Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16

Author Topic: Mod Troubleshooting Guide (Read BEFORE posting!)  (Read 149390 times)

cardboardigan

• Ensign
  • i am the queen of the space coyotes
    • View Profile
Re: Mod Troubleshooting Guide (Read BEFORE posting!)
« Reply #150 on: December 11, 2022, 08:23:07 PM »

Update your Starsector, you might still be on 0.95 while latest is 0.95.1.

yep, that did it. thanks!!
luv me ai cores. 'ate pathers. not racist jus don like em'. simple as

nano_xXx

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 17, 2022, 09:43:38 PM »

Previously posted the same text as below in the troubleshooting starsector thread, but without mods. Now, having studied the forum a little more carefully, I found this thread. I'm posting the same message here as I did there. I hope this is allowed and the moderators will not beat me.

Hello. I have a strange problem. I play with mods (I don't think that's the reason).

Flying and exploring the galaxy, my ships just started taking damage and being destroyed. I booted up and tried again, but this time making saves along the way. At one point, I discovered that when interacting with an object (a planet, a debris field, an orbital habitat), my fleet continues to fly by a small inertia (although I have an interface for interacting with the object open at that moment, and in theory there should have been a pause) After which my fleet just starts exploding and in chat writes about getting millions of experience with each lost ship.

I don't understand what to do, I tried restarting the computer and the game several times. I have allocated 8 gigabytes of memory for the star sector. Installed on HDD. I previously installed and uninstalled java (I needed a specific version, and jdk-17.0.5 remained, I removed the previous one through the installer).

I tried to find a similar problem on the forum but couldn't find a solution as my English is poor.

I would be grateful for any advice.

kendrick lamid

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 18, 2022, 07:01:48 PM »

Hello,

Having problems with Nexerelin's update. When I load into my saved game, it goes about half a day before it crashes. The error message is "null", and the log looks like this:
https://pastebin.com/m4i8xnYn

Help would be appreciated, don't want to abandon my save just because of a bug that came from an update. Thanks!

Btw, reverting back to Nexerelin's old version causes the game to not load at all and gives me a huge error message, so I can't do that.

Hatter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 18, 2022, 08:14:20 PM »

Hello.
The only thing that you can do right now is wait for Histidine to push out a fix. You may would probably get a quicker response bringing the issue up in the Nexerelin mod thread. I reposted your comment to the Nex mod thread.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #154 on: December 19, 2022, 01:09:06 AM »

Hello,

Having problems with Nexerelin's update. When I load into my saved game, it goes about half a day before it crashes. The error message is "null", and the log looks like this:

Help would be appreciated, don't want to abandon my save just because of a bug that came from an update. Thanks!

Btw, reverting back to Nexerelin's old version causes the game to not load at all and gives me a huge error message, so I can't do that.
Try the hotfix .jar from the Nex thread (place in Nexerelin/jars), if that fails see the first half of this message for how to purge ongoing ground battles.

kendrick lamid

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 20, 2022, 05:43:17 PM »

Hello,

Try the hotfix .jar from the Nex thread (place in Nexerelin/jars), if that fails see the first half of this message for how to purge ongoing ground battles.

Holy ***, that fixed it! Tysm!

BleedingFire

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 04, 2023, 10:23:10 AM »

If you need to open .7z files on a Mac I recommend keka.

I'm not getting a zip file and I'm on a windows pc... this is also close to the first time I'm downloading mods for games.
What should I do?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #157 on: January 05, 2023, 08:31:41 AM »

7zip is the preferred Windows program for opening 7z files on Windows.

If you don't have experience installing mods in general, Starsector has the third-party MOSS and SMOL mod managers to help automate the process.

BleedingFire

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 05, 2023, 09:45:04 AM »

This helped thank you

luchillo17

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 07, 2023, 01:47:40 AM »

I'm having this issue where the strength before deploying doesn't reflect the strength after deploying, specifically, the "Mechanized Assault" multiplier (+25%) does not show up until deployed, making precision capture very hard, since Nexerelin penalizes excessive strength over 15% with linear scale disruption on each industry up to the same disruption as a raid, would be nice to fix this since instead of capturing ahead of time & holding until the disruption is handled, we could capture with less than 15% excess force, minimizing disruption, low stability & lower reward for Conquest missions.

Note: Here are some images showing the multiplier in 2 companies, 1 deployed and the other not, had to paste the link since the "img" tag in this forum doesn't seem to work.
https://pasteboard.co/I4ghFx3lfpDF.png
https://pasteboard.co/bYxEbDuKSMHu.png

Chaman

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 25, 2023, 11:44:25 AM »

Hi, I recently had to change a few parts on my pc and since then SS has been acting a bit funky, I already tried reinstalling the game and all the mods and it didn't work.
Mod list:
-Arma Armatura
-Arsenal Expansion
-Deluxe Player Flags
-Diable Avionics
-Fluff's Ship Pack
-Industrial Evolution
-LazyLib
-Interstellar Imperium
-Luddic Enhancement
-MagicLib
-Nexerelin
-Roider Armatura
-Roider Union
-ScalarTech Solutions
-Ship/Weapon Pack
-SpeedUp
-StellarNetworks
-Stop Gap Measures
-Tahlan Shipworks
-VIC
-GraphicsLib

And here's the crash log: https://pastebin.com/TqSTjRAc

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #161 on: March 13, 2023, 05:53:58 PM »

People need to make their own threads instead of posting up here...

Late reply, but the configuration file SWP_OPTIONS.ini that's supposed to be in the Ship & Weapon Pack folder isn't there. Try a reinstall of the mod first.

NJOO

• Ensign
    • View Profile
First modding after extracting magiclib JSONObject["id"] not found
« Reply #162 on: April 12, 2023, 10:46:44 PM »

5516 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [DIRECTORY: C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\DakkaHolics (data\weapons\eis_dualrailgun.wpn)]
5618 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["id"] not found.
org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["id"] not found.
   at org.json.JSONObject.get(JSONObject.java:406)
   at org.json.JSONObject.getString(JSONObject.java:577)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.WeaponSpecLoader.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.WeaponSpecLoader.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.public(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #163 on: April 13, 2023, 05:55:01 PM »

Turn off Dakkaholics if you're not using Iron Shell. Or (more advanced) delete/archive the weapons in that mod from other mods you're not using, as identified by the prefixes.

(I forget if any Dakkaholics updates have fixed this)

The Suspense

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 23, 2023, 06:45:54 PM »

Hi, I'm trying to start a new run but every time I finish selecting perks for my new captain and the game tries to generate the new world it crashes out. I've tried updating a few mods that were out of date but the problem persists. I shortened the starsector.log to the part with the error because the whole thing was huge
https://pastebin.com/Hsq2rdUD
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16