Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]

Author Topic: [0.8.1a] DynaSector 1.4.7  (Read 301540 times)

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] DynaSector 1.4.7
« Reply #285 on: August 17, 2019, 08:35:13 PM »

Dynasector is not updated for the latest version of Starsector.
To add on to this:
The number in brackets in the title, in the case the [0.8.1a], indicates the the version of the game that the mod is updated for.
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #286 on: August 17, 2019, 08:41:50 PM »

Before you say it: I'm not sure what you claim to have seen here with DynaSector supposedly running in 0.9.1, but there's no way you actually got it running. It's more likely that the mod just wasn't enabled or such.
(Try it now with a clean "only DS and required libraries" modlist)

Semondice

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 17, 2019, 09:47:28 PM »

Not working, and i saw the version in the descripion when i downloaded; still, the mod was cheked in the mod section. I'm sorry, not saying you're a liar or anything, just saw it.
Anyway, not a problem, just gonna wait for the update (when it will come out, heard is a rpretty hardcore work of art of a mod)... OR try an older build to see what's about.
Thanks again!
//"Work in Progress"//

Argonautis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 19, 2022, 01:41:46 AM »

Hey everyone, not sure if anyone is still working on this mod. I started a new playthrough a few weeks back with quite a few mods activated and realized that some of them say that they can be enchased by this mod. Are there plans of it updating or did it got integrated into another mod and I missed that?

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 19, 2022, 03:45:15 AM »

You missed over 4 years of inactivity of this mod and 2 years in the thread, and over 4 years of base game development (since 0.8.1a).

As far as I can tell, this mod would add nothing on top of the current base game. Mods now add their content to faction known lists, which causes them to show in respective submarkets, be used in bounties, and so on.

Just use Nexerelin in 2022.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 03:51:22 AM by Jaghaimo »

Argonautis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 21, 2022, 01:22:38 AM »

Right, that's what I thought. been playing Starsector for years now but never tried any mods till my current playthrough. Thanks

YuiTheModder

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 31, 2022, 07:47:00 PM »

Some things I want to say (its 03:30 ish here at the moment so sorry if this is a bit disjointed):

This mod was from my perspective one of my fundamental game-enhancement mods. It was fairly clear, easy-ish to tell when it was doing something and made my experience really fun when I had the compatible faction mods installed.

The *feel* of DynaSector is not something I have seen/had since I stopped playing with it, even to this day. Similar features to what it had are supposedly spread through current mods that are out and I have played with, but I have yet to feel like I'm playing with DynaSector again, even with some very similar vanilla features available.

As someone who has been around a bit, this mod in particular spiced up the experience for me, and sometimes I want to go back to 0.7/0.8 to play with it, but there's just too many features lost from newer versions for me to feel like I would comparatively enjoy the old versions now.

I guess what I am trying to say is I feel there is a hole that DynaSector used to occupy in the modding niches, one that hasn't been filled since its absence. Recently people have said stuff like 'oh everything DynaSector did is being done by mods or vanilla now anyway' but honestly none of those mods (and I have tried most of the relevant ones to my experience with DynaSector) (though vanilla in my opinion has made some strides in this), seem to make the sector feel quite as alive as DynaSector did years ago.

Thank you Dark.Revenant for making this gem of a mod. I know its a fair few years later, but I hope you're proud of what you accomplished with it. :)

Morbo513

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 06, 2022, 03:22:56 AM »

Some things I want to say (its 03:30 ish here at the moment so sorry if this is a bit disjointed):

This mod was from my perspective one of my fundamental game-enhancement mods. It was fairly clear, easy-ish to tell when it was doing something and made my experience really fun when I had the compatible faction mods installed.

The *feel* of DynaSector is not something I have seen/had since I stopped playing with it, even to this day. Similar features to what it had are supposedly spread through current mods that are out and I have played with, but I have yet to feel like I'm playing with DynaSector again, even with some very similar vanilla features available.

As someone who has been around a bit, this mod in particular spiced up the experience for me, and sometimes I want to go back to 0.7/0.8 to play with it, but there's just too many features lost from newer versions for me to feel like I would comparatively enjoy the old versions now.

I guess what I am trying to say is I feel there is a hole that DynaSector used to occupy in the modding niches, one that hasn't been filled since its absence. Recently people have said stuff like 'oh everything DynaSector did is being done by mods or vanilla now anyway' but honestly none of those mods (and I have tried most of the relevant ones to my experience with DynaSector) (though vanilla in my opinion has made some strides in this), seem to make the sector feel quite as alive as DynaSector did years ago.

Thank you Dark.Revenant for making this gem of a mod. I know its a fair few years later, but I hope you're proud of what you accomplished with it. :)

I agree overall. The thing I miss most is the diversity of NPC loadouts - currently they're all more or less homogenous with their own faction. The player's allowed to take what they want from wherever, but not NPCs for some reason. This sorta makes sense for the more doctrinally strict factions (and not so much for the likes of pirates and independents) - but even then, it'd be nice to see a few non-faction weapons amongst enemy fleets every now and then.

It'd be nice to see ships and weapons sold in open/black-markets, that don't originate from the faction operating it - giving the impression that other fleets are out there selling their loot, and giving the player a little more access to equipment they wouldn't otherwise be able to due to commission locks.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]