Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 40

Author Topic: Starsector 0.7.2a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 355156 times)

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.7.2a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #435 on: March 03, 2016, 07:20:48 PM »

Sadly, it would appear that officers do not get EXP when you send them to do an auto-battle pursuit. I sent a lvl 1 and lvl 7 officer to pursue a 4 ship pirate fleet and they destroyed them all, I got 7000 EXP but my officers got nothing. =/

My flagship and character did not participate.

EDIT: Also, to be honest, I was really surprised they killed them all. It was three Wolves (D) and 1 other thing and I only sent a Centurion and a Kite (A).
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 07:25:18 PM by Dri »

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: March 04, 2016, 08:24:36 AM »

Finally played RC3 for some time.  It seems most of my ships refuse to obey Capture orders.  A Centurion with my first Steady officer (originally from starter Kite-A) obeys, but a Lasher with an Aggressive officer and a Hound with no officer refused.  I click Capture on objectives, but I see no arrow from any ship except the Centurion to one of them (out of two or three) if that ship participates.

Have not made it to endgame yet where I fight battles with objectives on a regular basis.  I will investigate more when I can.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: March 04, 2016, 02:40:10 PM »

I've seen something similar, but I'm not sure how to reproduce it yet.
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: March 04, 2016, 03:48:36 PM »

I have no idea either.  Another case:  During a pursuit battle (with me as attacker), I deployed frigates on the left and frigates on the right.  I click capture on the point at the right, and a frigate from the left is assigned to it, even though the frigates on the right are much closer to it!

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: March 04, 2016, 04:04:45 PM »

Have any of you noticed your AI ships seemingly dumbfounded by an enemy ship that was just destroyed? Several times I've seen my Kite remain facing the hulk of a destroyed enemy for 3-4 seconds before it finally turns and goes after another target.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: March 04, 2016, 04:06:42 PM »

I do not know.  I soloed most of my fights.  When I deploy more in pursuit, it is to capture points, which they fail to do, unlike previous versions.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: March 04, 2016, 04:21:49 PM »

Sadly, it would appear that officers do not get EXP when you send them to do an auto-battle pursuit. I sent a lvl 1 and lvl 7 officer to pursue a 4 ship pirate fleet and they destroyed them all, I got 7000 EXP but my officers got nothing. =/

Thanks - wrote that down.

Finally played RC3 for some time.  It seems most of my ships refuse to obey Capture orders.  A Centurion with my first Steady officer (originally from starter Kite-A) obeys, but a Lasher with an Aggressive officer and a Hound with no officer refused.  I click Capture on objectives, but I see no arrow from any ship except the Centurion to one of them (out of two or three) if that ship participates.
I've seen something similar, but I'm not sure how to reproduce it yet.

Hmm, yeah - also unable to reproduce so far.

I have no idea either.  Another case:  During a pursuit battle (with me as attacker), I deployed frigates on the left and frigates on the right.  I click capture on the point at the right, and a frigate from the left is assigned to it, even though the frigates on the right are much closer to it!

Hard to say without specifics; there are some legitimate reasons this might happen, such as the frigate on the right having a mobility system/phase cloak.

Have any of you noticed your AI ships seemingly dumbfounded by an enemy ship that was just destroyed? Several times I've seen my Kite remain facing the hulk of a destroyed enemy for 3-4 seconds before it finally turns and goes after another target.

It should generally be a second or two, but yeah, that does happen. Made a note to tweak that.

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: March 04, 2016, 04:41:08 PM »

I bore witness to a Brawler vs Centurion fight. I don't think it was ever going to end, haha, those are some durable frigates with that new Damper Field!

cpmartins

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: March 04, 2016, 08:26:47 PM »

Afflictor + 3 AM Blasters Vs Onslaught
The cheese is real.
pls don't change it   ;D

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: March 04, 2016, 09:04:46 PM »

Had a strange bug that I haven't seen before, where I exited to menu as a patrol was hailing me (I zoned out momentarily but it could have been that the interaction dialog opened while the game was "fading" after exiting), immediately went on "continue" in the main menu, and the save started with the interaction dialog created by the fleet from the previous session open, which had some broken strings and then created a fatal error and CTD when I tried to click a dialog option.

Looked like this:

Spoiler
23527639 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading stage 36
23527640 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading stage 37
23527640 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading stage 38
23527640 [Thread-4] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Cleaning up music with id [Stellar_Rust.ogg]
23527640 [Thread-4] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Cleaning up music with id [miscallenous_corvus_campaign_music.ogg]
23527640 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading stage 39 - last
23528641 [Thread-8] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Cleaning up music with id [miscallenous_main_menu.ogg]
23529052 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Creating streaming player for music with id [miscallenous_main_menu.ogg]
23529053 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.H  - Playing music with id [miscallenous_main_menu.ogg]
23531540 [Thread-4] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.A  - Problem with command of class com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.EndConversation: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.optionSelec ted(FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:623)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.reinitPostC ontinue(FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:161)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.reinit(FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:141)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.EndConversation.execute(EndConversation.java:37)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.A.execute(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.C.runScript(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.applyRule(FireBest.java:97)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.execute(FireBest.java:47)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.fire(FireBest.java:53)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.fireBes t(RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:176)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.optionS elected(RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:208)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.optionSelec ted(FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:564)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.T$1.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.super.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00o.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.null.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.U.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
23533003 [Thread-8] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Cleaning up music with id [miscallenous_main_menu.ogg]
23533053 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Creating streaming player for music with id [miscallenous_main_menu.ogg]
23533053 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.H  - Playing music with id [miscallenous_main_menu.ogg]
23533319 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.optionSelec ted(FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:623)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.optionSelec ted(FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:954)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.optionSelec ted(FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:582)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.T$1.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.super.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00o.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.null.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.U.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

Carabus

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: March 05, 2016, 07:55:18 AM »

I found some small bugs in my first game using 0.7.2a RC3. Keep in mind I am using StarSector Plus, in case any of the bugs is related.

1. In a description of procurement mission in mission screen there is a typo:
<name> is is working for the local authorites and the delivery may be made openly.

2. I was selling fuel to Asharu black market. Starting price is 75c. When I sell 1 unit of fuel the price is always 75c, even when I sell one unit 30 times in a row. But when I sell 30 units in one transaction, the price drops, for first one I get 75c, but for 30th one I get only 56c, and the average price for all 30 is 65c.

3. When selling a stack, the average price calculated while dragging the stack differs by one from the average price calculated after placing the stack in black market. There is also small difference in formatting of "x <number>". Look at these screenshots:
http://prntscr.com/abj4yo
http://prntscr.com/abj5gd

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: March 05, 2016, 01:46:09 PM »

Thank you for the bug reports!

1. In a description of procurement mission in mission screen there is a typo:
<name> is is working for the local authorites and the delivery may be made openly.

Fixed.

2. I was selling fuel to Asharu black market. Starting price is 75c. When I sell 1 unit of fuel the price is always 75c, even when I sell one unit 30 times in a row. But when I sell 30 units in one transaction, the price drops, for first one I get 75c, but for 30th one I get only 56c, and the average price for all 30 is 65c.

3. When selling a stack, the average price calculated while dragging the stack differs by one from the average price calculated after placing the stack in black market. There is also small difference in formatting of "x <number>". Look at these screenshots:
http://prntscr.com/abj4yo
http://prntscr.com/abj5gd

Wrote these down.

Had a strange bug that I haven't seen before, where I exited to menu as a patrol was hailing me (I zoned out momentarily but it could have been that the interaction dialog opened while the game was "fading" after exiting), immediately went on "continue" in the main menu, and the save started with the interaction dialog created by the fleet from the previous session open, which had some broken strings and then created a fatal error and CTD when I tried to click a dialog option.

That's exactly what it was, fixed - will now pause the game during this fade-out, and not create any dialogs if something (i.e. a script running while paused) did try to do it.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: March 05, 2016, 08:04:21 PM »

Still having problems with disobedient ships.  Last few times, I ordered my fleet (of a Lasher, Wolf, Afflictor, and two Scarabs) to Assault/Defend a point.  All ships except Lasher obeyed.  All had officers (no Timid though).

I wonder if the game counts my flagship as an option to assign.  That is, if my ship would be the best qualified, it wants to assign it, but cannot because I use it, but because it thought my ship was the best, it does not check for other ships to use.

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: March 05, 2016, 08:23:56 PM »

Now that you mention it, I had something similar where I assigned my whole fleet to assault/defend a certain point, and everyone except one Aurora obeyed. When I replayed the battle after taking too many losses, it was the same. The Aurora was just off doing its own thing with a yellow arrow indicating that it wasn't under orders.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: March 05, 2016, 09:08:06 PM »

Do you guys happen to have a save where this happens?
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 40