Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19

Author Topic: [0.97a] Combat Chatter v1.14.1 (update 2024-02-18)  (Read 463985 times)

Panteradactyl

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Combat Chatter v1.11.1 (update 2021-03-28)
« Reply #180 on: April 05, 2021, 05:11:33 PM »

If you haven't played Wasteland 3 yet, the various voiced lines for the player-designed Rangers in that game have some good dialogue that would work well in this mod. My personal favorite one being "I'd gloat, but you're all dead!" said by the "Smartass" archetype character after winning a fight.

Also, I'd like to say excellent job on the Luddite Fanatic voice. It's my absolute favorite, and I make it my mission to find a reckless Luddie officer with that voice and stick them in a Legion XIV armed with Hammer Barrages and Perdition bombers.

RemnantAI

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 05, 2021, 06:16:13 PM »

The mod is excellent. Thank you.

NoMercyForLudds_

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 08, 2021, 05:09:46 PM »

I like this mod a lot - a huge thank you to the dev! (The only thing that seemed unusual was officers spelling out full sentences in the middle of combat -- this was unusual even to my non-native-speaker eye)

Any chance of a bad-language sub-mod? With some funny/clever swearing?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #183 on: April 08, 2021, 06:35:45 PM »

Thanks for the compliments, fellas!

Is there customization/documentation of the into splash availability? I'm not sure what the conditions are for the splash to appear.
If you haven't already, see the link in the post above yours :)

Any chance of a bad-language sub-mod? With some funny/clever swearing?
There's one existing character in that regard (named 'foulmouth'), can be enabled by removing the profanity tag from the config file's disallowedTags list.
Don't have any others to add though.

Malignity.

• Ensign
  • Hi, im on steam, if you want to add me: PM =)
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 19, 2021, 01:34:02 PM »

hey histi, thanks for making this mod. its great
The night draws near and daylight fades
Ignore the voices discard the day
For the brand new darkness for the bright new way
Hit

ThatOneWeirdo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 22, 2021, 01:33:23 AM »

Oh my god I got the Darkest Dungeon narrator on a modded ship that was a WH40K recolor and it's the best thing ever! I played DD for about 6 months and I just had to come over here and say thank you for the mod! Hahaha ;D

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.95a] Combat Chatter v1.11.2 (update 2021-05-26)
« Reply #186 on: May 26, 2021, 01:27:05 AM »

Added a few things.

Combat Chatter v1.11.2
Download

Changelog
v1.11.2
* Fleet intros can have a static effect
* Intros for Guardian and 0.95's special ships
* Add characters: pw_crimson1, pw_prez
* Console command to set character works for AI core captains
* Set intro splash name for person bounty fleets to the target person's name (can be toggled in settings.json)
* Fix a potential error when using SetChatterChar in campaign
* Intro splash: Fix text height autoscaling for fleet name

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 02, 2021, 03:26:43 AM »

Really nice! I'll pick this up real quick!

Thank you for providing amazing immersion to all my campaigns which had the pleasure of having this mod in the folder by the way. It's a compliment that is long overdue but it's better late than never  ::)

Spoiler
[close]

Edit: It's likely I've referred to you as "Hindistein" in some of my replies. Sorry  :P

Edit 2: I've actually looked up Hindistein on google translate and it's actually a Turkish word for India. #TheMoreYouKnow
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 03:31:12 AM by Arcagnello »
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

Faeren

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 22, 2021, 02:15:23 AM »

I'm really not super anal about memes in the combat chatter, but the Memri.tv lines seem to come up way too often and are a bit on the nose IMO, would like it to be a bit more varied and subtle.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 02:17:25 AM by Faeren »

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 22, 2021, 04:29:29 AM »

I'm really not super anal about memes in the combat chatter, but the Memri.tv lines seem to come up way too often and are a bit on the nose IMO, would like it to be a bit more varied and subtle.

Luddite memri.tv? may just need a few edits to make it more lore friendly  ;D

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #190 on: June 23, 2021, 03:14:57 AM »

Yeah it's pretty memey.
You can modify data/config/chatter/characters/luddfanatic.json (can change frequency of the character appearing, the frequency with which it talks, or the lines themselves).

Faeren

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 24, 2021, 04:31:40 AM »

Yeah it's pretty memey.
You can modify data/config/chatter/characters/luddfanatic.json (can change frequency of the character appearing, the frequency with which it talks, or the lines themselves).
Huh, have you tied the kind of character the ship gets to the kind of ships? Just ocurred to me I've been using LP frigates a lot in my last few games which could be why I'm getting these lines so often if you've tied this "character" to LP ships lmao. Cool system if so, I'd thought the lines were just pulled from one big pool hence the feedback, could maybe use a bigger pool of lines on that one perhaps though.

Killian

• Commander
  • I got 99 problems but a core breach ain't one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 25, 2021, 08:30:09 AM »

Huh, have you tied the kind of character the ship gets to the kind of ships? Just ocurred to me I've been using LP frigates a lot in my last few games which could be why I'm getting these lines so often if you've tied this "character" to LP ships lmao. Cool system if so, I'd thought the lines were just pulled from one big pool hence the feedback, could maybe use a bigger pool of lines on that one perhaps though.

It primarily depends on officer type, or faction tag for non-officer, non-player ships. I think non-officer player ships pick pretty much entirely at random.

Note that if you grab the Console Commands mod you can also reassign an officer's character file. I had to do this since one of my early officers was apparently using the robotic set for reasons I can't fathom. It was a little jarring to see this fresh-faced meatbag talking like a robot and never using capital letters...

@Histi- what's your stance on submission of custom characters or corrections to existing ones? I have a couple I've been experimenting with. Knowing exactly what triggers what event would be helpful though (particularly the difference between "retreat" and "running").

Also kinda surprised there's no "target destroyed" event, come to think of it.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #193 on: June 25, 2021, 06:42:28 PM »

It's not tied to ship, although each chatter character has defined personalities and genders it's allowed for.
There used to be a tagging system for matching characters to factions, but IIRC it's disabled by default.

@Histi- what's your stance on submission of custom characters or corrections to existing ones? I have a couple I've been experimenting with. Knowing exactly what triggers what event would be helpful though (particularly the difference between "retreat" and "running").

Submissions and corrections are always welcome :)

On the message types: 'running' is when a ship is moving away from the enemy, 'retreat' is when the fleet is in full retreat. The others should have self-explanatory names more or less, but I should note that a few of them (specifically need help, running, engaging and pursuing) are based on the ship's internal AI flags, which is somewhat opaque and I don't fully understand them myself.

There's no target destroyed message because there wasn't a "good" way to detect who killed a ship. I think it's easier in 0.95, but don't feel like re-examining the feature at present.

Killian

• Commander
  • I got 99 problems but a core breach ain't one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 25, 2021, 10:45:04 PM »

Submissions and corrections are always welcome :)

On the message types: 'running' is when a ship is moving away from the enemy, 'retreat' is when the fleet is in full retreat. The others should have self-explanatory names more or less, but I should note that a few of them (specifically need help, running, engaging and pursuing) are based on the ship's internal AI flags, which is somewhat opaque and I don't fully understand them myself.

There's no target destroyed message because there wasn't a "good" way to detect who killed a ship. I think it's easier in 0.95, but don't feel like re-examining the feature at present.

Fair. I can certainly see how it might be tricky to hook into that sort of stuff.

I need to switch around a couple then, I think. Once I've got the polish done I'll see about uploading them.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19