Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19

Author Topic: [0.97a] Combat Chatter v1.14.1 (update 2024-02-18)  (Read 464030 times)

Sticks

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Combat Chatter v1.9.2d (update 2019-05-11)
« Reply #150 on: October 06, 2019, 03:19:29 PM »

I don't know if im missing something obvious (although knowing me, I just might be) But is there a way to see the enemy combat chatter? ive been looking around the mod-section and just can't seem to find any sort of answer.

Recklessimpulse

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 06, 2019, 03:52:18 PM »

I don't think so.

AzyWng

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 12, 2019, 04:29:43 PM »

Possibly even assigning a personality to an officer? (much mroe complicated)

Officers already have personalities assigned to them, depending on their gender, their combat personality (timid, cautious, steady, aggressive, or reckless), and a weighted number. All of this is determined by values assigned in the .json files for each personality.

I believe you can make your own personality files by copying a personality file, giving it the name of your choice, and then filling in all the information (gender, tags, talkativeness, etc.) Once you're done with that, then add the personality file to the "characters" spreadsheet (I think).

I don't know if it's possible to change an officer's personality, however.

Valikdu

• Lieutenant
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 02, 2019, 03:08:41 AM »

Thanks for the mod!

P.S.: Sola is best girl
My Dwarf Fortress Mod: DESOLATION 1.5
My Channel: V. S. Cosplay

Nym

• Ensign
  • Clearly Organic Life Form
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 22, 2019, 03:29:36 AM »

Very nice mod, specially in space where people are barely heard outside of communications.
It reminds me that I have a crew on a ship I dispatched on a unsuitable ship that's about to die and lets me recall them for retreat before they blow up.
Hard to notice in the middle of a mess that's a space combat with ships everywhere.

It also makes me remember that we desperately need a customization recruitment mod, but sometimes it's just fun to encounter a chance of random alien characters.
My Ancestors were Toasters.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Combat Chatter v1.9.3 (update 2020-04-26)
« Reply #155 on: April 25, 2020, 06:52:12 PM »

Wow, has it been almost a year since the last update?

The new trial feature in this release is a message box that serves as an additional location to display (some) floater messages, including from ships out of player sight. Example:

If you find you dislike it, it can be turned off in chatterConfig.json.

Combat Chatter v1.9.3
Download

Changelog

* Some floater text is now also displayed in a message area on right
    * Can be disabled in config
* "Running" state dialog now used when ship is retreating
* Add FNV character collection compiled by AzyWng
* Add character: acecombat_torres
* Add config multiplier to make gender-specific characters more likely to be picked
* Mod requires LazyLib again

seewen

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 24, 2020, 03:32:11 AM »

Thanks for this mod ! It's really helpful.

But there's a small "bug" with it (or with "Version Checker"): Version Checker think that 1.9.2d is the latest version

(See attachment)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #157 on: May 24, 2020, 05:59:41 AM »

But there's a small "bug" with it (or with "Version Checker"): Version Checker think that 1.9.2d is the latest version
Oops, forgot to update the version file on website. Fixed, thanks!

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 03, 2020, 05:54:31 PM »

Hello, really enjoying your mod and I've used it for a bit with no issues but I now have a repeatable crash when I go into battle. Here is the crash from the log:

225085 [Thread-8] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Cleaning up music with id [steel_rain.ogg]
225314 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Parameter specified as non-null is null: method org.lazywizard.lazylib.ui.LazyFont.createText, parameter text
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Parameter specified as non-null is null: method org.lazywizard.lazylib.ui.LazyFont.createText, parameter text
   at org.lazywizard.lazylib.ui.LazyFont.createText(LazyFont.kt)
   at org.lazywizard.lazylib.ui.LazyFont.createText$default(LazyFont.kt:364)
   at org.lazywizard.lazylib.ui.LazyFont.createText(LazyFont.kt)
   at org.histidine.chatter.combat.ChatterCombatPlugin.drawMessage(.java:902)
   at org.histidine.chatter.combat.ChatterCombatPlugin.drawMessages(ChatterCombatPlugin.java:960)
   at org.histidine.chatter.combat.ChatterCombatPlugin.advance(ChatterCombatPlugin.java:643)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.Object.float$Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.oOOO.B.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
225367 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Creating streaming player for music with id [Spacer15Seconds.ogg]

I run with several mods alongside yours but the error specifically mentions "ChatterCombatPlugin" which I assume is from your mod. Any help would be appreciated.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #159 on: June 04, 2020, 02:37:25 AM »

Hmm. Do you have any ships with no name (name field is empty in refit screen)? Have you installed any untranslated Chinese mods, or otherwise modified the game's fonts?

As a workaround you can open chatterConfig.json in the mod folder and disable the chatterBox setting.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 04, 2020, 04:14:42 AM »

OK I checked and all my ships have names. I only use mods from here, no chineses ones installed that I am aware of. While I was doing that I realized this happened after I picked up a Reinforcer (D) Class ship from the Galaxy Tiger faction mod. I resarted the fight with it not in the mix and no crash. I saved, started another fight with a Remnant fleet and I get the crash. I aplogize for not having realized this earlier but I believe it may me an interaction between your mod and the ship from that mod. I will bring it to thier attention and see if it is repeatable.

Thank you for looking into it

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Combat Chatter v1.9.4 (update 2020-08-09)
« Reply #161 on: August 08, 2020, 08:11:11 PM »

Update to go with the Nexerelin one.

Combat Chatter v1.9.4
Download

Changelog

* Add characters compiled by MShadowy: starfox_andross, starfox_area6, starfox_mechbeth, dd_narrator
* Add/modify some lines for acecombat_torres
* Add optional "officer mode" setting for chat box
* Add handling for force-picking specific chatter characters based on officer's name
* Disable chatter for fighter-sized "ships" (mod compatibility)
* Fix potential loading bug when CSVs have empty rows
* Move chatter box font settings to config

majorfreak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 10, 2020, 05:43:53 AM »

Update to go with the Nexerelin one.
sorry to be a bother, but i really need that font size to work for the ships...i have max zoom at 8 and although i like to use it sometimes i'm mostly around level 4 for zoom and i have a really hard time spotting the popup text above a ship. i've tried increasing the font size to 100 to test (i've steadily increased the number over time) and it's just not working.

(i've also disabled the left side box because i don't want chatter to happen except for the ships i am interested in looking at - the other off screen info comes up in the left hand box anyways)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #163 on: August 10, 2020, 08:18:05 AM »

The font settings are only for the chat box. There's no setting for the popups above ships, although I could add one.

majorfreak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 10, 2020, 02:03:36 PM »

The font settings are only for the chat box. There's no setting for the popups above ships, although I could add one.
oh thank goodness, i thought you were going to say it's hardcoded. i do hope others express interest. i'm surprised noone's asked you about it all this time - especially those who've adjusted the 'zoom' setting ingame upwards to something like what that tournament youtuber displays. (obviously it would be a bit silly to see 100 size fonts at max zoom, but if you check it out they're really hard to see at anything more than the official alex sanctioned max zoom.)

I do appreciate you adding that chat box on the right. although it's not for me (feels like too much clutter with both left and right spamming away; i like the roleplay aspect of seeing chatter of those i'm actually interested in having onscreen), i do realize having off screen chatter show up in that box you recently added is very useful to others who don't share my perspective. thanks =)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 02:07:01 PM by majorfreak »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19