Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Extra Planets (Probably Mod Only) and Extra Stations (Mod or addition to game)  (Read 2260 times)

ArthropodOfDoom

• Commander
    • View Profile

I don't have the capabilities or knowledge to create a proper mod for this game, so I turn to Alex and the modders for this request, with the hope that it will be integrated later on by Alex.

First and foremost, an independent planet for the Independent faction to live on, sort of a base for those who are neutral to everything. An outpost here would be great as well, because then we could actually buy the mid-tech ships that you can't get without *** off the Mercenaries and scaring off individual traders. Secondly, a Tri-Tachyon outpost. They are a business company, so why not give them a place to make profit? It would help to have another pirate planet with a separate orbit at this point, in order to compensate for the increased revenue required to purchase the ships from these lovely outfits.

As for the outpost mechanics, it would be great if someone could write a quick little bit of code to check your relationship with an outpost. If you have a bad relationship with such-and-such faction, they won't let you trade. Additionally, a way to refresh the stock of the outpost would be nice. Watching my outposts fill up with fuel and worthless fighters isn't entertaining.
Let's say I'm captaining the ISS Slightly Lopsided Isosceles Triangle here.

Paul

• Commander
    • View Profile

Station stocks already get restored over time from convoys entering the system. The way those convoys function is currently a bit bugged though - it uses a variable that isn't saved to count up the convoys, making it keep sending the first convoy over and over if you don't play for a long stretch without reloading (so all you'll get is some of the basic weapons, and it never stocks the big guns). Alex already knows about that one though, so it'll likely be fixed next version.

Modding can do quite a bit of what you're wanting already though. This mod has a Tri-Tachyon station that sells their ships and as of v1.02 a custom faction with all the guns and some of the higher end fighters for sale. Both restock, and both also regulate the cargo on them (max for fuel, supplies, weapons, etc.).

As far as getting the mercenary ships, the default Hegemony station stocks them at random. Every convoy coming in gets from 0 to 4 random ships and fighters with 60% of them being fighters - getting the specific ships you want for sale just ends up being luck.

If there is demand for an independent station stocking specifically the ships the mercenaries use it wouldn't be too hard to mod it in.

ArthropodOfDoom

• Commander
    • View Profile

Can't believe I didn't see this before, I recently created a new fleet with this mod, and it is pretty awesome.
Let's say I'm captaining the ISS Slightly Lopsided Isosceles Triangle here.