Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: 0.7.2a Loading Crash  (Read 2650 times)

chillthebone

• Ensign
    • View Profile
0.7.2a Loading Crash
« on: March 10, 2016, 01:50:15 PM »

Got a problem here. As I was quicksaving the game just froze and crashed mid-save. Had a good 20 hours into this one.
I got a decent bit of mods, same as everyone else. Nothing too special. All the mods are included and no visible changes that I can tell at least.

http://pastebin.com/Y43k2WYJ

8GB RAM running Win10, possible it could've been a memory leak, I tweaked JRE to work 64bit and hog up to 4 gigs of RAM. Game's on my SSD so I doubt it was a write error of any kind.

Thank you for the time!

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: 0.7.2a Loading Crash
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 02:05:11 PM »

Hmm. This looks like the log from the crash while loading, not saving. Do you have the log from the save crashing?

By the way: there are two .bak files in the save directory; campaign.xml.bak and descriptor.xml.bak. You can rename those (remove the .bak extension) to recover a previous version of your save.

chillthebone

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 02:30:07 PM »

The backup did work, that's wonderful. Thank you!

Sorry for the inaccurate pastebin. Here's the log file itself https://up1.ca/#95gWmy6yxi__-EGJUHnbZQ . I couldn't find the specific line that made it crash :/ .

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 02:52:20 PM »

Thanks - ahh, looks like the log file rolled over since the original crash. It might be in starsector.log.1 or one of the other files, unless it rolled over enough to be out of those as well. Probably not a big deal, though - my guess is it was indeed an out of memory crash, likely mod related.