Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 29

Author Topic: [0.97a] Underworld 1.8.3  (Read 653163 times)

Vundaex

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Underworld 1.7.1
« Reply #360 on: March 09, 2022, 10:26:21 AM »

Sorry and apologies, that's what I realized once I started a new game.

vok3

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: April 16, 2022, 11:44:58 AM »

Is there a way to permanently defeat the Cabal so those annoying extortion patrols don't spawn anymore?

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 18, 2022, 02:05:58 AM »

Is there a way to permanently defeat the Cabal so those annoying extortion patrols don't spawn anymore?
You can't, but you can disable them completely in config file - however you need to start a new game for it to have any effect.

vok3

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 24, 2022, 08:34:42 AM »

If it's a matter of starting a new game, I'll start a new game having uninstalled the mod.  Incessant unavoidable unending harassment of the player is terrible stupid design.

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 24, 2022, 11:09:52 AM »

Their poor life choice of music is the worst offender, but then again the toggle has been always there. You don't have to play a mod in it's default setting, it's not a rite of passage to play as the mod author intended.

But if don't want to start a new game just use console command "nuke" every time you fight them.
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #365 on: April 25, 2022, 10:36:42 AM »

You can't, but you can disable them completely in config file - however you need to start a new game for it to have any effect.

That's incorrect.  If you toggle them off mid-campaign, they'll disappear pretty quickly.  At least, the Cabal spawned by Underworld will.  I have no idea if Nex honors the setting.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 10:38:19 AM by Dark.Revenant »

Zr0Potential

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: April 25, 2022, 06:55:59 PM »

Love the mod, really expands on the Pirates lineup and low-tech gameplay in general.

Anyways is there a chance we could have more TIM upgrades? Maybe the 2nd modular weapon slots upgrade and/or adding more weapon slots for a huge sum of creds so it can eat the [REDACTED] for breakfast? I really love using it as a flagship it's an absolute monster.

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: April 28, 2022, 03:50:57 AM »

Somehow a Cabal fleet ended up as an independent fleet after I blew up everything but a Doom with phase anchor and immediately interacted with it again.

Rumplenutskin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 23, 2022, 06:55:58 AM »

Has anyone been using the Climax? The apogee is my favorite ship, so I had to get my hands on the suped up version.

How's everyone building theirs? I'm new so I'm still unsure of what roles ships should be filling.

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 29, 2022, 07:46:35 AM »

Has anyone been using the Climax? The apogee is my favorite ship, so I had to get my hands on the suped up version.

How's everyone building theirs? I'm new so I'm still unsure of what roles ships should be filling.

It feels weird to try and outfit, but I can only assume it's more of either a broadside OR a frontal assault ship, with some rather good shields and increased stats. Also one of the cheaper-costing deployable cruisers, especially with the Fleet DP mod.

How mine is built out (yet to take a screenshot of it) is it focuses on frontal firepower (2 IR Pulse Lasers, 1 Heavy Blaster), with missiles on the side slots (Arma has a homing laser that i've stuck on it).
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 29, 2022, 09:19:16 AM »

It's a funny broadsider and generaly more flexible in terms of weapons. However it loses out on exploration utility, so you are losing out on OP to outfit it for exploration or have to bring some other ship to fullfill that duty.

Zordiark Darkeater

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 29, 2022, 01:48:45 PM »

{
    ### MODULES ###
    "starlightCabal":true,  # Default: true  ## The Starlight Cabal exists

# CABAL OPTIONS #
    "cabalFleetFactor":1.0, # Default: 1.0  ## Affects fleet count
}

is this what i need to change to turn off cabals ?

all i need to do is replace True with False right ?

Big Bee

• Commander
  • bugs are cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 29, 2022, 02:07:08 PM »

{
    ### MODULES ###
    "starlightCabal":true,  # Default: true  ## The Starlight Cabal exists

# CABAL OPTIONS #
    "cabalFleetFactor":1.0, # Default: 1.0  ## Affects fleet count
}

is this what i need to change to turn off cabals ?

all i need to do is replace True with False right ?

seems about right, I turned them off too. why don't you give it a go?

Meelock

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 04, 2022, 06:00:48 AM »

I just wish the cabal would stop emergancy burning to me, like, I'm not hostile to you, why don't you just pester other people who you are hostile to. They're like more annoying versions of pirates and I hate it. I am friendly with pirates, but cabal are being such an ass that I kind of want to decivilize all the worlds they have markets on.

machobubba

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: June 16, 2022, 04:35:16 PM »

How do you do the infernal machine custom start? I have Nexerelin but I am not seeing it as a custom start option. There is something I missing I guess I just can't seem to find it :/. Even checking the custom start under pirates faction, can't seem to find it.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 29