Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21

Author Topic: [0.97a] GraphicsLib 1.9.0  (Read 749197 times)

KronaSamu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Vanilla explosion
« Reply #90 on: September 12, 2019, 06:51:23 PM »

How do you re-enable the explosion whiteout effect?

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Vanilla explosion
« Reply #91 on: September 12, 2019, 07:05:37 PM »

How do you re-enable the explosion whiteout effect?
In \mods\GraphicsLib\data\config\settings.json:

Change "enableShipExplosionWhiteout":false, to "enableShipExplosionWhiteout":true,

Tort

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] GraphicsLib 1.4.1
« Reply #92 on: September 18, 2019, 02:43:16 PM »

Hi, i'm having troubles installing this mod
It seems like I can't extract the files from the .7z file even though I could do so with a ton of other mods.

The virtual player keeps ejecting the iso from it when it comes to the files into the "shaders" folder, and I don't know why. This is really annoying since most of the mods require this one to run properly. Could you add a .rar file to dl ? It may work properly this way.

Thanks for the help and have a nice day !

« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 02:54:38 PM by Tort »

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #93 on: September 19, 2019, 12:31:58 AM »

Virtual player?!  What on Earth are you using to expand the .7z file?

Tort

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 19, 2019, 02:18:11 AM »

I'm using Daemon Tools, so opening the file automatically creates a virtual thingie, I don't really know how to call that in English
Is there a better software to extract the files ?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 02:20:46 AM by Tort »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #95 on: September 19, 2019, 04:19:05 AM »

7zip and WinRAR will both do it.

DAEMON Tools is for creating virtual CD drives (e.g. from .iso files); don't use it for something like .7z.

Tort

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 19, 2019, 07:02:25 AM »

Oooh, works fine now, thanks a lot o/

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 24, 2019, 05:17:08 AM »

How do i make a thin shockwave effect? I am trying to use the wave, but i can only make it look like my ship is being pulled into a blackhole instead
Check out my ships

Wispborne

• Captain
  • Discord: wispborne
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 13, 2020, 07:59:58 PM »

I would like to be able to use some of this, especially the DistortionShader, on the campaign map, rather than only in the combat engine. I have two main questions.

- Is that a non-starter? I've been programming in Java/Kotlin for 6-7 years, but have never worked with lower-level graphics engine stuff, nor OpenGL. From poking around DistortionShader, it seems like it only uses the CombatEngine as a way to store the list of Distortion objects. If that list were extracted out, could this (especially drawDistortion) work on the campaign layer, or am I missing something?

- Say I did fork GraphicsLib and got this working with an API and Javadocs up to standards. Would a PR be considered? I see in the license that if I did do this work, I wouldn't be allowed to include it with my own mod, as that would be distributing a derivation (to say nothing of the issues of having two different GraphicsLib jars, ha)

My goal is to be able to create some sort of cool effect for when a player uses a gate in Gates Awakened. Not feeling up to learning OpenGL for this, I turned to MagicLib and GraphicsLib, but found that they are both in-combat-only.
Mod: Persean Chronicles | Mod Manager: SMOL | Tool: VRAM Estimator | Tool: Forum+Discord Mod Database | If I'm inactive for 3 months, anyone can use any of my work for anything (except selling it or its derivatives).

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #99 on: February 13, 2020, 08:30:50 PM »

There is no rendering hook for the campaign map.  It would technically be possible to render overtop of everything (including the interface) and grab the screen buffer as a shader input, but it wouldn't be particularly good-looking.

If you plan on it, you'll essentially need to write a completely new framework, and I definitely wouldn't be able to support a pull request that warped the UI on the campaign map.

Wispborne

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 13, 2020, 08:55:22 PM »

Non-starter, then, unless I reallllly wanted to sink the time into trying the method you suggested, which I don't.
Console commands uses OpenGL to draw directly to the screen; this is the "render overtop of everything" you mentioned, I assume, and sounds like the only option.

Thanks for the quick answer!
Mod: Persean Chronicles | Mod Manager: SMOL | Tool: VRAM Estimator | Tool: Forum+Discord Mod Database | If I'm inactive for 3 months, anyone can use any of my work for anything (except selling it or its derivatives).

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #101 on: February 13, 2020, 10:12:17 PM »

You might have luck with object layers in the campaign map; I looked into it some time ago and found that you might get *partial* success that way.  Still, it's definitely something you'd need to prototype before going all-in.

Wispborne

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 14, 2020, 03:56:25 PM »

I think that Alex just said something similar.

http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=5061.msg281795#msg281795

Honestly, it's not very likely [that I'll add a render hook for the campaign (engine?)]. I'm not saying I won't ever do it, but it doesn't seem like the sort of thing I want to go messing with just now. Also: something similar may already be possible via a custom campaign entity, set to CampaignEngineLayers.TERRAIN_10 or .ABOVE. You'd effectively be able to render right under the UI since IIRC nothing uses TERRAIN_10.

Üstad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 14, 2020, 10:12:35 AM »

I see the explosion whiteout effect is set to false by default homewer before I installed this mod, I have turned it down from vanilla settings file, in this mod despite it has been set to false the effect is still eye damaging for me. What should I do exactly?

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 29, 2020, 09:19:47 PM »

Just posting this here for future reference.

Upon utilizing the splitShip() call, the ShaderLib will generate a bright flash of light that is predetermined. If called several times in something like a delayed post-death explosion script, it will create a giant hot white blob that obscures the ship. An option to bypass this would be appreciated greatly!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21