Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Valhalla Warzone  (Read 4201 times)

Abradolf Lincler

• Commander
    • View Profile
Valhalla Warzone
« on: December 01, 2015, 06:28:57 PM »

IMO I think Valhalla feels too tame, it's the only system(that I know of) That has two warring factions residing in it. I feel that there needs to be more going on there, Tri tach flotillas, Hegemony War Fleets, big fleet action that you can join in on if you're allied with one of said factions. Right now it's just some trade fleets, and every once and awhile, a couple patrols go at it. To me it feels like a missed opportunity for some real destructive fun.

(And I think there should be both a Tri tach, and a hegemony military station there, Kinda Like a FOB, Somethin to resupply the front lines.)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Valhalla Warzone
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 06:31:05 PM »

This is more or less the idea for Valhalla, btw. There's just not any real support for "faction war" yet, so it's not happening there.

Abradolf Lincler

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 06:39:24 PM »

There just used to be far more, faction hostilities, that you just don't see in the more recent updates, what happened to the big Flotillas that the Tri Tachyon used to field? Does that still happen? 

Clockwork Owl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Starsector South Korean Community
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 07:50:20 PM »

Need more TT bases there. Feels like the're cornered near Niflheim.

Pushover

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2015, 12:08:11 AM »

I feel like the current system is how it should be. Neither the Hegemony nor TT are committing to a major offensive, so it's down to minor border skirmishes. Still, an average of about 10 people are dying each day in the continual conflict. Would be cool to see big events when the Hegemony or TT launch an offensive, or TT unveils a new ship in their surprise raid.

Abradolf Lincler

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2015, 02:43:55 PM »

I feel like the current system is how it should be. Neither the Hegemony nor TT are committing to a major offensive, so it's down to minor border skirmishes. Still, an average of about 10 people are dying each day in the continual conflict. Would be cool to see big events when the Hegemony or TT launch an offensive, or TT unveils a new ship in their surprise raid.

Yeah but that's boring, within the ultimate freedom of video games, large scale destruction reigns supreme. Think about it, who would want to play a game where you were a border guard on the DMZ in Korea?

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2015, 03:11:04 PM »

Yeah but that's boring, within the ultimate freedom of video games, large scale destruction reigns supreme. Think about it, who would want to play a game where you were a border guard on the DMZ in Korea?

*cough* Papers, Please *cough*

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2015, 03:12:19 PM »

This is why I post that I want to find my own faction and destroy the rest of the factions.  You side with a faction, you become an attack dog at best, paperboy at worst.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2015, 04:43:14 PM »

Maybe that's not the biggest point of this video game. :P
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Pushover

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2015, 06:19:02 PM »

That's why the AI is playing the DMZ border guard. You might get into some fights yourself with the border patrol, but the Hegemony and TT are not currently sending massive fleets in the system. They are just making sure each side knows that they are still serious.

I'm assuming later on, there will be things like buildups of forces and offensives in the system, where you can join in on one side or the other to be a part of a major attack or defense. But for day to day actions, I think Valhalla is about right.