Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Minor graphical glitch while orbiting  (Read 1575 times)

Scout890

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Minor graphical glitch while orbiting
« on: March 01, 2016, 02:12:58 PM »

After orbiting for a while all ships disappear within the fleet circle on the campaign map. It also seems to be determined by how long the fleet has gone without movement input and the current level of zoom(ships disappear at further and further zoom levels the longer time goes on). Using abilities or being confronted by other fleets seems to have no effect on bringing back the visuals as well. As far as I can tell this only happens when staying in orbit for extended periods of time. Not sure if fleet size affects this either.

(large pictures)
zoomed in
Spoiler
[close]
zoomed out
Spoiler
[close]

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Minor graphical glitch while orbiting
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 02:16:58 PM »

Hmm. How long does it take for you for that to happen?

This sounds like it could be a graphics driver glitch; might be worth making sure you've got the latest version.

Scout890

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 02:32:46 PM »

It takes about 2 minutes and 35 seconds to disappear when fully zoomed in. Also fleet visuals are immediately restored upon breaking orbit. The drivers for my AMD Radeon HD 5700 series are up to date. In addition my computer is running Windows 10.

EDIT:
Resolution doesn't seem to make a difference.
Fleet composition is 1 Centurion and 2 Wayfarers.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 02:55:55 PM by Scout890 »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 03:24:54 PM »

Thank you! Able to (somewhat to my surprise, because it sounded so stange) reproduce this over here.

Fixed - the game wasn't properly updating the location it thought the player fleet was in for the purposes of whether it's visible or not while orbiting, so, essentially, once it moved outside of your viewport prior to going in orbit, it would assume the fleet was no longer visible and fade it out.