Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Is there a way to increase the game speed further?  (Read 16866 times)

Linnis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a way to increase the game speed further?
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2020, 02:06:44 PM »

FWIW, I'm aware that this can be an issue and would like to improve on it at some point. Have some ideas, but it's the usual "don't want to get into them in case they don't pan out" thing.

You could allow players to read info screen and etc while the game is not paused.

THE SHAMBLER

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2020, 03:30:57 PM »

I know everyone lost their track of time during the quarantine now, but cmon, you're responding to a 4 year old thread. Also necroing = bad. Also also welcome to the forum, enjoy your stay.

WHAT YEAR IS IT?
Sorry I didn't notice the post time, Thanks for the welcome btw, I am sure I will enjoy my stay here.

Terethall

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2020, 07:39:26 PM »

I actually was just thinking about making a thread about this. My pinky gets tired of holding shift literally 99% of the time in the campaign mode. Combat is fine due to SpeedUp, but the campaign map slowness is infuriating. Honestly the campaign speed just needs to be double speed as a baseline, with an option to double it again, or slow down by 50%, depending on what the player is up to (trying to chase/run from something where tiny mistakes mean death, vs exploring and salvaging where you want get inside debris fields and click on a bunch of small derelicts etc., vs traveling from system to system or market to market where you just want to get there and there is a 98% chance nothing will happen on the way).

pedro1_1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2020, 07:48:44 PM »

I actually was just thinking about making a thread about this. My pinky gets tired of holding shift literally 99% of the time in the campaign mode. Combat is fine due to SpeedUp, but the campaign map slowness is infuriating. Honestly the campaign speed just needs to be double speed as a baseline, with an option to double it again, or slow down by 50%, depending on what the player is up to (trying to chase/run from something where tiny mistakes mean death, vs exploring and salvaging where you want get inside debris fields and click on a bunch of small derelicts etc., vs traveling from system to system or market to market where you just want to get there and there is a 98% chance nothing will happen on the way).

There is a config in the options that swiches the hold shift button on the campaign map to a single shift press to speed up, slow down, it's someting that's in the game as long as I play it(0.8.1a), but is hidden

Michihiri

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2020, 10:07:15 AM »

I know everyone lost their track of time during the quarantine now, but cmon, you're responding to a 4 year old thread. Also necroing = bad. Also also welcome to the forum, enjoy your stay.
Welllllll here's my first post, I find it annoying as well ;<
Specially when I have grand sector set to like 5 times the original map size, tbf I do use Hyperdrive mod that allows me to travel WAYYYY faster. But I still find it slow when it comes to just standing in place waiting for industries to just finally be done. :P
No hate though, I love the game so far. :)

epic_dude

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2022, 11:54:39 AM »

THREAD NECRO FOR GOOD REASON! I have an ANSWER!

There is a modding answer, and as usual don't touch files you have no business touching unless you know what you're doing.

In your Starsector install folder, navigate to ...\starsector-core\data\config

Open "Settings.JSON" with a text editor, I suggest Notepad++ as it formats everything nicely.

Search the file (ctrl+F) for: "campaignSpeedupMult":2

Increase the number to make it faster, but beware you will incur some CPU/Framerate stress if it goes too high. It does apply this multiplier to all realtime actions going on AFAIK.

Shoot me a PM if you can't figure it out.
Pages: 1 [2]