Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: [0.8.1a] Steiner Foundation v1.2.1 – Easier campaign (update 2018-09-20)  (Read 83497 times)

Very Good

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Steiner Foundation v1.0.1 – Campaign difficulty reducer
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2016, 05:18:06 PM »

Hey,it's not possible to make the stein be a global shop?Getting to the station cost so much supply and fuel.In a modded game with faction with their own homeworld and a bigger map,it's even worse.

SierraTangoDelta

• Commander
  • Who could it be?
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Steiner Foundation v1.0.1 – Campaign difficulty reducer
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2016, 12:31:14 PM »

You shouldn't really be going to the Steiner Foundation if you are at a point where you can go far out into the sector without any problems. They're for selling you solid early-mid game ships, if you're flying far out into different systems you shouldn't need what the Foundation has.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Steiner Foundation v1.0.2 – Easier campaign (fixes 2015-02-14)
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2016, 07:02:18 PM »

Bunch of fixes for this while I'm updating my other mods.

Steiner Foundation v1.0.2
Download

Changelog
Code
v1.0.2
* Fix too many ships in store; tweak weapon stocking on market update
* Fix wrong comparison sign for max level in Foundation market tooltip
* Fix sometimes not getting free weapon upon donation

SierraTangoDelta

• Commander
  • Who could it be?
    • View Profile

Will this work with 7.2a? Are there any real changes that need to be made to it?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile

Will this work with 7.2a? Are there any real changes that need to be made to it?
Haven't tested but it should work as it currently is. If it doesn't, well, let me know!

SierraTangoDelta

• Commander
  • Who could it be?
    • View Profile

Gonna update my mod list today most likely so I shall let you know

SierraTangoDelta

• Commander
  • Who could it be?
    • View Profile

Haven't had any bugs yet.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile

Now: a Tutorial Mission™!

Spoiler

[close]

Steiner Foundation v1.1
Download

Changelog
Code
v1.1
* Add tutorial mission
* Foundation store tweaks/fixes:
    * Supports Ship/Weapon Pack, correctly handles future SS+ versions
    * Note: Any SS+ version older than 3.4.0 is no longer supported!
    * Don't break if a listed ship doesn't exist
* Lawson's Point starts orbit closer to Jangala and Barad; fix orbit speed

Orikson

• Captain
  • Always Seen on Discord
    • View Profile

Just reporting a interesting flaw. I loaded the Steiner Foundation with its required mods and utility mods (no other faction mods, Nexerelin or Dynasector; just the core game) for a Vanilla play through and to ease up the early game pressure a bit.

There's nothing wrong with the mod itself, but when a player starts with a the option of 'Smuggler' and having chosen 'made a deal with a prominent pirate captain', it creates a situation where the combat related portion of the tutorial after accepting it at Lawson's Point is unable to be carried out. This ultimately fails the tutorial mission.

The reason would obviously be because of the relationship status with the pirates (<50) and the neutral relations with the independent. Neither trust the player to allow them to join the combat.

I haven't run through all the options where the relationship with the pirates may fall below that mark though.
"A story teller and a trader. Tell me your tales and I'll tell you no lies."

Come join the Starsector Fan Chat! It's decently active.

Link: https://discord.gg/eb5UC

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile

Fixy fixy!

Steiner Foundation v1.1.1
Download

Changelog
Code
v1.1.1
* Disable tutorial mission if not hostile to pirates at start
* Foundation representatives can be added/removed if market faction changes
* Add faction exception list for adding representatives

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile

Update for 0.8.1a!

Dunno if want to continue this mod henceforth, the vanilla early game should now be sufficiently tame that the Foundation is no longer required.

Steiner Foundation v1.2
Download

Changelog
Code
v1.2
* Updates/compatibility for Starsector 0.8.1
    * Disable tutorial mission
    * Rescale levels for insurance
* Insurance makes a small payout for recovered ships, covers dead/MIA officers (from Nexerelin)
* Nexerelin: Lawson's Point can't be invaded; better placement in non-Corvus mode
* Add a memory key to let mod markets not have Foundation representatives
* Some text/dialog fixes/improvements

Recklessimpulse

• Commander
    • View Profile

Some people still find it steep, especially if they don't want to spend points in the industry (money) tree. not every one has found storms easily navigable, some complaints have been fielded about how far pirate bounties are from civilization and supposedly they have been nerfed somehow? I don't need it but it still is a really nice mod for beginners.

BHunterSEAL

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Thoughts from someone who doesn't mind the vanilla curve, but likes where Steiner seems to be going:

- The military ship availability eliminates a big part of the growth / player progression part of the game. The discount seems generous as well. I understand that's the point, but I'm not a big fan. Glad it can be largely ignored (by not patronizing the Steiner station).
- I like the insurance feature but would prefer to have to pay for it (i.e., disabled by default but purchaseable through an option in markets, for maybe 40-50% of fleet / ship value). Not sure how feasible that is, but it would totally make this mod go from an optional "easy mode" to a must-have for most players. That could be something to be enabled/disabled through an options file.
- Love the relationship bribing. Most freeform-type games have something like that and it's a great addition that almost makes this a must-have.
- Super excited for loans and the potential consequences of nonpayment (i.e. bounty hunters).

OzarMidrashim

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I'm either stupid and forgot, or has something changed?
I can't find agent to start those missions at the beginning (like one where we are trained how to use sensors and smuggle etc.), there is no one on Steiner or Jangala station other than representatives to bribe.
Mods are like drugs for games - they allow to customise and expand experiance...
...yet be carefull not to mix to much or overload...as conflicts yield terrible results.
There is only one rule always in (load)order...be responsible and know what you're doing.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile

I'm either stupid and forgot, or has something changed?
I can't find agent to start those missions at the beginning (like one where we are trained how to use sensors and smuggle etc.), there is no one on Steiner or Jangala station other than representatives to bribe.
I removed the Steiner tutorial because there's a better vanilla tutorial now.
Pages: 1 [2] 3