Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16

Author Topic: Mod Troubleshooting Guide (Read BEFORE posting!)  (Read 149440 times)

Tritoxid

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Mod Troubleshooting Guide (Read BEFORE posting!)
« Reply #90 on: September 19, 2021, 04:29:38 AM »

Hello I have a problem, the game crashes at the end of the loading screen at the start of the game, can't send u the full starsector.log it's too long but here's the last lignes:

27914 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/ships/shuttle.png (using cast)
27924 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/ships/afflictor/afflictor_d_pirates.png (using cast)
27946 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/ships/stations/gargoyle.png (using cast)
27956 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/ships/stations/module_large2_lowtech.png (using cast)
27959 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/ships/buffalo_dd.png (using cast)
27963 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/ships/stations/module_hightech_armour.png (using cast)
27964 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/ships/hound/hound_luddic_church.png (using cast)
28012 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/ships/stations/module_medium_pd1.png (using cast)
28025 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/ships/mercury/mercury_substandard.png (using cast)
28038 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/ships/wasp_ftr.png (using cast)
28185 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [data.scripts.DAModPlugin]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [data.scripts.DAModPlugin]
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore$3.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: data.scripts.DAModPlugin
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.findClass(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:179)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
   ... 2 more

Notice also that I have this error message when game crashes:

Fatal: Error loading [data.scripts.DAModPlugin]
Cause: data.scriptsDAModPlugin

Hope u can help :)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #91 on: September 19, 2021, 05:03:00 AM »

Do you have Diable Avionics enabled? If not, try enabling it, one of the other mods might be using it.
If DA is already enabled, it might be corrupted, try redownloading and reinstalling.

Tritoxid

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 19, 2021, 06:13:11 AM »

Had to reinstall it as magic and lazylib cause they had also errors but now it works well the game is starting

Thank you :)

bobbob

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 20, 2021, 11:06:46 AM »

Guys, I have a problem here, If I press the "Consider Military Opt."
The game Crash

Mods that I'm using
Trailer Moments
A new level of confidence
Adjustable skill threshold
Autosave
beyond the sector
captain log
combat chatter
Console commands
DIY planets
detailed combat result
Diable avionics
fluffy ship pack
furry portrait pack
Industrial evoulation
Nexerelin
oculian armada
oculian pirates
Planetary shield: access control
portrait pack
SAD
Scy Nation
Supply forge
Terraforming and station construction
transfer all items
unknown skies
unofficial new game plus
ZZ audio plus
ZZ graphic lib

Description
I moved to engage a pirates plant, there is no station around it, I destroyed the surrounding fleet, once I click consider military option, the game crash
planet type is a metallic moon.
the planet does not have any Industrial evolution building so I don't think it's the cause.
I tried attacking another colony which is a water world "Vanilla Type World", the game didn't crash
I tested that again by attacking another metallic-type planet "unknown skies world" and the game crashed.
the only mod I think that can change the military options is Nexerelin and the one that adds those planets is unknown skies, I think there is a conflict between them.
I noticed that Nexerelin added maps for ground battles in his newest update, I suspect that the problem is that Nexerelin is crashing the game once I attack a planet that was added by unknown skies.
I really want to play the game but this holds me back, as I'm already advanced in the game, and I can't remove unknown skies...
I'm trying to upload the 32Mb log to pastbin.com but the internet is so slow, going to edit once it's completed. edit. it said it was to long so here is the last lines
Spoiler
44899 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.api.util.Misc.isInsignificant(Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/campaign/CampaignFleetAPI;)Z
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.api.util.Misc.isInsignificant(Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/campaign/CampaignFleetAPI;)Z
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.salvage.Nex_MarketCMD.showDefenses(Nex_MarketCMD.java:377)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.salvage.MarketCMD.execute(MarketCMD.java:318)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.salvage.Nex_MarketCMD.execute(Nex_MarketCMD.java:140)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.A.execute(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.C.runScript(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.applyRule(FireBest.java:106)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.execute(FireBest.java:51)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.fire(FireBest.java:57)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.fireBes t(RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:177)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.optionS elected(RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:210)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.V$1.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.OoOO.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.k.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.V.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
[close]
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 12:02:20 PM by bobbob »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #94 on: September 20, 2021, 05:41:19 PM »

Update your Starsector (redownload from the buy page or the 0.95 update page). Latest is 0.95a-RC15.

bobbob

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 21, 2021, 01:50:19 AM »

Update your Starsector (redownload from the buy page or the 0.95 update page). Latest is 0.95a-RC15.

I already did that, and it worked. I didn't have internet at the time to report it back.
Thank you for your activity ^_^

anyway, I was thinking, why the game didn't crash when I attack water world but always crash when I attack other worlds?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #96 on: September 21, 2021, 07:32:25 AM »

anyway, I was thinking, why the game didn't crash when I attack water world but always crash when I attack other worlds?
The particular error occurs when it checks whether a particular fleet that wants to defend the colony against the player is "insignificant" in terms of strength. If it is, the player can raid and bombard without fighting the fleet.
So it doesn't have anything to do with the planet type, but rather depends on whether patrols or other fleets are hanging around the planet.

bobbob

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 21, 2021, 08:14:57 AM »

The particular error occurs when it checks whether a particular fleet that wants to defend the colony against the player is "insignificant" in terms of strength. If it is, the player can raid and bombard without fighting the fleet.
So it doesn't have anything to do with the planet type, but rather depends on whether patrols or other fleets are hanging around the planet.

SO that was the case...
thank you for explaining that to me, you are the best.

Thanus2202

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 16, 2021, 08:25:04 PM »

hello i have problem to donwload graphic lib it isn t coming like a zip folder but like a single folder  i m on windows

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #99 on: October 17, 2021, 01:26:44 AM »

GraphicsLib (and other mods by Dark.Revenant, also a few others) are in .7z format. Get 7-zip to open them.

Thanus2202

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 17, 2021, 02:55:28 AM »

thanks XD

Shadezen

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 27, 2021, 03:19:20 PM »

Encountered an error recently when attempting to load the game recently with Nexerelim.

17126 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore  - Class [data.hullmods.ShieldedCargoHolds] already loaded (perhaps from jar file, or due to a reference from another class), skipping compilation.
17127 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore  - Class [com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.RepairGantry] already loaded (perhaps from jar file, or due to a reference from another class), skipping compilation.
17128 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore  - Class [com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.hullmods.PhaseField] already loaded (perhaps from jar file, or due to a reference from another class), skipping compilation.
17268 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore  - Class [data.hullmods.FluxShunt] already loaded (perhaps from jar file, or due to a reference from another class), skipping compilation.
17492 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore  - Class [data.hullmods.CivGrade] already loaded (perhaps from jar file, or due to a reference from another class), skipping compilation.
17502 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/fs/starfarer/api/campaign/CustomVisualDialogDelegate
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/fs/starfarer/api/campaign/CustomVisualDialogDelegate
   at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)
   at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.super.getCommandClass(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.super.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.Rules.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.public(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.CustomVisualDialogDelegate
   at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
   at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
   ... 14 more

this is what the log file spits out at me and i completely forgot how to read an error script...game starts to load then CTD's and tell me to look at this in the log file.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #102 on: December 27, 2021, 06:49:54 PM »

Make sure you're using the right version of Nexerelin for your version of Starsector (0.10.3g with 0.95a, or 0.10.3i with 0.95.1a). And check if any other mods are for the wrong version of SS as well.

Actually I'd recommend just updating Starsector.

nubbinownz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 29, 2021, 11:49:06 AM »

Having a crash only when GraphicsLib is enabled.

I tried narrowing it down,  but this is the   error section of the logfile

https://pastebin.com/JhQf0h5q

it keeps failing while trying to look for hyperion_ff_Material.png in a bunch of locations.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #104 on: December 29, 2021, 05:13:35 PM »

I'd try a clean redownload and reinstall of GraphicsLib (1.6.0 for latest Starsector version, but if you're on an older Starsector version get an appropriate GLib version)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16