Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Stuff needed for economic modding  (Read 1173 times)

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
Stuff needed for economic modding
« on: December 23, 2015, 08:10:41 AM »

1. there is a huge inconsistancy of what is implemented on API and what is implemented on a implementation...

For example some things can be done with MarketAPI, some only with Market

some things can be done with CommodityOnMarketAPI, some only with CommodityOnMarket

2. Prices calculation (that is one of the thigns that are most annoying me) are done automatically, always, and only by some functions that keep calling long chains of functions... there should be a way to override prices. (also, the price system should even for vanilla be different, the current system probably waste lots of CPU just by jumping around with all the calls needed).

3. There should be a way to actually stop the vanilla economy... telling it to update once every 4000 real world hours helped though.

4. The market information GUI is very confusing, I have no idea how to influence it... in fact this even apply as player, I have no idea what the market information GUI is showing and how it calculates stuff, I tried to understand, but it just looks arbitrary very frequently (even when playing a 100% unmodded game).

there are some other things, but this is what I remembered now :) I got inspired to make this post after seeing Histidine post about AI and Nexerelin coding problems.