Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Save game corrupt?  (Read 2900 times)

Altiarxsaint

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Save game corrupt?
« on: February 28, 2016, 07:49:28 PM »

Well this is embarrassing  :-[

My level 39 characters save done got messed up some way some how. The game starts fine and I can load in to other saves fine. Also all of the mods on the save are active. My game is being run in administrator mode on windows 7.

However, when I try to load in to my level 39 toon it tells me to check my mods because something could possibly be wrong....
Here is what it says exactly:
Error loading saved game:
Error loading game. See Starsector.log for details.

It's possible that the save game is from an
incompatible version, or was created with modes

------------------------------------------------------------
If anyone could give me hand that would be nice :)
If not it's not a big deal to just use a command console mod to get back to where I was.
that are now disabled.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Save game corrupt?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 07:52:27 PM »

Hi - can you post the (rather long) stack trace at the end of starsector.log, after you try loading the game?

There are also .bak files in the save folder that you could try renaming and loading from, in case there's an issue with the actual file.

Altiarxsaint

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 08:15:22 PM »

That worked wonderfully, I Probably should have checked the save file beforehand lolz. Thanks a lot.

Since it was just the file, any clue what could have done it? Or might it have just been stress from all the mods that caused it to corrupt?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 08:17:52 PM »

Since it was just the file, any clue what could have done it? Or might it have just been stress from all the mods that caused it to corrupt?

One possibility is the game ran out of memory while saving, which can happen when you're running with a bunch of mods and without increased memory allocation (per the sticky in this subforum). In that case, the save file would only be half-written and unloadable. (It's also possible this could happen with increased memory allocation if it still wasn't enough, but it's a lot less likely.)