Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Joining the battle burn drive collisions  (Read 1818 times)

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Joining the battle burn drive collisions
« on: December 01, 2015, 03:20:38 PM »

Spoiler

Yes, he managed to wrap completely around the venture and end up in front of it. Good times were had by all.
[close]

Maybe not quite a bug, but hopefully unintended and removable behavior. I joined a fight that my allies had started and they therefore deployed slightly ahead of me. Just far enough ahead, in fact, that my ships promptly burn drived (drove?) straight up their backsides, taking a decent amount of damage. Hopefully this is a simple "clear this starting area when generating the battle-in-progress map.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Joining the battle burn drive collisions
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 03:30:34 PM »

It's not auto-deploying your stuff, right? Meaning you can see whether there's stuff in the way before deploying?

I'm hesitant to just move stuff forward because it could create weird situations where ships either collide with other ships, get killed, etc.

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Joining the battle burn drive collisions
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 04:08:32 PM »

Correct, it is just me hitting all -> deploy at the screen that automatically pops up at the beginning of combat instead of deploying nothing and reviewing the map first. Maybe for joining an ally's combat don't bring up the deployment screen right away? Admittedly it's muscle memory for solo combat where I never had to check before now.

I'm hesitant to just move stuff forward because it could create weird situations where ships either collide with other ships, get killed, etc.

Basically what's happening here though. It is my/the player's responsibility to verify the area is clear I guess. On the one hand, a stupid mistake that will teach someone quickly to not immediately deploy like that. On the other hand, it's not fun just waiting around for them to clear out of the initial deployment zone. Judgement call for you, lesson learned for me.