Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Fleets with disabled wings re-engage indefinitely forcing player to disengage.  (Read 1969 times)

Coriantumr

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I think this bug results from the Starsector+ mod, but I think it might be better to fix it in Starsector because Starsector doesn't seem to currently handle a non-retreating enemy fleet with craft-less wings.

I wait for two fleets to finish fighting so that I can fight a weakened fleet for easier loot. I win each engagement but the enemy fleet never retreats. Instead it re-maneuvers for another engagement until its only remaining ships are disabled wings (wings with no craft remaining). The enemy continues to maneuver for another engagement indefinitely even though it instantly loses each battle due to lack of ships. I eventually have to disengage which results in me losing all loot as well as the opportunity to take an enemy ship and restore my own disabled ships.

I'm running Starsector+ and Nexerelin along with a few faction mods. This bug seems to only take place with 'Kill-fleets' sent to hunt the player's fleet (I believe this is a Starsector+ feature). I'm guessing the relentless 'Kill-fleets' are scripted to re-engage until they run out of ships, and this is probably not a problem unless they have just finished a battle that has left them with craft-less wings.

I love this game, btw :)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Thanks for the report! A vanilla-side fix will probably ultimately happen during a fighter re-work; moving this to "modded" subforum for the time being.

I love this game, btw :)

:D