021, 04:32:49 AM »

Its kinda hilarious how they like you after you surrender this soon gives you access to a secret cult within tri tachyon which is hilarious, but once they start ignoring it how do you raise them past neutral? this can't be the only solution to entering their cult?

On stations, you can sometimes meet a Cabalero. He will ask you to gamble and that is another way to raise Cabal rep. Even works if you don't win. Can you even win? I don't know.

Wispborne

• Captain
  • Discord: wispborne
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 24, 2021, 02:47:38 PM »

Two things.

1. The mod's listing in the index still shows 0.9.1, hasn't been updated yet.

2. Not a bug, just unexpected.

The Cabal's submarket plugin's `isIllegalOnSubmarket(someCabalShip, SubmarketPlugin.TransferAction.PLAYER_BUY)` returns false, even when the player is not allowed to buy the ship. In contrast, vanilla submarkets return true for the same call if the player doesn't have access to buy the ship on the submarket (eg buying a military-locked ship from a military submarket).

I've worked around this by using the plugin's isEnabled method, which does indicate whether or not the player has access to the Cabal's submarket. Therefore, if this is even a bug and not something intentional, it's zero priority. Still, different from vanilla behavior, thought I'd mention it.
Mod: Persean Chronicles | Mod Managers: SMOL & TriOS | Tool: VRAM Estimator | Tool: Forum+Discord Mod Database | If I'm inactive for 3 months, anyone can use any of my work for anything (except selling it or its derivatives).

gogis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: April 25, 2021, 08:11:38 AM »

Holy ***, DR. Time for new game

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 26, 2021, 11:56:02 AM »

How dare this forum keep Underworld below the first page of mods? Unacceptable!

First things first, I'm loving what this mod does to my pirate themed campaign and how actually competent pirates become thanks to it when I'm not being one myself. I just wanted to express my utmost gratitude to you for giving us such a great experience, among all your other mods!

Now, I've got two little feedback pieces to give about a couple of ships this mod introduces, the Big TPC Energy and the Major In Plunder

Thomas The TPC Engine is a great, dual purpose centerpiece of any fleet fielding it. It slows down everything traveling to a crawl due to its eye-watering 6 maximum burn speed but it provides with a suprisingly competent frontline capital and a crazy good tanker holding the absolutely ludicrous amount of 3000 metric tons of fuel. I am however bothered by a few pet peeves I have with it:

The Shield
It's quite surprising for what basically amounts to a converted tanker and salvage barge to have such an impressive 180 front shield with a respectable damage ratio, but I truly do NOT think it should have a shield that wide, or having it as a front shield alone. Why do you ask? Well, to put things into perspective...
Spoiler
[close]
That's a picture showing a Pain TPC Train and a Fat Pigeon
Notice how the latter's shield gracefully follows its grossly obese frame and leaves no shield amount wasted?
Now, look at the Ice Thermal Pulse Truck. You could unironically state that the front shield it has covers more empty space behind it than the barge itself. Don't believe me?
Spoiler
You won't believe how much effort it took for me to not go in the simulation, get two of those ball cruisers parking up beside it revert back to being a child for 5 minutes.
[close]
The two gaps this enormous frontal shield leaves behind it is actually big enough to completely protect a small cruiser!

I reckon that just giving it a 90° Omni Shield would work a lot better for the Infernus than a 180° front one. I would even be willing to trade it for the shield system to generate more flux or even have a worse damage ratio (It would also be fun to mention the shield was actually pilfered from a Conquest and improved upon with augments thanks to the generous internal hull compared with the much slender Battlecruiser in the ship description).

The massive front shield also heavily messes with allied firing lines as a wall that wide can really become a bother for allies to get around or the Infernus itself to even advance forward with. A massive dome of a shield really looks wierd on such a gorgeous, tubular monstrosity of a hull.

Funky Flux stats and Ordinance Points balance
I am perfectly aware the Magic TPC Schoolbus is worth 50 Deployment Points, and it does not feel either underpowered or just better than other capital ship options when that's taken into consideration. I am just really wierded out by the Flux Stats belonging to a Paragon and the lack of Ordinance points to fill such a huge ship with. Observe

Spoiler
[close]
This is the build I am using. I wanted to make this thing able to hold the line, armor tank and have impressive enough fron point defence to not worry about anything as long as there's an ally keeping its back safe.

The weapon variety and mounts are more than fine, really, but the relatively low amount of Ordinance Points on such an immense frame makes it unable to even fill all the weapon mounts properly, if at all. Were both Flux capacity and Flux Dissipation worse (by some thousand for the former, a hundred or two by the latter) and the ship had significantly more OP (from the current 265 to 300-330, maybe even 350) the ship would still be able to pretty much specialize in any way it wanted, but it would at least have MORE options, without being Overpowered due to the reduced flux stats.

The Impact Science may feel like in the same boat at first glance, with really good flux stats but not enough Ordinance Points to fill them, but it really isn't in my humble optinion. I personally am under the impression the Doctorate In Dakka is still trading way too many weapon mounts from the Apogee and is in a really wierd spot because of it. In order:

Why the Hybrid Mounts?
I understand this must've been an obvious attempt to show continuity from the Apogee, but why would anyone consider installing even simple energy based point defence when the ship itself now has an ability that massively boosts all ballistic weapons across the board? It may appear as a way to further customize the ship but there really is no choice there.

The Large Missile Mount is redundant
Having a large missile mount was quite the boon on the Apogee, which had long range capabilities and no good ways to deal hard flux damage if it used a HIL/tach lance on the large mount or high explosive damage to exploit the hard flux damage it dealt if it used Autopulse/Plasma Cannon. On The Stalker however, the constricted amount of Ordinance Points forces it to either install a cheap Locust as an afterthought, downgrade it to something generalist like a Salamander Pod or strip it and forget it entirely, which is what I did:
Spoiler
[close]

The Revolver wing is..eh?
Don't get me wrong, I really like the Revolver Support Wing and it's great on my Cerus Asteroid Cruisers from the Asteroid Ship pack mod (and other combat carriers aswell), but it's neither fish or meat on the Cheeki Science Breaky. It either has too low of a maximum range to basically never fire and only provide PD or barely does anything consistent if it's Overridden and gets very close to the enemy. Having that hangar bay open for customization would amount to something but even than, who in their right mind would invest 15OP for Expanded Deck Crew on a Cruiser that's already starving with only 130 of them and that only buffs one bay?

What I propose is a general repurposing of the entire cruiser. I was perfectly torn between three designs so I'll include them all:

Stalker (M)
-Deployment Points increased from 20 to 25
-Ordinance Points increased from 130 to 160-170
-Ship Special Ability changed from Accellerated Ammo Feed to Fast Missile Racks
-The two back medium turrets are no longer Hybrid (Ballistic/Energy) but Composite (Ballistic/Missile)
-Built-in Surveying Equippent Hullmod swapped for ECCM

Stalker (B)
-The side large missile hardpoint is removed and two-three side facing ballistic turrets are there in its stead
-The two back medium turrets are no longer Hybrid (Ballistic/Energy) but Ballistic
-Built-in Surveying Equippent Hullmod swapped for Integrated Targeting Unit

Stalker (C)
-Ship Special Ability changed from Accellerated Ammo Feed to Reserve Deployment
-The already present hangar bay is now customizable, and there is an additional hangar bay that took place of the now removed Large Missile Hardpoint
-The two back medium turrets are no longer Hybrid (Ballistic/Energy) but Composite (Ballistic/Missile)
-Built-in Surveying Equippent Hullmod swapped for Expanded Deck Crew

You could consider these in the future if they actually make any sense and I'm not going crazier by the post, two out of three would even require consistent sprite work. But between you and me, the only thing the Stalker really starves for is more OP, even at the cost of being bumped up in Deployment Points. The ship itself with 3 integrated hullmods and using railguns as point defence is incredibly strong for 20 OP, but I'd rather have a proper 25DP cruiser that does not need to go into battle half naked to be effective at its job.

Anyway. Back to actually playing Starsector. Cheers!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 12:07:22 PM by Arcagnello »
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 26, 2021, 12:22:26 PM »

It's quite surprising for what basically amounts to a converted tanker and salvage barge to have such an impressive 180 front shield with a respectable damage ratio, but I truly do NOT think it should have a shield that wide, or having it as a front shield alone. Why do you ask? Well, to put things into perspective...
You could unironically state that the front shield it has covers more empty space behind it than the barge itself.
The two gaps this enormous frontal shield leaves behind it is actually big enough to completely protect a small cruiser!
I reckon that just giving it a 90° Omni Shield would work a lot better for the Infernus than a 180° front one. I would even be willing to trade it for the shield system to generate more flux or even have a worse damage ratio (It would also be fun to mention the shield was actually pilfered from a Conquest and improved upon with augments thanks to the generous internal hull compared with the much slender Battlecruiser in the ship description).
The massive front shield also heavily messes with allied firing lines as a wall that wide can really become a bother for allies to get around or the Infernus itself to even advance forward with. A massive dome of a shield really looks weird on such a gorgeous, tubular monstrosity of a hull.
I agree the enormous shield presentation makes it vulnerable to fluxing out. Maybe get really creative and add a module that has a makeshift shield and that's all it is. Set the module pointed foreword so it only protects the nose. Then make the real shield into 60° OMNI. Would make the defenses unique and feel cobbled together like the rest of the ship.

Retry

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 26, 2021, 01:22:31 PM »

Took a while to understand what that review post was talking about since it mostly used the weird custom names instead of the class of the ship.

On the Stalker, it doesn't make much sense for the pirate-based Apogee conversion to be significantly stronger than the Apogee itself.  As such, I'm opposed to the tweaks on that basis alone.  However, it's also worth nothing that none of the stalker changes proposed are actually worth the 25 DP compared to Vanilla ships, some are no stronger or even weaker than the original (proposition B comes to mind), pretty much all of them take the design further away from the Apogee baseline, and the proposal of sacrificing the surveying equipment built-in hullmod is just lame.

(Also, I've never had any issues mounting a large missile on a Stalker)
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 29