Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19

Author Topic: [0.97a] Combat Chatter v1.14.1 (update 2024-02-18)  (Read 467125 times)

Killian

• Commander
  • I got 99 problems but a core breach ain't one.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Combat Chatter v1.11.2 (update 2021-05-26)
« Reply #195 on: June 30, 2021, 03:06:00 PM »

Right, didn't have much luck finding anything satisfactory for the tweaks, but here we are.

Changes:
- Corrected some of the tlhIngan Hol used in the startrek_klingon character, tweaked a couple of lines, added a couple of proverbs/sayings.
- Added the startrek_federation character. Good for goodly heroic types, should be blacklisted from pirates/luddies. M/F, steady/cautious/reckless. Includes gratuitous attack pattern callouts. Yes I've been playing STO lately, what of it?
- Added the d2_drifter character. Y'all ready to bang knuckles? Male only, steady/reckless/aggressive. One mention of "ghosts", but otherwise just generic quotes.
- Added the d2_shaxx character. He isn't sure who to be angry at. Male only, steady/reckless/aggressive. No explicit Destiny references.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/6omm65bpcs0okqq/CC-Arc%2527s_Updates.zip/file

Only includes the actual character .json files, no .csvs for the faction tags and such. I'm not entirely happy with the running/retreat lines for the Federation Captain but I couldn't think of anything good. Category tags/etc. are set up, so they can be filtered out with the disallowed tags if desired.

I'll see if I can't make some more later.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #196 on: July 02, 2021, 07:42:08 AM »

Nice, thanks!

DeclanFrost

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 09, 2021, 01:16:59 PM »

How do I add custom chatter characters? I tried downloading Arcalane's and tweaking them but it didn't let me add the characters to my officers (ID not found). I added the character filenames to the characters.csv but it just made me crash upon loading my game.

Killian

• Commander
  • I got 99 problems but a core breach ain't one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 09, 2021, 01:51:52 PM »

Very odd. I tested the startrek_federation character ingame and it worked just fine, all I had to do was add it to characters.csv and character_factions.csv.

You can check the .log files in /starsector-core/, that might have more hints. Doublecheck your tweaks as well as it might be you made a typo or something.

DeclanFrost

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 09, 2021, 02:37:23 PM »

Just fixed it. I broke something in the shaxx file so I just deleted it.

JUDGE! slowpersun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 15, 2021, 10:48:12 PM »

I'm sure this has prolly been asked before and I just don't want to wade through 15+ pages of posts to find it, but while it is much easier for this mod to just display the chatter as texts, why just text?  Audible "radio" chatter with static would be far more realistic, albeit way more of a pain to add since someone(s) has to record it all.  Is it because there is some coding issue behind the scenes that prohibits having such added sound that isn't linked to weapons, or is it just because a pain to record everything and add static overlays, etc.?  Or maybe just it would increase size of mod too much?

I'm half asking out of curiosity and half because I don't always want to look away from a tense fight to read relevant chatter (or entertaining, or relevant AND entertaining).  If it's just because audible chatter might be distracting or cover up some other relevant sound, I guess an option can always be added somewhere to either turn the audible chatter off, or just have more important sounds override the chatter...
I wasn't always a Judge...

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #201 on: July 15, 2021, 11:58:49 PM »

It already supports playing sounds with the lines. But commissioning voice acting is about 400% more work than I want to do for the mod.
(A lot of the characters use existing lines from games, whose sound files I could take. But that's a different set of complications, and it'd be pretty weird if some but not all of the lines were voiced.)

JAL28

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 13, 2021, 09:15:36 PM »

Is it possible to add AI core-exclusive characters, linked to either only AI cores or their unique "fearless" trait(sure fearless is just reckless but it must have a unique code to be able to latch on right?)

Please I just want my alpha core to say "Observation: This is a GREAT opportunity for slaughter" as it rides into battle piloting a Radiant

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #203 on: August 15, 2021, 08:17:39 PM »

Is it possible to add AI core-exclusive characters, linked to either only AI cores or their unique "fearless" trait(sure fearless is just reckless but it must have a unique code to be able to latch on right?)

Please I just want my alpha core to say "Observation: This is a GREAT opportunity for slaughter" as it rides into battle piloting a Radiant
So I just checked and AI cores just have the regular reckless personality, at least according to the personality ID, so can't detect cores that way.

You can still manually assign the AI personality with the SetChatterChar console command, specifying "Alpha Core" (or beta or gamma for the corresponding cores) as the officer's first name.
This should also work for the officer_name_to_character.csv file in data/config/chatter, but only one chatter character can be specified per officer name.

I think I'll add detection and tagging of AI officers in the next mod version.

MrMagolor

• Lieutenant
  • So-called translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 10, 2021, 01:44:21 PM »

While this is obviously a very low priority, it would be neat to see faction graphics support for other mods, (unless it is supported already).

Off the top of my head,
Spoiler
the Abyssal Horror and Mess
[close]
from Hazard Mining would be pretty good candidates.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.95a] Combat Chatter v1.11.3 (update 2021-10-31)
« Reply #205 on: October 30, 2021, 10:36:53 PM »

Been a while since last update, but I ought to get out all the characters my contributors so kindly submitted.

Combat Chatter v1.11.3
Download

Changelog
v1.11.3
* New original characters by Seele: agent, corpo, merc, negotiator
* New third-party characters: acecombat_archange, acecombat_pixy, acecombat_sacs, d2_drifter, d2_shaxx, deadsun_executor, pw_comic, pw_diplomat, pw_galaxy, pw_kaiser, startrek_federation
    * Thanks to AlexAtheos, Arcalane, Avanitia and Unit9461 for compiling these
* Add setting to restrict AI officers to certain characters (defined in `character_factions.csv`)
* Fleet intros can be enforced for certain factions as well as fleet types
* Fix a memory leak with LazyLib 2.6 and older

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.95a] Combat Chatter v1.11.4 (fixes 2021-11-10)
« Reply #206 on: November 09, 2021, 06:55:38 PM »

Update to fix an issue that was bothering me ("shut up Bender, I didn't even watch your cartoon")

Combat Chatter v1.11.4
Download

Changelog
v1.11.4
* Remove gender and personality restrictions when picking characters for AI cores
    * Also otherwise expand characters available to AI officers
* Fix some typos

Nine Ball

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 09, 2021, 07:20:52 PM »

Thanks for the update!

Ive found that when playing this mod I tend to lose out on a lot of dialoge as I'm focussed on the action occuring to, and immidiately around my flagship.

Do you think there would be a way of having the chatter appear directly above the relavent ship? Perhaps something similar to the combat status affects that occur when repairing malfunctions? Having an alied ship pull up beside the flagship and deliver a line or two of chatter feels like it would be quite effective in building the 'character' of the speaking officer.

Thanks again

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #208 on: November 11, 2021, 05:31:28 AM »

Thanks for the update!

Ive found that when playing this mod I tend to lose out on a lot of dialoge as I'm focussed on the action occuring to, and immidiately around my flagship.

Do you think there would be a way of having the chatter appear directly above the relavent ship? Perhaps something similar to the combat status affects that occur when repairing malfunctions? Having an alied ship pull up beside the flagship and deliver a line or two of chatter feels like it would be quite effective in building the 'character' of the speaking officer.
:ok hand:

The dialog text does appear over ships, actually! In fact, this is the original form. But it's even easier to miss in the middle of the action than the chatbox I find (which is why I added the box).

ciph

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 12, 2022, 04:10:29 AM »

Thank you Histidine for a great mod. I do enjoy watch my officer talk and provide useful info sometimes.

But I have a problem. I am using 4k monitor..so the chatter box is very very small in the upper right corner and it's overlapping with the command point tiny icon. Is it possible to slightly tweak the position and the font size of the chatter box? That would be great for a poor 4k monitor user :)
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19