Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: My trade is no worky  (Read 3573 times)

frogbones

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
My trade is no worky
« on: February 29, 2016, 08:38:52 AM »

I seem to have a bad nack for trading this release. If anyone can lend tips or some thing to point me in the right direction, much appreciation will I have.

Shortages and trade disrupts, seemed to yield better profits in version 6. This time around.......nothin' much.

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: My trade is no worky
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 08:46:37 AM »

i noticed that as well. i'm not playing as dedicated trader, so it's not much of a problem, but there seem to be significantly fewer opportunities to buy very low or sell very high. i'm still not sure whether this is actually due to a change in the latest release or just random chance.

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 08:48:06 AM »

Smuggle so you can avoid the 30% tariffs!

Seriously though, at this point in development I feel trading is only a supplement source of income and not something you can do 100% (unless you want it to take forever) to make big money. You're suppose to capitalize on trade disruptions by watching the price of goods on the intel screen.

I just hunt named bounties and make 200k-300k credits for a 5 minute battle, lol

frogbones

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 01:11:05 PM »

yeah......I was checking to see if I was missing something. No big thang. I'm sure it will comeback.

Thanks

shingekinolinus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 01:28:57 AM »

I think the commodities section of the intel tab can be really useful, especially because it displays all the prices on a map.
Using this, I've once bought in tons of supplies from Jangala at 20 credits each, then sold them at Mimir Siphon Platform each at an incredible 300 CR, instantly giving me enough to double the size of my fleet.

The one thing I did wrong was that I used black market at both stations, hegemony was fine (still cooperative), but tri-tach now has me on inhospitable and I can't trade with them, otherwise I could've exploited this a few times more.

My advice is that if you start off at Jangala, try to earn some credits by trading with pirates first. In so many of my SS+ playthroughs I started off blasting pirate fleets, which only got me like 300 CR per fight and eventually I would supply starve to death. Then I realized how exploiting the trade disruption event in Barad A/B and Jangala can be much more rewarding.

Imp0815

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2016, 06:54:41 AM »

I failed for the Trade thingi to.
I bought like 600 food for 25k and i wanted to sell it at Grimgar on a food crisis. Well i made 22k loss on this tour :/
Quantity instead of precision

Pax_Empyrean

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2016, 09:15:07 AM »

Now that flying around actually involves some risk of being attacked, there's no reason that a "milk run" should be so ridiculously unprofitable.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2016, 09:23:18 AM »

Missions are good source of trade runs... if you are not enemies with Hegemony.  (Hegemony controls at least half of the systems with big markets.)

Commissioned Tri-Tachyon war dogs work best slaughtering as much as possible, due to limited trade opportunities.