Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: [0.9.1a][Discontinued] Artefact  (Read 212903 times)

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Looters factions v1.0
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2015, 04:57:52 AM »

Better? (clic for obtain this fix)
Spoiler

[close]
I am pretty bad on english. So, sorry in advance.

Gladiator Society
Add battle options on Com Relay/ Framework for modders for add their own bounty.

Sanguinary Autonomist Defectors A fan-mod of Shadowyard.

DinoZavarski

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2015, 03:26:35 AM »

There is a file name case related typo in your last release that prevents game for loading on case sensitive OS.

In data/campaign/channels.json "crest_Looters.png" has to be "Crest_Looters.png"
Me no know, me no understand, me just root...

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2015, 10:57:50 PM »

Ah yes, thank. I fix when i can. Sorry for this error.

Also, 6+players who use this small mod, maybe it is sample mod who do not use very hot your RAM? Or just easy faction to kill, ah ah. Thank you.

EDIT: because i am french, i  have not understand this error . Now, i have understand, this is very big fail. ( I hate when computer not see difference with c and C. And when, he see error, i lose many times.)

EDIT: 16/12/2015 : Fail, i have fix link, ah ah. Sorry '.' , i have forgot change link .rar > .zip
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 03:30:21 AM by Snrasha »

Gladiator Society
Add battle options on Com Relay/ Framework for modders for add their own bounty.

DinoZavarski

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2015, 05:38:48 AM »

Also, 6+players who use this small mod, maybe it is sample mod who do not use very hot your RAM? Or just easy faction to kill, ah ah. Thank you.

Actually - to play as Looter. Even since i managed to make working SS7.1/SS+/Nexerlin instalation.And it's not about memory (currently to run the game with SS+ and Nexerlin 64 bit Java has to be installed, without 4+G the game eventually crashes with "out of memory"). It's just that i find Looters to be nice starting faction for one who plans to  eventually build level 50+ frigate/figter swarm.

Still i think there are things that need to be tuned.

The Matriice wrap speed of 13 is overkill. Even if you make it 10 (9 without the injector hullmod) this will remain the fastest ship of this type in SS, but there will be a choice to be made: Get it, gain area denial capability in battle, but fall to wrap 10, losing the chance to catch easy pray and run from some rough enemies. Or keep using frigates and the few destroyers than can be tuned to reach 11, but keep away from any normal enemy fleet.

If you keep it as now Dark Revenant will have to eventually implement newscasts about Templar Martyr captains committing harakiri after watching for some time how infidels whizz past them in modified Atlases...

Also i think Arbalest was better choice as base for the Looter's modded kinetic cannon. It has acceptable damage, uses less OP and generates less flux. It has better performance on a Cos and the gap even increases when you level up. Tripple autocannon is better starter AI ships, And for low level AI Actually in my copy i set Matriice base speed to 9 and made Arbalest with range 1100, 210 flux and 50 shots/min (range 1000 is also ok if you have mod that provides sniper ai overide, otherwise AI fails to keep distance). Did not change damage but it keeps the slow projectile speed and the spread on burst of the Arbalest, so it's by no means a wonderweapon.

The new railgun somehow bugs me. It has to big range for a secondary and insufficient DPS to be primary on a frigate. It seems suitable only as auxiliary weapon on the Matrice spinal mounts (fits there really nice actually). I can build Tan with 6 railguns(m), aux thrusters, flux resistance and no capacitor/vent upgrades, set it with sniper override and it defeats most standard frigates that have no EMP missiles (and later, with point defence AI it defeats even them), using around 70-80% of it's deployment time. Against more than one enemy however it dies almost instantly. And any setup with less than 6 railguns is clearly inferior to autocannon(m) mixes (Frigates don't have endless CR). This does not feel right, i think you have to rebalance it. The stock railgun is good example - with skilled piloting, well placed use of "f" and careful flux management you can mount 4 on a Tan, and defeat multiple enemies. but mess things even a bit and just when you damage shields you'll have to run to vent (and each attack costs you some health). I think this is more fun, so if you tune it to fire faster but generate actual flux it will be usable on all Looter ships.

One last thing. The mining blaster on Auriga needs at least 1200 flux capacity to be able to shoot, while the hull only has 505. I think it may be good idea to ether increase it, or use another/modified weapon (Heavy mining laser maybe?). It's somehow strange to have on a ship build in weapon that can't shoot without upgrade.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 06:29:07 AM by DinoZavarski »

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2015, 07:02:20 AM »

My faction is a semi-weak faction, so how you win against a ship in SS+?  '.'
Also, a weapons or a ships can be useless in my mod, because, this is a pirate(Defective) faction! Ah ah!

The Matriice wrap speed of 13 is overkill. Even if you make it 10 (9 without the injector hullmod) this will remain the fastest ship of this type in SS, but there will be a choice to be made: Get it, gain area denial capability in battle, but fall to wrap 10, losing the chance to catch easy pray and run from some rough enemies. Or keep using frigates and the few destroyers than can be tuned to reach 11, but keep away from any normal enemy fleet.  Yes, you have reason, this ship is a movible station, not a ship who pursuit ship as Log, 13 => 9 now.

If you keep it as now Dark Revenant will have to eventually implement newscasts about Templar Martyr captains committing harakiri after watching for some time how infidels whizz past them in modified Atlases...
I do not understand this, sorry

Also i think Arbalest was better choice as base for the Looter's modded kinetic cannon. It has acceptable damage, uses less OP and generates less flux. It has better performance on a Cos and the gap even increases when you level up. Tripple autocannon is better starter AI ships, And for low level AI Actually in my copy i set Matriice base speed to 9 and made Arbalest with range 1100, 210 flux and 50 shots/min (range 1000 is also ok if you have mod that provides sniper ai overide, otherwise AI fails to keep distance). Did not change damage but it keeps the slow projectile speed and the spread on burst of the Arbalest, so it's by no means a wonderweapon.
Yes, i have forgot Arbalest, ah ah, i use never this weapon. Next version have this weapon,i replace 3 triple autocannon per arbalest for Matrice variant and replace also for Cos_cannon variant.

The new railgun somehow bugs me. It has to big range for a secondary and insufficient DPS to be primary on a frigate. It seems suitable only as auxiliary weapon on the Matrice spinal mounts (fits there really nice actually). I can build Tan with 6 railguns(m), aux thrusters, flux resistance and no capacitor/vent upgrades, set it with sniper override and it defeats most standard frigates that have no EMP missiles (and later, with point defence AI it defeats even them), using around 70-80% of it's deployment time. Against more than one enemy however it dies almost instantly. And any setup with less than 6 railguns is clearly inferior to autocannon(m) mixes (Frigates don't have endless CR). This does not feel right, i think you have to rebalance it. The stock railgun is good example - with skilled piloting, well placed use of "f" and careful flux management you can mount 4 on a Tan, and defeat multiple enemies. but mess things even a bit and just when you damage shields you'll have to run to vent (and each attack costs you some health). I think this is more fun, so if you tune it to fire faster but generate actual flux it will be usable on all Looter ships. Railgun(m) have not damage, just range, next version, more big projectile(because, before, just too small) // After, yes, autocannon(m) is useless because too expensive... i modifie this after, less cheap// For your last request, you request so, railgun have more firerate and more flux?// edit: Oups, fail

One last thing. The mining blaster on Auriga needs at least 1200 flux capacity to be able to shoot, while the hull only has 505. I think it may be good idea to ether increase it, or use another/modified weapon (Heavy mining laser maybe?). It's somehow strange to have on a ship build in weapon that can't shoot without upgrade. Oh, sorry for this fail, i fix this next version.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 07:56:41 AM by Snrasha »

Gladiator Society

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Looters factions v1.1e
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2015, 03:05:44 PM »

When I saw that, I sang a pirate song. (Ok, it is not a pirate song, just a french song of corsair, it is same thing.)
Spoiler

[close]

This ship is a first example of my project: Change all graphic ship for a obtain a same result. (Oh, this ship is not implemented for the moment.)
I search a guys who have teamspeak, mumble (so a microphone) for just talk Starsector and pirate.

And, i do not reply a message after this message, i just modified this message, because, people hate me for flood.

PS: So this mesage is a preview!

Update: Finish!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 04:39:39 AM by Snrasha »

Gladiator Society

DinoZavarski

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2015, 05:42:17 AM »

My faction is a semi-weak faction, so how you win against a ship in SS+?  '.'

Your faction is lo-tech, but why do you call it weak? It's just nice [kick]starter faction, specialized in asymmetric warfare. And as such both ships and weapons fit their roles. And the quick start with Looters is fun. Instead of being overpowered like oder kickstart factions (Templars, Spire or Citadel) they are fast and cheap, burn 11 allows them to fight only when they chose from the start of the game,  while with most factions you have to play many hours to build even burn 10 capable frigate task force. On the other end, risk assessment and tactics matter a lot more here, there are much more encounters you have to avoid even on high levels (and for Templars you are natural pray even on level 60+). But this does not mean you are weak. Damn, i was Lv.23 when i captured Corvus with frigates only, regardless of the 2 Onslaught task forces attempting to hunt me.

Btw, i played a lot with my copy of the mod. Adding (m)'s for all basic weapons from vanilla - single, double and heavy machineguns, single and double assault cannon, arbalest (as sniper cannon, doubled range) and hellbore. Also added large quad machinegun PD with range 1000.

Weapons are mdded on the base of this description: "All Looter weapons are precisely rebuild by hand from both salvaged and redesigned parts. Low power inertia compensator is added to cover their main body, improving turn rate and recoil, increasing range, projectile speed and damage, but lowering significantly fire rate as vibrations have to fall to their designed levels before next shot. Also an ion field projector on the muzzle charges launched projectiles, allowing them to do slight EM damage. With all changes flux levels are only a bit lower than stock regardles of the much lower ROF. Thanks to the well developed cottage industry in Looter space there is no overwhelming effect on the price tag." (added before the stock description)

Basiclaly Kinetics have 5% more per shot damage, HE/splash  - same, however ROF is adjusted even more to decrease DPS with the range % increase as factor (same factor is used for flux per shot, projectile speed and priice increase calculations). Also all weapons have EMP damage of 10% base damage, 20% faster turn and 15% less recoil.

A generic hullmod "Tuned Compensator" adds similar upgrade to any ship - by tunning it's inertia compensators it gives flat 10% improvement in range, turn/projectile speed and recoil for all ballistics at the price of 10/15/20/25 % of ship's flux capacity.

If you are interested in those changes i can send them to you.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 05:52:12 AM by DinoZavarski »

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Looters factions v1.2
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2015, 10:55:29 AM »

This moment, where i see a thing: I HAVE NOT FINISH MY MOD AHHHHH. I want always add thing. I have too time , today.

Question: Syracuse. Where does that name come from?  I give a half five if you have true answer or wrong, also.

Download

Version 1.2a:
- Cruiser Syracuse is less rare.
- Weapon is now REALLY vanilla modified: * (1.2,1.5)turn rate, * (1.2,1.5,2)range, *(1.2,2)projectile speed , / (1.2)damage
- Vulcan and arbalest have now green projectile.
- Log : Ordonnances points 96 => 86.
- Overall ship have a tiny upgrade of flux dissipation
- Add a chief ship very rare. (For boss bounty for SS+, after)
- Add a strange weapon for chief ship.
- Add a mission with this chief ship.(Good luck).

If you encounter this chief ship, take screenshoot and give me, you will receive a cookie.
This ship(spoil also):  (Why this ship is very better in game?)
Spoiler

[close]

DinoZavarski, next version(1.2b) (for text, now!), i have put your text modified(i put you in credits). Thank you
Spoiler
All Looter weapons are precisely rebuild by hand from both salvaged and redesigned parts. Low power inertia compensator is added to cover their main body, improving turn rate and increasing range, projectile speed , but less damage. Thanks to the well developed cottage industry in Looter space there is no overwhelming effect on the price tag.
[close]
Now, just ship and factions and i am good '.'  (Where i can find a writter for this? Hum...)

Version 1.2c  is released!

Do not fear. This ship controled by a IA, for same mission, have very very lose against this capitalship. But, ok, this IA is very coward, this ship is immune against missile( you can look, ah ah) and have very very big range, so if you have not range for kill engine of this ship, you are dead '.' (But, with a probability of 0.005% meet this ship, very not probable )

After a time, semi final version is out: 1.2e!!!!  Need just fix all test, and i can out 1.3,  but this is finish, i think.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 04:51:50 AM by Snrasha »

Gladiator Society

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Looters factions v1.2e
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2015, 04:48:22 PM »

Yes, for very many people, i have not finish my mod, but ah ah. I need just a reason for existence of my boss of looters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI8Q5FR0XCM

This faction have very same style, but very different, you can see, i think. I have not even create shipsystem and i guard surpris my hullmod, ah ah. I have not finish all ships and i have good answer with weapons. You like? '.'

Gladiator Society

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Looters factions v1.3 /// Artefact factions v0.3
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2016, 01:05:37 PM »

With my new two new versions of my two mods, i search a tester. Thank.  If possible by not play with Nexerelin ( Artefact is not playable for the moment with Nexerelin for the moment, so ah ah.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3peGjNHCq4

Gladiator Society

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Looters factions v1.3 /// Artefact factions v0.5
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2016, 01:32:08 PM »

Artefact version 0.5! Yeah, again not compatible with Nexerelin, ah ah. (3/4 my fault, if Nexerelin have not put Artefact version)

Changelogs:

Version 0.5:
-Nebula star system VERY BETTER.

-Hullmod deflect shield! (For all people!!)  (projectile deflect can have a very bad facing, but not my principal fault. I think)

Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hhwms1gbk-Q
(Beam have not this texture, now, very better)

(This ship have not shield, this is just for test)

AI WARS:  This is a shield, i approuve. And this ship is very cheat
[close]
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 02:42:37 AM by Snrasha »

Gladiator Society

Blaze

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2016, 05:06:49 PM »

So what is this "Power of blood" thing? Is it like the ship is alive or something?

Also, the ships are very, very vulnerable to missiles. And there aren't any point-defense (m) weapons.

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2016, 11:11:31 PM »

Vulcan(m) is a very cheat point defense ^^. Best weapon, ah ah.

Power of blood boost your engine (acceleration, decceleration, max turn rate, turn rate speed) but do not boost topspeed. 
Normally , it is written, so, ah ah.

And, maybe vulnerable to missiles, but against others? Very hard to kill.

For my artefact faction, my ship have a missile point defense who can very instant kill all missiles.

Gladiator Society

Blaze

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2016, 08:45:45 AM »

I know what the power DOES, but I just want to know the reasoning behind it. Blood is what? Some kind of organic system?

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Looters factions v1.4beta /// Artefact factions v0.71
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2016, 02:07:06 AM »

(Oups, i have delete wrong message) 
Blood is a like a seamen, pirates of sea, after a time in sea, they have not fear of death and also, ... hum

Else:  Two fix for Artefact and Looters :  Full compatible with Nexerelin, yes.

Gladiator Society

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12