Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Three more questions, Command transfer via X, Script and  (Read 1578 times)

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
Three more questions, Command transfer via X, Script and
« on: January 11, 2016, 11:51:07 AM »

When I press X to transfer my command to another ship,  will my fleet commander actually displace the NPC Officer that i have running that ship as far as bonuses go? or is it completely cosmetic and just lets me play as that ship+NPC combo?

Also, what script can i alter to change the left hand text fade out?  Sometimes I have a large block of text that comes in and i cant read all of it....the text fade happens whether you have the game paused or not:(. this is for the system travel map pop up news text.

If I have a carrier in the fleet, but not deployed, do i still get to keep a destoyed fighter wing or must i deploy a carrier to the actual battle to trigger  that code?

thank you in advance!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 04:21:42 PM by grinningsphinx »

ANGRYABOUTELVES

• Admiral
  • AE ALTADOON GHARTOK PADHOME
    • View Profile
Re: Three more questions, Command transfer via X, Script and
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 03:00:56 PM »

Yes, your officer bonuses replace the NPC officer bonuses.

You still get to keep a destroyed fighter wing if you have a carrier in your fleet but not deployed. I'm pretty sure that you'll keep the fighter wing even if you don't have a carrier in your fleet, but it'll only replenish its replacement chassis once you land on a planet.

SpacePoliticianAndaZealot

• Captain
  • The Show Stopper
    • View Profile
Re: Three more questions, Command transfer via X, Script and
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 02:36:50 PM »

A destroyed fighter wing is permanently lost if you have no carriers. Partially destroyed will keep draining extra supplies for CR recovery, so it's best to suspend them until you get to a dockyard.