Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 40

Author Topic: Starsector 0.7.2a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 356031 times)

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.7.2a (In Development) Patch Notes
« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2016, 06:50:39 PM »

Could ya post a pic of the updated Hyperion? Was it made a bit thicker/larger so as to not appear like it was more weapon than ship when you had it fully equipped? heh

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 03, 2016, 07:10:44 PM »

It's a bit more substantial, yeah.

David

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 03, 2016, 10:16:54 PM »

Could ya post a pic of the updated Hyperion? Was it made a bit thicker/larger so as to not appear like it was more weapon than ship when you had it fully equipped? heh

What and ruin the surprise?  ???

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 03, 2016, 10:31:20 PM »

This patch is probably still at least 2 weeks away, thats too long to wait for a surprise. Cruel!

TheDTYP

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 04, 2016, 07:30:45 AM »

This patch is probably still at least 2 weeks away, thats too long to wait for a surprise. Cruel!

Hate to burst your bubble, but I think it's quite a bit more far off than that...

I LOVE that so many new ships are being added, nice work, you guys!!!

Gezzaman

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 04, 2016, 10:11:56 PM »

More ships are always very welcome  :D

adds to faction variations and immersion. The biggest gripe i have with playing vanilla is that nearly all factions launch attack fleets etc with very similar compositions

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 07, 2016, 07:36:34 AM »

By the way, since you are removing the flux cost of Phase Skimmers, you should consider nerfing some aspect of the Medusa. It's been the uncontested top destroyer forever, and if I get one when I play vanilla, it takes several strokes of extremely bad luck to stop me from snowballing out of control. I don't mean that you should dethrone it, I just think it's an unwarranted buff for a ship that already is extremely strong. Now that you don't lose 0-flux boost from skimming, the Wolf and Medusa will have an even bigger mobility advantage, as if you had one of the big upsides of Safety Override on every variant. A tiny decrease in speed or flux dissipation would at least keep it on its current power level.

This goes for the Wolf too, but we'll have to see how much the other new frigs shift the power balance.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 07:49:09 AM by Cycerin »

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 07, 2016, 08:22:56 AM »

I do not think removal of flux cost is a big deal, not enough to weaken Wolf or Medusa.  It is not often that flux cost stopped me from skimming.  Three charges is the primary limit that prevents skim abuse.  Now if skimming became unlimited, then there could be a problem.

Medusa is really good as a flagship, but for AI, I do not think Medusa is much better than an Enforcer.  I prefer to use Enforcer for AI because they and their weapons are more common and cheaper to deploy.  If Medusa gets weakened, I want deployment and supplies costs lowered to match other destroyers.  Being limited to 600 range with most of the best configurations kind of hurts.

As for Wolf, it is not that great a frigate.  I do not use any for endgame.  It is not as cheap as a Lasher, and it is not as fast and powerful as Afflictor, Tempest, and Hyperion.  It is good early in the game, but its weaknesses hurt it later.

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 07, 2016, 02:03:49 PM »

i agree with Cycerin. the Skimmer change is not a big buff by any means, but Medusa was already one of the best vanilla flagships. since the main reason for why it's so powerful when piloted by the player, while not being amazing in ai hands, is its speed, a small nerf to base speed could bring it more in line with other destroyer flagships, without hurting the ai too much.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 07, 2016, 03:30:51 PM »

Speed alone is not why Medusa is great, it is that combined with good shields and phase skimmer.

I like the Medusa's fast speed.  It has worse armor, shot range, and CR/deployment costs than other destroyers.  It should be best-in-class all-around to compensate for the weaknesses it has.

For Medusa to kite effectively, it needs Advanced Optics, a huge opportunity cost, to get phase lance to hit at 800 range with light needler.  Otherwise, it is pain to fight against bigger ships that outrange the Medusa.

Zoltanke

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 07, 2016, 09:23:31 PM »

Great game, Great fun, (it's like Mount & Blade, in space!)  and great work so far. My only question is: When is this patch coming?  (Need to set an alert on my phone - so I Can download it as soon as it's available).

Thanks

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 07, 2016, 09:55:50 PM »

Great game, Great fun, (it's like Mount & Blade, in space!)  and great work so far. My only question is: When is this patch coming?  (Need to set an alert on my phone - so I Can download it as soon as it's available).
Thanks
Alex has a habit of not giving us ETAs on patches so you will just have to wait. However! there IS an alert system set up that will email you when the patch drops but sadly I don't know how to use it...
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

sycspysycspy

• Commander
  • Translator of the Council of AL
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 09, 2016, 05:44:19 PM »

Alex has a habit of not giving us ETAs on patches so you will just have to wait. However! there IS an alert system set up that will email you when the patch drops but sadly I don't know how to use it...

You mean the notify function?
Please report any translation error to me with PM.
- I just went over to my bank account and figured out I can live comfortably without working for the rest of my life as long as I die on next Tuesday.

gozer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 10, 2016, 01:29:52 AM »

some really interesting changes there. Can't wait for the patch release.

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 10, 2016, 02:37:30 PM »

Curious about the XIV balance changes - was it nerfs all around or were certain ships buffed while others brought down?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 40