Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: [0.95a] Ore Refinery v0.55 - 11/20/21  (Read 5405 times)

5ColouredWalker

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Ore Refinery v0.5 - 11/11/21
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2021, 09:42:50 PM »

@ 5ColouredWalker Hi and welcome to the party!
I can maybe add another toggle ability to this mod that does a reverse effect but the downside however would be a substantial loss in the cost of heavy machinery and not very profitable otherwise it would be a cheat and you may as well use console commands to poof it into your cargo. I will look into both ideas and tinker under the hood and see what I can come up with without going outside of the scope of this mod.
Glad to be here! Trying this out has made me actually want to use mining. Got a full mining fleet going at the moment.

I made the request before actually trying it out as an idea. From use, the colonies that pay most for it tend to be ones with shortages of the same material, so the work's half done. Adding a Structure (Wouldn't want to do it as an industry) wouldn't play well with mod factions and/or Nex randomizing so I understand not doing it.
As for a free backwards toggle being a cheat, it's not necessarily an economical use for the conversion in the first place and the main use case would be countering stability penalties. One way to prevent it from being a cheat would be to skew so the conversion is less economical. That said, when it comes to stability penalties, you can always drop off your concentrated goods, then go shopping for actual goods to reduce stability.

Finally, any intentions for Volatiles (Probably something along the lines of high density batteries, since volatiles are used to create antimater fuel.), which while rarer are picked up with mining, or for Food? (High density rations maybe? I bring food up because I almost never bother picking it up while exploring. It's the third least valuable commodity, only worth touching if you know you're taking it to somewhere with a severe shortage.)

Dazs

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Ore Refinery v0.5 - 11/11/21
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2021, 02:17:53 AM »

Oh I agree an industry would be unsuitable since their slots are limited. If I were to do it, it would be like the colony building in my faction mod that just takes a regular slot but is a cash earner. I tinkered with the idea of Volatile conversion but it is already at a high price and it is not as vast a get as the other three. As to food conversion, I get it but I think that goes outside the scope of this being a mining utility. As to the reverse conversion, it would have to be carefully done because I believe that would circumvent the economy base restrictions. The game wants you to fly around and price shop if economy is your playstyle.

I am currently in a deep dive fixing my third mod but I will be adding a toggle for volatiles for the next release probably by over the weekend.

Dazs

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Ore Refinery v0.55 - 11/20/21
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2021, 08:53:44 AM »

0.55 release today - see changelog for details

@5ColouredWalker - I added a the ability you requested Ty for the input

@All - The new ability was very tricky to balance since the base value of Volatiles is higher than Heavy Machinery and their values do not divide into whole numbers. No matter what amount of compression I tired I would always get a .4 overflow. If you want the actual math used I will detail it but TLDR:

The compression actually gives you 1.1 output which after 10 cycles in the same session gives you an extra ComV. To complicate matters it also throws off the Heavy Machinery use so with higher % increases using salvage gantries and nanoforges you will sometimes use +/- 1 the amount shown. To compensate for this, I set the output of CompV to round up instead of down to account for the discrepancies by giving overall additional credit value. This is also why the compression is so low compared to the other abilities. I tested this numerous times but if you find it to be otherwise please let me know. (Yea that's the TLDR version lol)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2021, 08:55:55 AM by Dazs »

CrimsonPhalanx

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Ore Refinery v0.55 - 11/20/21
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2021, 09:54:03 AM »

This mod makes mining so much better, although I wish the salvage gantry buff scaled with ship size.
Pages: 1 2 [3]