Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: [0.97a] Audio Plus 1.2.1  (Read 249755 times)

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Audio Plus 1.1.3
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2021, 04:31:13 PM »

i can never play starsector, vanilla or no, without this mod bc it has the most important part of the game; stellar_rust.ogg
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Wapno

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Audio Plus 1.1.2
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2021, 02:01:10 PM »

Another mod you're using is probably overwriting those weapons.

Nope, I checked your mod files; you forgot to add mjolnir.wpn and shredder.wpn (as well as mauler.wpn) to reassign the sound effects.

All three of those specific cases were reverted back to vanilla because the vanilla sounds were improved at some point.  I kept the sounds in Audio Plus in case some mod wanted to use them.

I still believe the modded sounds are way better than vanilla.

I tried adding them in but... weird stuff happens. I've ripped the vanilla .wpn files and placed them in the appropriate audio plus directory. I've then edited those .wpn files to replace the sound references with those from the mod.

What happens is that, this works and replaces the sound, but now all of a sudden Mjolnir thinks it's got 4 barrels instead of two. While firing, it splits its two barrels down the middle and alternates animating the recoil of the half-pieces.

Same thing happens with Heavy Mauler, with it splitting its single barrel into two and alternating the two halves while firing.

I'm seriously baffled. I'm working with vanilla weapon files from the current version and I've literally didn't touch anything whatsoever except for the fire sound audio line.

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2021, 02:33:40 PM »

.....thank you for telling me the name of that file
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2021, 08:50:37 PM »

What happens is that, this works and replaces the sound, but now all of a sudden Mjolnir thinks it's got 4 barrels instead of two. While firing, it splits its two barrels down the middle and alternates animating the recoil of the half-pieces.

Same thing happens with Heavy Mauler, with it splitting its single barrel into two and alternating the two halves while firing.

I'm seriously baffled. I'm working with vanilla weapon files from the current version and I've literally didn't touch anything whatsoever except for the fire sound audio line.
It's merging the fire point offset tables.

Long story short: don't copy the full weapon files, the copies in Audio Plus should only contain the fire sound lines.

Wapno

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2021, 09:22:01 AM »

It's merging the fire point offset tables.

Long story short: don't copy the full weapon files, the copies in Audio Plus should only contain the fire sound lines.

That worked. Thank you! Weird, I was looking at the .wpn files in the previous versions of this mod - they have the full contents of the vanilla versions, with just the sound line altered - I've assumed it has to be the same, but apparently not.

wilki24

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2021, 01:31:29 AM »

Love this mod! So much so that I added more mods' music to it, so I can enjoy even more variety.

One suggestion: the market music that plays when you're docked and messing around with ship loadouts, etc, gets quite old after awhile, since there are only two variations of the same track.

So, what I did was copy the campaign music list you made, and duplicated it for friendly and neutral markets. So much better now!

Jazuke Taizago

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2022, 08:59:05 AM »

I know this hasn't had a Reply for a while. But i wanted some help on how i add the Music/Themes onto the Player Faction? I did find a guide but i CTD whenever i attempt to write in Exigency for example, in the Player.Faction settings.

Thanks.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2022, 07:25:16 PM »

I know this hasn't had a Reply for a while. But i wanted some help on how i add the Music/Themes onto the Player Faction? I did find a guide but i CTD whenever i attempt to write in Exigency for example, in the Player.Faction settings.

Thanks.
The music entries in the .faction file need to match a properly defined faction music definition in data/config/sounds.json. Look at e.g. how hegemony.faction's tracks are defined in the vanilla sounds file. If you're still having trouble, post your file.

Jazuke Taizago

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2022, 09:33:39 AM »

There seems to be no custom/special faction themes lying around after looking and testing for a while now. Therefore, i cannot add them in and i just CTD if i dare to attempt it even. Otherwise the music and sounds generally play fine.

NaoChou

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2022, 09:58:13 AM »

The  music sounds great! Thank you for your work.

Catscrath

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2022, 10:56:59 AM »

Does this mod work with the custom battle music mod? https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=24663.0

Aidelweiss

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2022, 05:39:49 AM »

You know what would be cool ?, if the mod tells what music is playing atm. great mod tho !

itchylol

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2022, 11:42:23 AM »

Loving the mod, I would like it even more if there was an option to never have the campaign music interrupted. Right now the music changes when you go from hyperspace to a solar system (or vice versa), when you open your fleet/inventory screen, dock at a colony, interact with another fleet, etc. I like the music but hate that it gets interrupted every 20 seconds.

DimakSerpg

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2023, 06:28:29 AM »

Trinary0

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2023, 10:31:08 AM »

Fantastic mod! I love it, it adds a lot to the game to have more musical variety.

Some suggestions for later updates:

- MP3 support
- An easier way to add your own music to the mod (I can edit jsons like anyone else but...) Procedural playlist generation for anything in specific folders, maybe?
- Automatic volume balancing to sync the music to the volume level set in settings.
- Jukebox controls
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5