Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [0.7.2aRC3] *Massive* rep drop after completing 1 marginally profitable delivery  (Read 2619 times)

TJJ

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Delivered 4500 supplies to Kanta's Den, earning approx 750k & 170k XP. (Though only ~400k of that was profit.)

Lost 120 rep with independents! (went from +45 to -75)

I've never had a rep drop from delivery missions be so ridiculously large, and for it to be on a relatively unprofitable delivery?!
Surprised me enough to think it might be a bug.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/54785909/starfarer/0.7.2a%20RC3/screenshot068.png

:edit:

The delivery was made with transponder on.
Would it have behaved differently if my transponder had been off?
(would independents still have learned I was responsible for the delivery?)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 04:19:34 AM by TJJ »

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile

Delivered 4500 supplies to Kanta's Den, earning approx 750k & 170k XP. (Though only ~400k of that was profit.)

Lost 120 rep with independents! (went from +45 to -75)

I've never had a rep drop from delivery missions to be so ridiculously large, and for it to be on a relatively unprofitable delivery?!
Surprised me enough to think it might be a bug.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/54785909/starfarer/0.7.2a%20RC3/screenshot068.png
I too just experienced this with both the Heg and Indies. Dropped off around 2500 fuel and then a few days later took a MASSIVE hit (alllll the way to hostile) in rep
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Dwarfslayer

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I've seen this as well, delivering a large quantity of Organs to a TriTach market really hurt my hegemony peace plans.

Having said that, I'm not sure this is a bug per se. The rep loss is probably related to the volume of goods/the value of the goods shifted so a massive transfer for hundreds of thousands of credits would be a large drop. Perhaps it just seems alarmingly extreme to drop from "Friendly" to "Hostile" in a single market transaction.

Maybe limit the change to one or two drops in attitude level ie Cooperative to Friendly or Suspicious to Inhospitable.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia

If I saw you so much as speak to a Pirate captain or Tri-Tach "chemist", I'd put out a kill order on you without so much as independent verification.  This is a WAR on SPACE-TERROR and a WAR on SPACE-DRUGS!  There will be ZERO TOLERANCE.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Yeah, this is one of those that's not quite a "bug" but should probably work differently; a surprise drop all the way to hostile is a bit much. Noted down.