Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Radar  (Read 1946 times)

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Radar
« on: December 20, 2015, 06:20:37 AM »

This feuture has ruined this game...and I just lost my game because Im stuck in a situation I cant get out of because for some *** reason the enemy has great radar...*** they can see you across the map and are already on there way. I mean I guess I shouldnt be surprised I mean it is a metaphor for how the game is going...and no dont tell me to give advice because every and I mean EVERY *** game I give advice to goes victory or sovengaurd and they disregard my advice and choose *** sovengaurd *** everytime. This feature has ruined the whole game in one fell swoop

Cik

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Radar
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 06:41:20 AM »

hit go dark

Spoorthuzad

• Captain
  • Looking right into your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 06:44:43 AM »

This feuture has ruined this game...and I just lost my game because Im stuck in a situation I cant get out of because for some *** reason the enemy has great radar...*** they can see you across the map and are already on there way. I mean I guess I shouldnt be surprised I mean it is a metaphor for how the game is going...and no dont tell me to give advice because every and I mean EVERY *** game I give advice to goes victory or sovengaurd and they disregard my advice and choose *** sovengaurd *** everytime. This feature has ruined the whole game in one fell swoop

Not sure what you exactly have difficulty with.

The way I play is that in the beginning I stay mostly stay in corvus until I have farmed enough pirates that I can buy atleast one destroyer. I also don't turn off my transponder.
Works for me.

Cik

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 06:47:31 AM »

it's all in transponder management imo

once you leave the perimeter of civilized space turn it off to avoid getting jumped by fleets you can't handle.

stay below cruisers until you have tech for augmented engines.

exploit high burn speed to have the initiative to start engagements only with forces you can beat.

???

win the game

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2015, 07:54:21 AM »

@ Lopunny Zen: you opened the same content free thread two days ago and it was subsequently closed. You'll get a PM.

There's no suggestion here, so I'll close the thread. Thanks to everybody who tried to help.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 08:13:20 AM by Gothars »
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.