Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 29

Author Topic: [0.97a] Underworld 1.8.3  (Read 652997 times)

Grizzlyadamz

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Underworld 1.7.1
« Reply #345 on: January 07, 2022, 10:30:25 AM »

- Slightly buffed TIM's minefield upgrade, also made it less likely to mine yourself
Ooh, what'd ya do? Did you make them spawn closer??

Stalkar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: January 08, 2022, 11:23:46 AM »

Just popping up to say that idea of pirates actually demanding something from you rather then permanently trying to kill you is something i wanned for long,new ships are interesting,specifically SC as HT alternative to pirates,havent piloted them for much but definetely fought against them many many times
is that intended that SC like nearly permanently rally around your system hyperspace with one fleet when hostile?seeing those with 2-3 S-mods on all hulls is scary at times,specially considering they appear to be TT at first and have quite heavy fleets

will probably edit this when i get to ride those myself,specifically looking at palace,succubus and the wagon
some insight on how to get palace and wagon would be appreciated as i havent seen it outside of this page and files

finally rolled through some of the VS bounties and fought palace.....buuut it doesnt seem like repairing it was possible,so i suppose its still intended to not be piloted by player? i will go check out prism free port once in a while just in case buuut have my doubts now
« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 04:03:42 AM by Stalkar »

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #347 on: January 08, 2022, 04:06:32 PM »

Just popping up to say that idea of pirates actually demanding something from you rather then permanently trying to kill you is something i wanned for long,new ships are interesting,specifically SC as HT alternative to pirates,havent piloted them for much but definetely fought against them many many times
is that intended that SC like nearly permanently rally around your system hyperspace with one fleet when hostile?seeing those with 2-3 S-mods on all hulls is scary at times,specially considering they appear to be TT at first and have quite heavy fleets

will probably edit this when i get to ride those myself,specifically looking at palace,succubus and the wagon
some insight on how to get 1 and 3 would be appreciated as i havent seen them outside of this page and files

Yes, it's intentional.  They prey on you once you've got some reasonable market size, since you'll likely have good stuff to take.  To flush them out, get an upgraded Military Base so that you have patrols in hyperspace.

Maximecks

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: January 27, 2022, 08:19:38 PM »

I'm running a few mods including Underworld but not Nexerlin. Whenever I fight cabal ships with s-mods, when I recover them they all just have a bunch of d-mods and no s-mods. Am I missing something?Is there a way to turn this off? Thanks.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #349 on: January 28, 2022, 12:09:37 AM »

I'm running a few mods including Underworld but not Nexerlin. Whenever I fight cabal ships with s-mods, when I recover them they all just have a bunch of d-mods and no s-mods. Am I missing something?Is there a way to turn this off? Thanks.

That's how the game works by default; S-mods are not retained when you capture enemy ships.

Zr0Potential

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: January 28, 2022, 03:04:27 AM »

That's how the game works by default; S-mods are not retained when you capture enemy ships.

I don't think so because I used to hunt for Strike Groups to get ships with built in ITU & Heavy Armor, if it's not from vanilla then it might be from Nexrelin ig?

Maximecks

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 28, 2022, 05:23:19 AM »

I don't think so because I used to hunt for Strike Groups to get ships with built in ITU & Heavy Armor, if it's not from vanilla then it might be from Nexrelin ig?

Ok, so then does Nexerlin by default let you keep them? I read the patch notes for Underworld, that it specifically called out removing them for Nexerlin so I assumed it was a balance thing. I guess I also assumed that it therefore keep them by default. Thanks.

JustThatGoo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: January 28, 2022, 07:41:28 PM »

You sure you guys aren't confusing this with special Bounty ships and unique Mod-ships from bounties? Ship/weapon pack and Vayra's Sector bounty boards both add this possibility IIRC

Edit: Speaking of IBB...That one bounty fleet from this mod that appears at I think lvl 30....Holy crap, is there any other challenge in ANY mod greater than this?? I threw everything at it and ended up having to come back 40 hours later with a max fleet size of 800 and so many other bounty unique ships and still lost 3x
« Last Edit: January 28, 2022, 09:19:39 PM by JustThatGoo »

Obsidian Actual

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 02, 2022, 12:20:15 PM »

Greetings DR,

I'm running the latest Underworld 1.7.1, and shortly after accepting an IBB bounty for...
Spoiler
the smiling AI core guy (uw_in_this_moment_i_am_euphoric.png)
[close]
...I saved my session, which irreparably corrupted the save file.

Spoiler
Code
---- Debugging information ----
cause-exception     : java.lang.SecurityException
cause-message       : File access and reflection are not allowed to scripts. (java.lang.reflect.InvocationHandler)
class               : com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.DynamicProxyMapper$DynamicProxy
required-type       : com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.DynamicProxyMapper$DynamicProxy
converter-type      : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.extended.DynamicProxyConverter
line number         : 1146951
class[1]            : com.fs.starfarer.ui.OoO0
converter-type[1]   : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.ReflectionConverter
class[2]            : java.util.ArrayList
converter-type[2]   : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter
class[3]            : com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.thissuper
class[4]            : com.fs.starfarer.ui.thisnew
class[5]            : com.fs.starfarer.ui.for
class[6]            : com.fs.starfarer.coreui.OOO0
class[7]            : com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.OO0O
class[8]            : com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.a
class[9]            : com.fs.starfarer.ui.v
class[10]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState
class[11]           : com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.o0Oo
class[12]           : com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl
class[13]           : com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.missions.BarCMD
class[14]           : java.util.LinkedHashMap
converter-type[3]   : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.MapConverter
class[15]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.Memory
class[16]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CustomCampaignEntity
class[17]           : com.fs.util.container.repo.ObjectRepository
class[18]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.StarSystem
class[19]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.StarSystem$UpdateFromHyperspaceLocation
class[20]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation$LocationToken
class[21]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.Hyperspace
class[22]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine
converter-type[4]   : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.oooO
version             : not available
-------------------------------
[close]

At least that's the last meaningful thing I did that save that might have corrupted it, I think.
(Well, I did engage the Helmut IBB before that and salvaged a lot of his ships, including the Royco... but that would be from the Interstellar Imperium mod...)

Haven't the first clue about anything, but any chance it could be related to this issue that Vayra had back in 2018?

EDIT: Yeah, that log doesn't seem very helpful in hindsight. I'm gonna devmode and make new save copies whenever I encounter an IBB rep at the bar, see if I can't find a new lead somehow.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2022, 05:28:32 PM by Obsidian Actual »

Obsidian Actual

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 08, 2022, 03:41:42 PM »

Greetings again DR,

I have completed a devmode test under the following conditions:

Spoiler
Activated mods:
  • Nexerelin 0.10.4b
  • LazyLib 2.7b
  • Console Commands 2021.12.25
  • MagicLib 0.42
  • GraphicsLib 1.6.1
  • Ship/Weapon Pack 1.13.0
  • Underworld 1.7.1

Non-default Nexerelin start settings:
  • Starfarer Mode: ON
  • Easy Mode: ON
  • Allow Faction Respawning: ALL FACTIONS (including those not currently present at start)

Pre-Test Setup:
  • Level up to max Level 15 via Console Commands
  • Use openmarket to scour markets for IBB representative
  • Create Master Save File to preserve IBB representative state

Test Steps:
  • Engage IBB representative, accept IBB
  • Create new Save Copy
  • Reload the new save, confirm that Loading completes without java.lang.SecurityException
  • Confirm that IBB bounty details are displaying properly under Intel tab
  • Delete Save Copy, reload Master Save
  • Repeat from Step 1, but spend story points to skip past already tested IBBs

IBBs to test:
  • Francis Butler
  • Ryx Barlow
  • Lisa Nanao
  • Ocula Gazer
  • Jaine Meredith
  • Blaize Rex
  • Mackie Corbin
  • Ned Ludd
  • Johnny Major
  • Elaine Megas
  • Clade Midnight
  • Xenno Aura
  • TTX Laplace
  • Trilby Enlightenment (the alleged culprit)
  • I'll Kill You All
  • El Psi
  • Gabriel Mosolov
[close]

And my findings:

Spoiler
All 17 IBBs were successfully F9'd without error -- including Trilby Enlightenment.

While the Interstellar Imperium mod was not activated in this test, I highly doubt the HELMUT IBB was responsible for the java.lang.SecurityException error that bricked my actual game save, as I had already completed that bounty before I met the representative to discuss Trilby Enlightenment.

(Vayra's Sector was also active in that save, however. Perhaps I had accepted a few HVBs from that mod as well...?)
[close]

Conclusion:
IBB bounties, when tested alone, are not responsible for the java.lang.SecurityException savefile corruption incident.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #355 on: February 08, 2022, 09:52:05 PM »

Greetings again DR,

I have completed a devmode test under the following conditions:

Spoiler
Activated mods:
  • Nexerelin 0.10.4b
  • LazyLib 2.7b
  • Console Commands 2021.12.25
  • MagicLib 0.42
  • GraphicsLib 1.6.1
  • Ship/Weapon Pack 1.13.0
  • Underworld 1.7.1

Non-default Nexerelin start settings:
  • Starfarer Mode: ON
  • Easy Mode: ON
  • Allow Faction Respawning: ALL FACTIONS (including those not currently present at start)

Pre-Test Setup:
  • Level up to max Level 15 via Console Commands
  • Use openmarket to scour markets for IBB representative
  • Create Master Save File to preserve IBB representative state

Test Steps:
  • Engage IBB representative, accept IBB
  • Create new Save Copy
  • Reload the new save, confirm that Loading completes without java.lang.SecurityException
  • Confirm that IBB bounty details are displaying properly under Intel tab
  • Delete Save Copy, reload Master Save
  • Repeat from Step 1, but spend story points to skip past already tested IBBs

IBBs to test:
  • Francis Butler
  • Ryx Barlow
  • Lisa Nanao
  • Ocula Gazer
  • Jaine Meredith
  • Blaize Rex
  • Mackie Corbin
  • Ned Ludd
  • Johnny Major
  • Elaine Megas
  • Clade Midnight
  • Xenno Aura
  • TTX Laplace
  • Trilby Enlightenment (the alleged culprit)
  • I'll Kill You All
  • El Psi
  • Gabriel Mosolov
[close]

And my findings:

Spoiler
All 17 IBBs were successfully F9'd without error -- including Trilby Enlightenment.

While the Interstellar Imperium mod was not activated in this test, I highly doubt the HELMUT IBB was responsible for the java.lang.SecurityException error that bricked my actual game save, as I had already completed that bounty before I met the representative to discuss Trilby Enlightenment.

(Vayra's Sector was also active in that save, however. Perhaps I had accepted a few HVBs from that mod as well...?)
[close]

Conclusion:
IBB bounties, when tested alone, are not responsible for the java.lang.SecurityException savefile corruption incident.

Well done, and thank you!  It's very hard to determine what the root cause of the error is because there aren't any mod-written Java classes in the backtrace.  Very spooky...

Vundaex

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: March 07, 2022, 06:29:49 PM »

I've lost several story points and ships due to the Cabal in my game. I don't find it fun having them around so much.

Obsidian Actual

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 07, 2022, 07:17:29 PM »

I've lost several story points and ships due to the Cabal in my game. I don't find it fun having them around so much.

Fortunately, the mod provides a way to disable them from your next playthrough while keeping the rest of the Underworld content active.

Just change the following boolean within the UNDERWORLD_OPTIONS.ini config file:

Code
"starlightCabal":true,  # Default: true  ## The Starlight Cabal exists

Vundaex

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: March 07, 2022, 07:38:13 PM »

Fortunately, the mod provides a way to disable them from your next playthrough while keeping the rest of the Underworld content active.

Just change the following boolean within the UNDERWORLD_OPTIONS.ini config file:

Code

Thank you.
I created my own faction on Nexerelin and several months in, a Cabal fleet led by a Paragon attacked my only planet. It's impossible to even approach the damn thing without being blown to pieces.
In this early stage of the game, either this faction has been overturned or it is far too aggressive and omnipresent. Probably a bit of both.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #359 on: March 09, 2022, 09:41:27 AM »

Code

Thank you.
I created my own faction on Nexerelin and several months in, a Cabal fleet led by a Paragon attacked my only planet. It's impossible to even approach the damn thing without being blown to pieces.
In this early stage of the game, either this faction has been overturned or it is far too aggressive and omnipresent. Probably a bit of both.

The Cabal is designed for Starsector, not Nexerelin.  If their behavior is strange in Nex, bring it up with Histidine.  Was there a "Cabal Raid" event going on?
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 29