Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: [0.7.2a] Autonomous Ships 0.4.1  (Read 40064 times)

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] Autonomous Ships 0.4.1
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2017, 03:55:29 AM »

Good to hear, maybe with your mod I'll be able to field frigates again!

Morbo513

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2017, 04:40:57 AM »

Good news, I'm back to playing Starsector. I tried 0.8 this weekend.

Less good news, I'm stuck in the tutorial (the first big battle after you get the derelict ships). I get wrecked by the AI all the time for some reason. I don't know if I forgot how to play, or if there's some new mechanics at play that I've overlooked.

Regardless, 0.8 looks pretty good so I'm going to update the mod to support it. Hopefully before the end the week.
Awesome. This mod is a massive QoL improvement - Maintaining the CP to retreat damaged ships is one thing, but noticing they are in the first place is another.

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2017, 05:34:02 AM »

Less good news, I'm stuck in the tutorial (the first big battle after you get the derelict ships). I get wrecked by the AI all the time for some reason. I don't know if I forgot how to play, or if there's some new mechanics at play that I've overlooked.

This battle can be one of most difficult fights in SS if you get unlucky with weapons looted from derelicts and available in shops (no Blaster = Wolf is near useless, few/none railguns/needlers/maulers), while enemy gets good fleet composition (it is very random, both ships and their weapon selection).
Can be quite easy if neither of these things happen.

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2017, 02:00:41 AM »

Would love this mod for 8.1!!!!

CaptainWinky

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2017, 09:36:37 AM »

This battle can be one of most difficult fights in SS if you get unlucky with weapons looted from derelicts and available in shops (no Blaster = Wolf is near useless, few/none railguns/needlers/maulers), while enemy gets good fleet composition (it is very random, both ships and their weapon selection).
Can be quite easy if neither of these things happen.

For me the main factor in succeeding is being able to separate the two rogue miner fleets.  Individually they're easy, together they're beatable if you use every ship but it's much harder.  Weapon salvaging is helpful but I think the station commander gives you enough weapons to put together a competent fleet.

Looking forward to an update for this mod.  Being able to assign a ship to dedicated fighter-hunting or automatically retreat after missile dumping is quite nice.

OzarMidrashim

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2017, 04:29:35 PM »

Update needed...so so much. This mod was a must for me.
There was a little bug i remember, whenever we removed other (normal) hullmod this mods hullmod was removed and needed to be apply again.
Mods are like drugs for games - they allow to customise and expand experiance...
...yet be carefull not to mix to much or overload...as conflicts yield terrible results.
There is only one rule always in (load)order...be responsible and know what you're doing.

hqz

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2017, 03:07:10 AM »

I've looked at this the previous weekend and it seems like the changes are not too complicated.

I need to do some testing but it should be rather straightforward. Stay tuned. :)

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2017, 04:48:42 PM »

good to hear, i really miss being able to make my ships retreat automatically. i spend too much time clicking through every ship in tactical screen to check if they're still okay, without those hullmods. ^^

OzarMidrashim

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2017, 02:23:53 PM »

Great!

Its so handy it should be build-in...maybe if needed implemented in some diffirent fassion on command screen, but this mod does it well enough to deserve much more attention and appreciation.

If anything other than more levels of % i would like few more options to choose from...just dont know what is possible?

* Ways to simulate and AI Officer? So even without one we could force ship to be aggresive or cowardly? Officer should/would override those and add his own buff afterall.
* Build on order/prioirty, so ship would by default move and either harras or try to take-over strategic position of certain type? If this option seems to powerfull...they would work only if an Officer would command ship with such hullmod.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 02:27:15 PM by OzarMidrashim »
Mods are like drugs for games - they allow to customise and expand experiance...
...yet be carefull not to mix to much or overload...as conflicts yield terrible results.
There is only one rule always in (load)order...be responsible and know what you're doing.

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2017, 01:41:12 AM »

* Ways to simulate and AI Officer? So even without one we could force ship to be aggresive or cowardly? Officer should/would override those and add his own buff afterall.

Actually reverse would be more useful, with hullmod overriding default/officer behavior.
This part of vanilla I don't actually like - being committed to fixed behavior officers for whole play-through. Which makes early Aggressive officer for SO Melee Lasher obsolete by lategame (too suicidal in big fights, but Steady/Cautious can't use SO Melee Lasher at all).

OzarMidrashim

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2017, 03:27:02 AM »

Actually reverse would be more useful, with hullmod overriding default/officer behavior.
This part of vanilla I don't actually like - being committed to fixed behavior officers for whole play-through. Which makes early Aggressive officer for SO Melee Lasher obsolete by lategame (too suicidal in big fights, but Steady/Cautious can't use SO Melee Lasher at all).

True...but this would make all their quirks and RPG-like feel not important. You need to build ship around an Officer, not just override his personal behaviour. Agressive officers in my fleet used heavy armour experimental phase ships from NGO (suspended mod right now) with Chupacabra fusor "armour rebuild" guns (from ICE, not updated yet) with a lot of hullmods to rise armour and hull ...in effect they ware almost unkillable in most scenarios.

Maybe good idea would be a +/- attitude hullmod ...this would allow ONE level change. You could make aggresive into suicidal with + or neutral with - ...this way their personal character would still have an impact on a game forcing you to consider before hire, but allow you little more ajustments - after all its one of most fun parts of the game.

NightKev

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2018, 07:17:53 PM »

I've made an update for this mod to 0.8.1a here, quick testing shows the hullmods working. I've got some plans to add stuff like changing ship aggressiveness, we'll see how that goes (also at that point I'll probably make a new thread).

Arkar1234

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2018, 06:29:31 AM »

I've made an update for this mod to 0.8.1a here, quick testing shows the hullmods working. I've got some plans to add stuff like changing ship aggressiveness, we'll see how that goes (also at that point I'll probably make a new thread).

Alright, I'll notify ya if I find some bugs or irregularities. :D
Somewhere... somehow... some when.... there's a Kantai Collection mod for Starsector.....

NightKev

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2018, 04:24:34 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]