Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21

Author Topic: [0.97a] GraphicsLib 1.9.0  (Read 749131 times)

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
Re: [0.9.1a] GraphicsLib 1.4.4
« Reply #135 on: January 07, 2021, 12:05:59 AM »

I think I'm having a problem with the normal maps feature, in that they don't seem to apply at all.

They used to work, but as I usually take around 1 year breaks from the game (and update to latest game/mods version as I pick up again), so I'm not exactly sure when it broke. All I know it worked around a year ago, but currently doesn't.

I do have several other mods loaded, but I also tried with only lazylib, magiclib and graphicslib loaded but it didn't help. I've increased my vparams mem settings to around 6 gigabytes, my pc has 16 gigs installed. I also tried with 8 gigs vparams settings, no help. I have 8 gigs of VRAM in my gfx card (Radeon 5700), so should be enough (last year I had a vega 56 which had 6 gigs and that worked). Latest drivers and windows updates installed.

Checking the starsector.log I can see that the game finds and loads the textures, but all lighting effects look flat. Definitely not how I remember them being when normal maps worked.

Anyone have any idea what's causing this?

Note, there is a problem with weapon slot covers that causes the normal to be drawn at the wrong angle.

Still, here are some gifs:

Light source nearby to the left, default settings:

Light source far away to the left, default settings:

Light source far away to the left, -1.0 for normal "tallness":

Light source far away to the left, normal maps disabled:

Icchan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 07, 2021, 03:37:35 AM »

Yeah, all of my ships look like the last one.

Also, weapon covers? That's a thing? How do you enable them?

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #137 on: January 07, 2021, 12:04:47 PM »

Yeah, all of my ships look like the last one.

Also, weapon covers? That's a thing? How do you enable them?

Leave a slot blank, and it'll have a cover over it in battle.

Can you upload your GRAPHICS_OPTIONS.ini (Starsector/mods/GraphicsLib/GRAPHICS_OPTIONS.ini)?  Normal maps aren't really the sort of thing that can just "not work".  If the shader fails, generally that means you see nothing (black screen) or get corruption.

Also, please delete starsector.log (Starsector/starsector-core/starsector.log), then start the game, close out from the game, and then grab the new starsector.log and upload here (zip it up if it's too big).

Icchan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 07, 2021, 02:37:35 PM »

Uploaded my graphics_options.ini (renamed to .txt because of forum attachment restrictions).

Can't upload log as it's too big even when zipped (400KB), but I did find this right at the end of the log, seems relevant:
69457 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [GRAPHICS_OPTIONS.ini]
69462 [Thread-4] ERROR org.dark.shaders.util.ShaderLib  - Error creating shader: Fragment shader failed to compile with the following errors:
ERROR: 0:23: error(#223) Vector component fields not from the same set: za
ERROR: 0:37: error(#223) Vector component fields not from the same set: za
ERROR: error(#273) 2 compilation errors.  No code generated

69462 [Thread-4] ERROR org.dark.shaders.light.LightShader  - Normal transform shader compile error!  Normals disabled!

EDIT: I downloaded version 1.4.0 of GraphicsLib and ran Starsector with it, no errors and normal maps work. Gonna keep testing with later versions.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 03:05:44 PM by Icchan »

Icchan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 07, 2021, 03:18:29 PM »

So I ran with some older versions of graphicslib and versions up to 1.4.2 work fine, from 1.4.3 onwards I get that error in the log and normal maps don't work in the game.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #140 on: January 08, 2021, 08:03:38 PM »

So I ran with some older versions of graphicslib and versions up to 1.4.2 work fine, from 1.4.3 onwards I get that error in the log and normal maps don't work in the game.

Go to data/shaders/lights/2dtangent.frag and replace data.za with data.zw

Icchan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 09, 2021, 03:40:50 AM »

Yep. That fixed it.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #142 on: January 09, 2021, 01:17:07 PM »

Yep. That fixed it.

Cool!  I'll work this into the next update.  Thanks!

Icchan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 09, 2021, 01:23:10 PM »

NP and thank you, this mod is awesome.

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 05, 2021, 01:34:07 AM »

I'm trying to download the mod but both the main link and mirror seem to not work properly. Firefox just tells me it's unable to connect.

Oddly enough Chrome says the same thing about the main link, but the mirror works.

so I guess not really a problem, more of a heads up to anyone else, try a different browser.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
- Maurice Switzer

Drew Dubious

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 09, 2021, 06:11:23 AM »

Hello all, recently started trying out mods and I am a bit confused to not see GraphicsLib in the Enable Mods menu when I start up the game. Ive got it in my mods folder but im not sure it's working correctly. I am having a few issues but im not sure they are coming from this or not. Any help is appreciated and TY in advance.

Seems I fixed it with more digging. I did not have the proper program to unzip this type of file. Thanks for all the time and effort on the mods!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 08:08:57 AM by Drew Dubious »

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
[0.9.1a] GraphicsLib 1.4.5
« Reply #146 on: March 10, 2021, 12:07:18 AM »

Important fix for recent Radeon drivers, and a fix for a long-standing normal map issue.

Download GraphicsLib 1.4.5
Also known as ShaderLib.
Download Mirror
(Requires LazyLib 2.5c) (Updated!)

Edit GRAPHICS_OPTIONS.ini to enable or disable GraphicsLib features!

We also recommend Version Checker to notify you when an update is ready.

Warning: Make sure Starsector is GPU-Accelerated!
Mobile or integrated chipsets are known to have serious graphical artifacts!

Having problems?  Visit the Mod Troubleshooting Guide!

Change Log
Version 1.4.5:
- Slot cover normal map fix
- Fixed compile error with one of the normal map shaders on certain Radeon drivers

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
[0.95a] GraphicsLib 1.5.0
« Reply #147 on: March 29, 2021, 02:35:06 AM »

Ship explosions no longer create anamorphic flares.  Oh, also, antialiasing doesn't work with shaders.  Aside from that, this update went well!

Download GraphicsLib 1.5.0
Also known as ShaderLib.
Download Mirror
(Requires LazyLib 2.6) (Updated!)

Edit GRAPHICS_OPTIONS.ini to enable or disable GraphicsLib features!

We also recommend Version Checker to notify you when an update is ready.

Warning: Make sure Starsector is GPU-Accelerated!
Mobile or integrated chipsets are known to have serious graphical artifacts!

Warning: Antialiasing is not supported when using shaders!

Having problems?  Visit the Mod Troubleshooting Guide!

Change Log
Version 1.5.0:
- Updated for Starsector 0.95a
- Now works with screen scaling
  * Mod-added custom shaders will almost certainly need modification to work with screen scaling
- DOES NOT WORK with antialiasing
  * GraphicsLib will crash out with a message asking you to either disable shaders OR disable antialiasing
  * This is not a temporary measure; going forward, GraphicsLib and antialiasing don't mix
  * 4K monitor users should use 200% screen scaling (antialiasing off)
    - 5K users should use 200% scaling and 4K resolution, fullscreen-upscaled to native monitor resolution (You won't lose that much quality)
  * 1080p monitor users should use 100% screen scaling (antialiasing off)
  * 1440p monitor users potentially have a tough choice
    - 100% scaling will work if the monitor is large enough (or if you have glasses)
    - Upscaling 1080p to fullscreen native resolution might look passable (depending on your monitor and video driver) but you'll definitely lose some quality
    - Otherwise, consider disabling shaders if you can't read the text
    - I personally use a 1440p monitor and can play fine at 100% scaling, but your mileage may vary
- Added shader maps for new vanilla content
- Added lights definitions for new vanilla content
- Ship explosions no longer create cinematic anamorphic flares

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] GraphicsLib 1.5.0
« Reply #148 on: March 29, 2021, 03:05:25 AM »

With the newest Graphicslib activated I receive the following crash at startup:

55581 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [data/lights/config/modFiles/TADA_light_data.csv] resource, not found in [D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Lightshow,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\SS-armaa-1.4.3b,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Autosave,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Better Colonies,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\CaptureCrew,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Caymon's Ship Pack,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Combat Chatter,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Commissioned Crews,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\DIABLEAVIONICS,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Hegemony Expeditionary Auxiliary,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\HTE,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Kadur Remnant,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\LazyLib,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Leading Pip,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\MagicLib,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\OldHyperion,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\ORA,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Persean-Chronicles-2.0.1,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\tahlan-scalartech,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\SCY,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\SEEKER_UC,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\SpeedUp,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Supply Forging,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\tahlan,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Exalted,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\FED,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Torchships,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Transfer All Items,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\UnknownSkies,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\UpgradedRotaryWeapons,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Vayra's Ship Pack,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\XhanEmpire,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Audio Plus,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\prv Starworks,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\GraphicsLib,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [data/lights/config/modFiles/TADA_light_data.csv] resource, not found in [D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Lightshow,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\SS-armaa-1.4.3b,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Autosave,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Better Colonies,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\CaptureCrew,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Caymon's Ship Pack,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Combat Chatter,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Commissioned Crews,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\DIABLEAVIONICS,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Hegemony Expeditionary Auxiliary,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\HTE,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Kadur Remnant,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\LazyLib,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Leading Pip,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\MagicLib,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\OldHyperion,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\ORA,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Persean-Chronicles-2.0.1,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\tahlan-scalartech,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\SCY,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\SEEKER_UC,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\SpeedUp,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Supply Forging,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\tahlan,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Exalted,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\FED,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Torchships,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Transfer All Items,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\UnknownSkies,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\UpgradedRotaryWeapons,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Vayra's Ship Pack,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\XhanEmpire,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Audio Plus,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\prv Starworks,D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\GraphicsLib,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]
   at com.fs.util.C.Ó00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.util.C.String(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils.return(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings$1.loadCSV(Unknown Source)
   at org.dark.shaders.light.LightData.readLightDataCSV(LightData.java:54)
   at data.scripts.TADA_modPlugin.onApplicationLoad(TADA_modPlugin.java:69)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Looks like maybe a conflict with Lightshow or Tartiflette's Torchships And Deadly Armaments but there's so much to unpack there. Not sure if it matters but I have a RTX2060 Super with the latest Geforce drivers.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
Re: [0.95a] GraphicsLib 1.5.0
« Reply #149 on: March 29, 2021, 03:26:31 AM »

That’s most likely a problem in TADA.  There is a similar problem in Practice Targets.  I’ll inform Tartiflette.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21