Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 29

Author Topic: [0.97a] Underworld 1.8.3  (Read 653134 times)

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
[0.9.1a] Underworld 1.4.3
« Reply #195 on: July 08, 2020, 07:47:52 PM »

Small update, just fixing bugs.

Download Underworld 1.4.3
Download Mirror
(Requires LazyLib 2.4f) (Updated!)
(Requires GraphicsLib 1.4.2) (Updated!)

- Supported by Nexerelin 0.9.6d (Updated!) -

Git Repository

Edit UNDERWORLD_OPTIONS.ini to enable or disable Underworld features!

We recommend Version Checker to notify you when an update is ready.

Having problems?  Visit the Mod Troubleshooting Guide!

Change Log
Version 1.4.3:
- Shielded Cargo Holds now loosely affects the demands of Cabal extortion attempts
- Fix a rare crash in Cabal fleet AI
- Possible fix for Cabal extortion causing transponder-on hostilities with disguise faction(s)
- Migrated version file to BitBucket

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
[0.9.1a] Underworld 1.4.4
« Reply #196 on: July 11, 2020, 12:28:35 AM »

Fixing the bug for real this time...

Download Underworld 1.4.4
Download Mirror
(Requires LazyLib 2.4f)
(Requires GraphicsLib 1.4.2)

- Supported by Nexerelin 0.9.6d -

Git Repository

Change Log
Version 1.4.4:
- Actual fix for Cabal extortion causing transponder-on hostilities with disguise faction(s)
- Some configuration for Vayra's Sector and Starship Legends
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 04:10:15 AM by Dark.Revenant »

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Underworld 1.4.4
« Reply #197 on: July 11, 2020, 09:26:54 AM »

The Dickersons at Arigato seem to die and go to the next level even if you manage to disengage without killing anything. This happens when another pirate fleet decides to attack you because of its proximity to the station and you disengage. If you come back after a while, the Dickerson's fleet will have a ! on its fleet and say something about killing its predecessor.

EDIT:I forgot to add that I used console commands when testing this. Do they "die" when a battle ends as player victorious?(endcombat command)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 09:40:18 AM by mora »

spengler88

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 03, 2020, 09:17:36 PM »

Hello man, really enjoy your mod, but for some reason since the last time I played, and now, the game seems to really slows down after I attack a cabal fleet, the only mod I'm using now that I wasn't using before is adjusted sector, and set my sector size just to be a little bit bigger than the vanilla game, do you think there could be any problem with that mod? it's only after I fight cabal fleets, not fleets with any of the other ships that come with the mod, thanks in advance

mkire

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 22, 2020, 10:07:16 PM »

i managed to get cabal relations to positive once, then one of them asked me for something i didn't want to give and i said no.

relations were still good enough that he wasn't hostile, but there's no button for leaving in this situation, so my choices were attack him, ruining relations, or force the game to close and load my game from my last save.

Modo44

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 23, 2020, 01:54:24 AM »

This seems to be a Starsector, or maybe Nexerelin issue. Some dialogue options railroad you into "we're friendly, but all I can do is attack" situations.

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 23, 2020, 12:40:08 PM »

you can press "esc" to bail out, i thinks it's because how the game code work, even with high reputation they still "ask" you for monetary support, but then again just pres "esc"
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

Troika

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 26, 2020, 04:10:26 PM »

I think that there should be a general balance pass on a lot of units in this mod, as they havn't kept up with the times at all. Most notoriously the death barges are not remotely competitive with the Atlas mk II, which can bring a lot more weapons to the field per deployment point and is also not a death trap.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
[0.9.1a] Underworld 1.4.5
« Reply #203 on: September 28, 2020, 01:43:22 AM »

Maintenance update!

Download Underworld 1.4.5
Download Mirror
(Requires LazyLib 2.4f)
(Requires GraphicsLib 1.4.3) (Updated!)

- Supported by Nexerelin 0.9.7b - (Updated!)

Git Repository

Change Log
Version 1.4.5:
- Fixed bug where most battles with Dickerson counts as a Dickerson kill
- Fixed a Cabal dice game having the wrong score requirement
- Made the Infernus rarer
- Some configuration for compatibility with various other mods
- Prevent Cabal from spawning with unnatural sizes if there's somehow a Cabal-owned market somewhere in the sector
- Migrated version file to custom host (sigh)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 01:47:32 AM by Dark.Revenant »

fellabrando

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Underworld 1.4.5
« Reply #204 on: October 03, 2020, 07:22:39 AM »

Does this still require dynasector?

Even though dynasector is no longer updated?

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 29, 2020, 10:12:58 AM »

Does this still require dynasector?

Even though dynasector is no longer updated?

I'm playing with Underworld withouy Dyna's Secotr and I can confirm it works flawlessly :)

P.S: I know I just wrote more or less the same thing in HMI, but I've tested most of the Pirate ships in underworld and it's just a matter of overcoming my procastination and write some feedback about them instead of...you know...playing Starsector :P

Spoiler
Infernus is the True Onslaught
[close]
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 29, 2020, 10:25:03 PM »

Infernus is nice and dandy untill some Hammered Luddic shoot it down wit Reaper. Still my fav ship for pirate playthrough beside Renegade.
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 30, 2020, 03:42:07 AM »

Infernus is nice and dandy untill some Hammered Luddic shoot it down wit Reaper. Still my fav ship for pirate playthrough beside Renegade.

The only offensive weapons aside from the Infernus Turret are three HVDs, the rest including the two large slots are PD just for that reason. I've also installed advanced turret gyros since I noticed the cannon struggles to turn as it fires and on cool down, the faster it stays on target the more it can keep firing. Also, don't forget about Aux thrusters and Expanded Deck Crew to not regret boosting into the enemy and having a very useful tool against frigades and phase ships!

Edit: I'm also using the Dragon despite the fact that it gets a missile-related ability while at the same time having less missile slots than the original Odissey AND me not even bothering to use them. Can anyone mind explaining me that? I would love for it to get Accellerated Ammo Feeder Instead :P
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 03:59:37 AM by Arcagnello »

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 30, 2020, 02:34:43 PM »

The Dragon would be extremely OP if it has Accelerated Ammo Feeder!

Anyways Fast Racks is actually really great on it. It can knock down shields with its guns, and then turn a broadside and fire a prodigious volley of torpedoes, or just spam MRMs etc etc whatever.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 30, 2020, 02:59:53 PM »

The Dragon would be extremely OP if it has Accelerated Ammo Feeder!

Anyways Fast Racks is actually really great on it. It can knock down shields with its guns, and then turn a broadside and fire a prodigious volley of torpedoes, or just spam MRMs etc etc whatever.

I'll disagree on the first part:

The Dragon's AI is hardcoded into always facing the enemy it prioritizes with its nose due to the downsized single TPC at the front being fixed, meaning only one large ballistic mount (out of 3!) would be focusing on a target while the Accellerated Ammo Feeder is active. It even has no medium ballistic mounts facing directly in front of it, just three small ones you're inevitably going to use for PD.

Hell, even with non-vanilla weapons like the Balor Smartgun (from Legio Infernalis) making it able to shoot the front enemy with two large ballistics (it's got very bad flux-damage efficiency but the shell it fires has low tracking capabilities to compensate) the ship still struggles in the damage department.

Fast Missile racks on the Dragon gives me the same exact feeling I would experience if Alex&colleagues got drugged out of their minds while on a Raging Lockdown Zoom Bender and gave High Energy Focus to the Eagle instead of its Manouvering Jets (If you're reading this Alex, I'm sorry, it was the first comparison that came into my head for some reason). It's "ok" but it misses the point of the whole ship as far as I'm concerned. The Dragon is already really tight on ordinance points (stock 250, 275 with skills) if you actually want the two fighter bays to do anything remotely impactful, giving it an ability that would make its inefficient weapon arrangements somewhat effective for a short amount of time would be swell.

The Atlas Mk.II has Accellerated Ammo Feeder for Ludd's sake! And that thing can get double gauss/hurricane MIRV working!!

P.S: You know, even giving it a downgraded version of the Odyssey's plasma jets that recharges faster instead would really do wonders. Manouvering Jets would probably fit it even better since it does not broadside like its non-bootleg stepbrother and something that only boosts it forward would really screw with its already poor survivablity, being one third carrier and all that.

Edit: oh would you look at that, I forgot about the rest of your post entirely and only focused on that specific part that triggered my spaghetti feelings. Very Italian of me, I know.

The dragon setup I am using right now has two heavy fighters+expanded deck crew, the most long-ish range, most DPS itensive kinetic weapon I could find across my modded campaign since it's the one weapon it's going to be shooting most of the time (Arteria Heavy Railgun from The Great Houses, 26 OP, 1k range, fast fire rate, basically a premium version heavy autocannon on most aspects), a Balor Smartgun from LI right behind that and general PD everywhere else. I also managed to cram PDAI, ITU and Hardened shields while I was there. It has no flux capacitors so it can get overwhelmed really fast but it's mobile enough to fend for itself most of the time.

I've found any OP investments in missiles to even use the special skill to cripple it way too much anywhere else, so I did not bother even installing any:
-use Sabots and it's going to want to get close and get murdered
-use Salamanders and they're not going to be useful against the ships the Dragon struggles most (actual combat carriers/battlecruisers and not a combined bastardization of the two like itself)
-use Harpoons and the Dragon is going to spam them on the first frigade it overloads with the railgun and they would be reduntant considering I've got a large HE weapon already installed
-use fancy stuff like the Karion Seeker from the Great houses to waste 30FP in a virtually zero damage EMP gimmick just to have the enemy eat it, walk up to you anyway and blast you to kingdom come

Edit: I edited this reply way more than I should have.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 05:09:39 PM by Arcagnello »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 29