Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [Suggestion] filter tab for factionalized ships and weapons  (Read 2162 times)

Ryu116

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
[Suggestion] filter tab for factionalized ships and weapons
« on: December 21, 2015, 08:44:05 AM »

Hello everyone,

I noticed there is still one feature missing, fliter tab for specific ships and weapons.  For example when I was customizing my weapons and wanted to try different ships and weapons in starsector, I still have to swim through many different ships and weapons from starsectors.

So I think it would be great help to have tab filter that allow you to customize the filter that shows specific faction's ships and weapons in both ship and weapons selections.  That way we will be able to efficiently work with each ships and weapons effectively.

It will be great help when testing ships and weapons quickly each time we load starsector too.  So here is my idea how this could work:

Add an extra codename for each ship and weapons, for example:

ShipFaction = Heg, Lucc;
WeaponFaction = Priate, Tri;

Where code would use short name of each faction with 'Gen' for general included if specific ship and weapons are for general usage besides specific faction.

That way, filter can use these codename to filter the ship and weapons when customizing filters to display ships and weapons on screen.

StarSchulz

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [Suggestion] filter tab for factionalized ships and weapons
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 01:03:00 PM »

Something like this would be certainly helpful. I installed just a few too many mods and it is hard to keep track of which weapons came from which mod.

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 02:52:51 PM »

Most vanilla stuff isn't really associated with any faction, but all mod content kinda is. I would certainly appreciate this.
I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 12:46:17 AM »

Most mod weapons use the same theme as their ships do, once you know a faction just by colors and looks, you can tell what weapons belong to who, I wouldn't say no to a list however.