Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Help please, haven't played in forever  (Read 2378 times)

vitowns

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Help please, haven't played in forever
« on: March 07, 2016, 07:19:51 AM »

Hello it's been way many months since i've played and i picked bounty hunter but apparently i don't start with the wolf frigate anymore which was a good ship, now the starter ship seems weak i lose every little/easy battle, or maybe i need to practice more lol... but anyone has tips for the new versions? Also privateer= I do my own thing in space right? If i pick privateer, but why is there the option of a pirate lord or something? So privateere is more like pirate? Aaaah help please!

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Help please, haven't played in forever
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 08:01:50 AM »

Scarab is the best ship you can start as, and it is more effective than the Wolf and the other starters.  Tri-Tachyon will be hostile if you start as the Scarab, which is a pain if you want to commission with them.

Chaos Farseer

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 08:22:50 AM »

Historically, a privateer is someone who's given backing by a government to pillage enemy merchant ships. Which kind of can be summarized as piracy in general, hence the Pirate-friendly option.

The Scarab is pretty cool. The ship system makes you operate twice or three times as fast as other ships, which reduces the amount of damage taken, lets you dodge bullets, sneak around shields, and so on. Try it out in the simulator, you might like it.

vitowns

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 08:25:04 AM »

Thanks guys i will definitly try it :D

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 08:38:44 AM »

as the others said, the privateer -> Scarab option is probably best, if you find the early game too hard, as the Scarab is powerful and able to pull of fancy manoeuvers that would otherwise be very difficult. Tri-Tachyon being hostile from the start is only a problem if you planned to side with them, it's of no consequence if you accept a Hegemony commission.

the option with the pirate lord simply increases your reputation with pirates to just above openly-hostile. they still don't like you, but they won't attack you on sight. the option doesn't have any negative side effects, but it's also pretty useless if you plan to play as bounty hunter anyway.

edit: looks like i was too slow. good luck! ^^