Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

Do you prefer fighting or helping the Crystanite?

Helping; the trinkets haven't done anything wrong!
- 15 (37.5%)
Depends; what pays more at the moment?
- 19 (47.5%)
Fighting; those xeno should be crushed like the glass they are!
- 6 (15%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: The Crystanite (Version 1.10b Hotfix) [0.8.1a compatible]  (Read 146163 times)

Nicke535

• Commander
  • Degenerate Core
    • View Profile
Re: The Crystanite (Version 1.10b Hotfix) [0.8.1a compatible]
« Reply #180 on: August 20, 2019, 10:23:34 AM »

I think his biggest crystalship is incorporated in one of missions in many mods i have.
This is in fact just a coincidence: both mods use the same sprite, but are otherwise completely different entities. Just another risk of using Spiral Arms sprites (which is why my newer projects don't). For the record, I *think* the mod in question is Ship and Weapon Pack, however I'm not certain.

Nicke had confirmed some time ago that he wasn't going to work on getting Crystanite to 9.1a anytime soon, so highly unlikely, as he may be working on other things.
Ah, yeah, I never did post that on the forums, did I?

I'm glad there's still people who think this looks like a cool mod. However, the Crystanite is on an undifined-length hiatus, depending on if I come up with some ways of
 - A: fixing some of the more glaring issues in the mod (such as content bloat, lack of complexity and balance), and
 - B: getting some new sprites that work well and fit better as an aesthetic

I've also been pretty preoccupied with studying and work, meaning starsector modding as a whole has been slow.

...of course, that's not to say I'm not working on anything: as some who visit the discord channel might have noted, I am currently busy updating the Vass (who are, despite not having a forum update for years, still in active development) to the standards I've achieved since their original inception and with a completely new sprite-set from Gwyvern. I've also been supplying smaller modding scripts to various modders and mods when necessary, so while I'm not very forum-active I'm still very much involved in starsector modding.

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 20, 2019, 11:50:16 AM »

I think his biggest crystalship is incorporated in one of missions in many mods i have.
This is in fact just a coincidence: both mods use the same sprite, but are otherwise completely different entities. Just another risk of using Spiral Arms sprites (which is why my newer projects don't). For the record, I *think* the mod in question is Ship and Weapon Pack, however I'm not certain.
Yeah, one/two of them (neither of them the biggest) appear in SWP's Arcade mission as miniboss(es), though NOT in the campaign.

Kali666

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 17, 2020, 02:18:53 PM »

Shame it's not updated, I loved the unique idea behind the faction, I wish we had more alien race mods

connortron7

• Captain
  • "God has cursed me for my hubris" - brian gilbert
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 17, 2020, 04:08:10 PM »

Shame it's not updated, I loved the unique idea behind the faction, I wish we had more alien race mods

Dude... its against thr forums rules to necro a thread like this.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]