Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21

Author Topic: [0.97a] GraphicsLib 1.9.0  (Read 749513 times)

float

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] GraphicsLib 1.7.0
« Reply #285 on: June 01, 2023, 08:07:35 PM »

This mod is instantly destroying any missiles with a low flameoutTime. I'm not sure why a graphics library would be doing this, but it is. Tested with two different missiles; they work properly when flameoutTime is 0.5, but when flameoutTime is set to 0.2, the missiles instantly destroy themselves as soon as they are launched. This only happens when graphicslib is enabled.

Edit: it also changes missile end-of-life behavior. Normally, missiles fade out and then disappear smoothly. With graphicslib enabled, missiles don't fade out and break apart on end of life, complete with debris and a mini-explosion.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 08:13:43 PM by float »

Ruddygreat

• Admiral
  • Seals :^)
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 02, 2023, 05:28:02 AM »

This mod is instantly destroying any missiles with a low flameoutTime. I'm not sure why a graphics library would be doing this, but it is. Tested with two different missiles; they work properly when flameoutTime is 0.5, but when flameoutTime is set to 0.2, the missiles instantly destroy themselves as soon as they are launched. This only happens when graphicslib is enabled.

Edit: it also changes missile end-of-life behavior. Normally, missiles fade out and then disappear smoothly. With graphicslib enabled, missiles don't fade out and break apart on end of life, complete with debris and a mini-explosion.

yeah, this is due to the "missile self destruction" plugin listed on the OP.
you can exclude your missiles from it by adding their id to "no_self_desctruct.csv" in /data/config/glib

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 02, 2023, 05:35:16 AM »

Spoiler

[close]

you can exclude your missiles from it by adding their id to "no_self_desctruct.csv" in /data/config/glib
Thanks, Ruddygreat!
I hadn't noticed it but I was suffering that same bug!

float

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 02, 2023, 07:05:56 AM »

Ah, thanks for the info. (Can't find any info on this missile self-destruct feature or why it's intended for low flameoutTime missiles to self-destruct.)

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #289 on: June 02, 2023, 06:51:42 PM »

I'd like to exclude ships with a certain hullmod from graphicslib extra ship damage and destruction effects like smoke, burning wreckage and such, though burning wreckage can stay if it's possible for the smoke to be recoloured for these specific ships.
I'm also not a coder so a more in-depth answer (perhaps with code I can just add to my hullmod?) would be much appreciated.
Thanks a lot in advance

Code
    /**
     * Suppresses (or stops suppressing) all future effects created by this plugin for a particular ShipAPI object.
     * Suppression is not (believed to be) inherited by any children of the ShipAPI object (such as split chunks).
     * For example, to prevent a white flash from splitting a ship into a dozen pieces but otherwise allow explosion
     * effects, call splitShip() as many times as necessary, suppressing effects for each individual piece for 1 frame.
     * @param ship Ship to suppress effects for.
     * @param suppress Whether to enable or disable suppression.
     * @param oneFrame Suppress effects for only one frame, rather than permanently.
     */
    public static void suppressEffects(ShipAPI ship, boolean suppress, boolean oneFrame)

As for the missile self destruct thing: basically what the plugin does is make them explode instead of fading out.  It's specifically checking for .isFading().

Someone432

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 23, 2023, 11:07:27 PM »

I need to download version 1.6.1 but I canĀ“t seem to find it. Could anyone help me?

war3scv

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 27, 2023, 06:46:14 AM »

it doesn't seem to work for rc10. no crashs but nothing happened, still got vanilla eyes blinding kaboom

war3scv

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 27, 2023, 12:30:19 PM »

it doesn't seem to work for rc10. no crashs but nothing happened, still got vanilla eyes blinding kaboom
never mind there are vanilla setting that does this now.

captinjoehenry

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 27, 2023, 02:31:06 PM »

As a heads up the current main download link for this mod downloads version 1.7.0 which crashes the game even if you install all of the posted hotfixes / patches in the discord server.  As it seems the main download link for 1.7.0 is missing a lot of material shader that are in the base game.  Requiring me to  google search to find version 1.6.1 in order to get a complete set of base game ship shaders. 

In short just downloading the main link for 1.7.0 will crash the game on start up as 1.7.0 seems to just be a patch and not a full version.  Which means the user needs to install 1.6.1 in order for the game to not crash during launch.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 27, 2023, 03:00:07 PM »

As a heads up the current main download link for this mod downloads version 1.7.0 which crashes the game even if you install all of the posted hotfixes / patches in the discord server.  As it seems the main download link for 1.7.0 is missing a lot of material shader that are in the base game.  Requiring me to  google search to find version 1.6.1 in order to get a complete set of base game ship shaders. 

In short just downloading the main link for 1.7.0 will crash the game on start up as 1.7.0 seems to just be a patch and not a full version.  Which means the user needs to install 1.6.1 in order for the game to not crash during launch.
I can verify that 1.7.0 works for me without any sort of crash, and without having to install anything from any older version. I don't know what you're doing wrong; maybe you got a corrupted download somehow?

For reference, I'm seeing GraphicsLib_1.7.0.7z as being 45.9 MB, with an sha256sum of 4a26a48b0875889636de8b2aa3dce2273a0f79a146dae4e0ddd0962431751778 - does that match what you've got?
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

captinjoehenry

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 03, 2023, 11:50:32 AM »

I can verify that 1.7.0 works for me without any sort of crash, and without having to install anything from any older version. I don't know what you're doing wrong; maybe you got a corrupted download somehow?

For reference, I'm seeing GraphicsLib_1.7.0.7z as being 45.9 MB, with an sha256sum of 4a26a48b0875889636de8b2aa3dce2273a0f79a146dae4e0ddd0962431751778 - does that match what you've got?

I'm not sure how to find the sha256sum but the file size is 44.868 MB and I tried downloading it 3 different times on 6/27/2023 and all of them are the same.  To be exact the missing files are several material files.  Including atlas_af_material.png and aurora_ca_material.png both located in: graphics\shaders\materials\ships there might be other missing files as well as after trying to fix the missing atlas file I got the error about the aurora file and then started doing some research until I found I needed to get 1.6.1 in order to get the various missing files.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 03, 2023, 12:38:17 PM »

So the file size "mis-match" is just a matter of your OS using a different definition of "megabyte". To be more precise, then, the file is 45,944,230 bytes. For a definition of 'megabyte' as 1,000,000 bytes, that's the 45.9MB I was seeing, and at a definition of 1,024,000 bytes per megabyte, it's 44.867 (with, presumably, some rounding error somewhere making that last digit not quite match).

As for the supposedly-missing files: those files, in fact, should not be there.

Delete your GraphicsLib mod folder, then re-extract a clean copy. If you still have issues with these supposedly-missing files, it's not GraphicsLib that's at fault, it's some other mod that's incorrectly referencing out-of-date file locations.

(Now, if you're running Starsector 0.96 with mods from 0.95 that haven't been properly updated, then maybe the merging you've done is the only way to get them to run. But if you're doing that, well, be aware that there may very well be other lurking gotchas from running out of date mods, and that you should test turning them off before attributing errors to mods that actually are up to date.)
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Gorefield

• Ensign
  • *rlowrolwrrrllooorrr*
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 08, 2023, 11:56:04 AM »

hi, i wanted to say your mod didn't worked until i deleted the "preset" file, don't know if i'm the only one with this issue or if that's a bug so i prefer to tell you rather than letting a possible bug running in the wild.

TheLord999

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 11, 2023, 12:00:25 AM »

I deleted the preset but the mod still doesn't work for me (no crash, just the game not using it)

DestinyPlayer

• Ensign
  • A passing by person
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 11, 2023, 07:45:50 AM »

This question probably popped up somewhere else already at some point, but after asking around I hadn't been able to get a clear answer. Or any answer at all, to be entirely honest.

Are there any docs for GraphicsLib out there? Or is the only option to dig through the comments in the code itself and try to reverse engineer other mods?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21