Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21

Author Topic: [0.97a] GraphicsLib 1.9.0  (Read 759140 times)

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
Re: [0.95a] GraphicsLib 1.5.1
« Reply #180 on: September 23, 2021, 12:13:51 PM »

The "antialiasing" used by Starsector is actually used as a form of supersampling.  If you run at 100%, 200%, or 300% screen scaling, "antialiasing" doesn't do anything.  If you have to run at some other screen scaling value, then you definitely need "antialiasing" as high as possible, or everything will be a blurfest.  This mostly affects people with 1440p displays, though personally on my 1440p display I just run in a 1080p window at 100% scaling.

In general, if you can't read the text at 100% scaling and don't have a 4K monitor, then you should just disable shaders and use 16x MSAA instead; it'll be a better experience.

As for why this restriction exists: it's complicated, but the short version is it's unavoidable.  GraphicsLib's shaders and MSAA cannot exist at the same time.

renegade_sock

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 03, 2021, 07:56:22 PM »

Ah ok, thanks for the explanation!

mkire

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 08, 2021, 08:08:58 PM »

i have a mod that claims it needs 1.5.2, graphics lib, is there a beta update to graphics lib?

Mikomikomiko

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Kitbash album. Not a modder, just a bote maker :P
« Reply #183 on: December 08, 2021, 11:23:17 PM »

i have a mod that claims it needs 1.5.2, graphics lib, is there a beta update to graphics lib?

Which mod is this?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #184 on: December 09, 2021, 04:35:06 PM »

SWP tournament release version, IIRC

You can just disregard the version warning, it'll run fine.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
[0.95.1a] GraphicsLib 1.6.0
« Reply #185 on: December 12, 2021, 11:11:42 PM »

Nothing special in this update; just some minor behind-the-scenes stuff and all the maps for the updated/new sprites with the new version of the game.

Download GraphicsLib 1.6.0
Also known as ShaderLib.
Download Mirror
(Requires LazyLib 2.7b) (Updated!)

Edit GRAPHICS_OPTIONS.ini to enable or disable GraphicsLib features!

We also recommend Version Checker to notify you when an update is ready.

Warning: Make sure Starsector is GPU-Accelerated!
Mobile or integrated chipsets are known to have serious graphical artifacts!

Warning: Antialiasing is mostly not supported when using shaders!

Having problems?  Visit the Mod Troubleshooting Guide!

Change Log
Version 1.6.0:
- Updated for Starsector 0.95.1a

ApolloStarsector

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] GraphicsLib 1.6.0
« Reply #186 on: December 13, 2021, 04:45:33 PM »

Don't sell yourself short, this is awesome! Thank you for updating.

marvin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 15, 2021, 03:05:42 PM »

unfortunately im constantly crashing with the graphics lib :( i can replicate it, and it happens always when ship is blown up.

ive had also a crash in the market, but im not sure if its this mod related, the above one is for sure. i finally managed to pinpoint the mod that was having issues, so my log is clean, but if needed i can paste it

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #188 on: December 16, 2021, 01:10:57 PM »

unfortunately im constantly crashing with the graphics lib :( i can replicate it, and it happens always when ship is blown up.

ive had also a crash in the market, but im not sure if its this mod related, the above one is for sure. i finally managed to pinpoint the mod that was having issues, so my log is clean, but if needed i can paste it

You need to update Starsector to 0.95.1a.

IsThisOriginal

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 16, 2021, 10:26:33 PM »

I'd like to to use some mods that haven't been updated yet, do you have a file of the older version to work with 0.95a-RC15? I tried to look for a version on nexus, but could only find magic and lazy lib's versions.

Thanks in advance!

MercerWing

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 17, 2021, 01:43:35 AM »

I'd like to to use some mods that haven't been updated yet, do you have a file of the older version to work with 0.95a-RC15? I tried to look for a version on nexus, but could only find magic and lazy lib's versions.

Thanks in advance!

Same problem here, currently trying to find a way to disable graphic libs explosions but no luck so far. Older mod versions would be appreciated.

Edit: Welp managed to fix nothing
Edit2: Nvm previous versions are couple pages back i am dum dum
« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 04:13:55 AM by MercerWing »

ApolloStarsector

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 28, 2021, 09:56:00 AM »

Strange loss in performance with latest starsector hotfix, latest graphics lib, and latest speedup mod. Also using nexerelin and several faction mods, including interstellar imperium.

Very high spec computer now showing 0% idle in combat (even when paused), and even with shaders toggled off using the pause button, (and speedup not enabled).

This issue was not present in the previous starsector hotfix, or the one before that. I admit I'm not sure where to post this, but I'm open to being redirected! Thank you.

Normally sits at 144 fps but I see it dipping down to 100, even on battles with roughly 4 cruisers and 4 destoyers vs the same.

I've also made a similar post in the bug report section. Will update once I test without graphicslib and speedup, etc.

Edit: Unable to test without graphicslib on this save, as interstellar imperium requires it.

Edit2: Tested without mods on vanilla, idle is now 95%+ while paused in combat, so it must be due to one of the many mods I have on. Time to test them one by one...
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 09:32:33 AM by ApolloStarsector »

ApolloStarsector

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 29, 2021, 09:42:13 AM »

Ok, I can definitively say that it is GraphicsLib that is dropping my idle from 95% to 0% while paused in combat (with, for example, 200 DP on the battlefield). I tested it on vanilla (no issue), with just GraphicsLib, LazyLib, and MagicLib (issue present), and then with just LazyLib and MagicLib (no issue).

This is reproducable for me by making new game on vanilla, going to the station, and running a simulation battle. Anyways, I provide this info without any demand for action. I recognize that it's just charity on the modmakers part. Let me know if more info would be beneficial, if you want!

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #193 on: December 29, 2021, 08:03:58 PM »

Ok, I can definitively say that it is GraphicsLib that is dropping my idle from 95% to 0% while paused in combat (with, for example, 200 DP on the battlefield). I tested it on vanilla (no issue), with just GraphicsLib, LazyLib, and MagicLib (issue present), and then with just LazyLib and MagicLib (no issue).

This is reproducable for me by making new game on vanilla, going to the station, and running a simulation battle. Anyways, I provide this info without any demand for action. I recognize that it's just charity on the modmakers part. Let me know if more info would be beneficial, if you want!

"very high spec" doesn't really say anything; I need the actual GPU model name.

Ignoring the "idle" figure, what is the actual frame rate drop?  Have you tried with vsync enabled and disabled?

Also, does anything change if you replace the graphicslib settings file with the "default" or "craptop" presets?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 08:19:12 PM by Dark.Revenant »

ApolloStarsector

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 30, 2021, 06:41:51 AM »

"very high spec" doesn't really say anything; I need the actual GPU model name.

Ignoring the "idle" figure, what is the actual frame rate drop?  Have you tried with vsync enabled and disabled?

Also, does anything change if you replace the graphicslib settings file with the "default" or "craptop" presets?

Apologies, I realize that was somewhat useless. GPU: Nividia 3080 TI. Issue persists on craptop default ini. On a 400 DP (200 vs 200) battle I can see frame drops to 90 with a slightly supra-vanilla zoom ("maxCombatZoom":3.5).

Also of note: toggling shaders off does not help the issue of 0% idle.

Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 09:03:29 AM by ApolloStarsector »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21