Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: A CHALLENGE HAS BEEN PUT OUT!  (Read 17027 times)

Auraknight

• Commander
  • I am a Knight of Aura.
    • View Profile
A CHALLENGE HAS BEEN PUT OUT!
« on: November 30, 2015, 08:43:51 PM »

I have devised a devious challenge to test the most skilled amongst us!
Or at least, people with time on there hands, and want a huge battle
Requirements:
Console commands!
Lazylib! (for the above)
I also used Shaderlib, mostly because pretttyyyyy
The set-up for this challenge takes a small bit of legwork, that will be removed by the time Lazywizard updates his console commands.
I'm undertaking it right now, it's going... roughly. mostly due to some ineptitude. It's definitely a fight for your life!
You are allowed a fleet of exactly 10 ships. And 9 captains. (The tenth being you for your flagship)
You may use any combination of ships you wish!
(I'm using two of each of the XIV ships)
You can load them out any way you want!
You are allowed to have your own character at a maximum level!
The captains I have are at level 7, but I don't think haveing them at 20 will make this too terribly simple, so use your own judgement there.
You can have anything in your cargohold you think will help you, be it supplies and fuel, or just a 777 stack of goodluck Luxuriant Lobsters.
What you must overcome:
a randomly spawned 10,000 FP pirate fleet. (Spawned useing Console commands.)
I initially wanted to do a 1000, but I added an extra 0 when I was spawning...
Warning, the campaign screen WILL lag for a minute or two after you spawn this fleet, and you must wait a few seconds in the campaign map before the oversized pirates will attack you.
Survive, and you win!
You can retreat from the combat as many times as you want o restore peak performance, (And doing so is practically nessessary to win. There are a LOT of ships in this challenge, and it will take a lot of time.
Note! You don't need to kill all of them, but you do need to escape from the radii of swarm to win.
Honor rules!:
No useing 10 tiny ships, and escapeing by simply burning away after a single chase. This is intended to be a fighting challenge!
No useing the 'nuke', godmode, infinite CR, traitor, or any other cheaty commands to win while fighting!
No haveing backup from the AI fleets! Not that I think they'll come to your aid, but it's cheating too.
If you CAN dissaray the hoard long enough to dock at a station and repair, you are allowed to. I haven't been able to yet, but....
~Aura be with you

Auraknight

• Commander
  • I am a Knight of Aura.
    • View Profile
Re: A CHALLENGE HAS BEEN PUT OUT!
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 09:28:13 PM »

I have lost my own challenge. much less idealistic of it's possibility, but I still killed 350 other ships before I lost everything but a Onslaught and an Eagle. CR seems to be the biggest issue here, as is Peak preformance. needing to retreat every hundred or so ship kills drains it pretty bad, and before you know it, you are on the edge of critical malfunctions.
They had 1232 ships left before I was able to start retreating, and makeing a run for my life.
The opposeing fleet covers the entire campaign map screen as far as you can see. It's... terrifying. Escape is incredibly difficult.
I lost 8 ships, and killed about 375. they had 1212 left. Pretty decent numbers!
_EDIT_
I escaped to jangala startion with only the Onslaught left. Took this picture. You can't even see the circle for how huge the fleet is, but the pop-up triggers somewhere to the bottom right of the ability UI. The map shows it, but it doesn't show how big. I'm going to attempt to find the edge of it via teleportation.
http://imgur.com/V9BQhVj
_EDIT_
A quick jaunt to Asharu reveals the edge of the hoard. Makes me wish there was a hide command for the console, I think I'll go politely ask for one.
https://imgur.com/ZJQT8U9
_EDIT_
The red line of an obvious pirate turns to grey as soon as you step outside it's bounds. You need to be incredibly close to see the danger, if it's not readly obvious from the size.
Still no ships within the depths of the circle.
_EDIT_
The mass is amuseing itself, destroying all the ships within it's radii with impunity. Sparks of explosions appear intermittedly as unidentified ships vanish in it's mass.
I don't know if it can move. And if so, how fast.
_LAST EDIT_
I've given up trying to see if it'll move. There is unlimited spawning within it's reach, it has no need to. Trade disruptions run rampant inside it's area.
To give you a better idea of how big it is...
https://imgur.com/AewAGWd
The only pirates you can see on that map is the challenge hoard.
Where my icon is, the small, three triangles, is where the edge of the circle is.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 10:04:46 PM by Auraknight »
~Aura be with you

StarSchulz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 09:41:37 PM »

A CHALLENGE?!?!?!?

I ACCEPT!

- I think i took out 40 before my lone onslaught finally was surrounded. -
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 10:06:40 PM by StarSchulz »

Auraknight

• Commander
  • I am a Knight of Aura.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 10:08:28 PM »

40 isn't bad for a single ship. Flying in defenceive formation will do you wonders, as your ships can hide behind eachother to drop shields and vent.
~Aura be with you

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 10:23:09 PM »

Isn't this best handled by chain deploying 10 Onslaughts? Max skills Onslaught will continue wiping floor with pirates as long as it has CR, and it has a lot of CR to burn. Combine with max combat apt officers, so that every onslaught starts at 100% CR. Obviously include hardened systems to get even more CR time.

And if you are not trying to just run with frigate fleet(which is prohibited), retreating doesn't seem to make sense. You lose extra CR for retreating and recover much less during engagement cooldown. So it's probably best to use up every Onslaught till dead.

(10 Paragons are also an option, maybe even better one, considering that enemies are just pirates instead of proper faction fleet)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 10:31:26 PM by TaLaR »

Auraknight

• Commander
  • I am a Knight of Aura.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2015, 10:26:51 PM »

I don't know the bones of CRdeployment, and skill honestly. that IS a viable way to play, and could likely win this challenge, but I had more fun with all my fleet out at the same time. Course, that didn.'t get me very far. It might be the ideal way, but I wanted this to be more of a 'handle it how you want to'. So if you think sending in ships one at a time to try and tear through em is the way to go, try it out! I know i'm eager to hear how things went.
~Aura be with you

Clockwork Owl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Starsector South Korean Community
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2015, 11:11:10 PM »

I have lost my own challenge. much less idealistic of it's possibility, but I still killed 350 other ships before I lost everything but a Onslaught and an Eagle. CR seems to be the biggest issue here, as is Peak preformance. needing to retreat every hundred or so ship kills drains it pretty bad, and before you know it, you are on the edge of critical malfunctions.
They had 1232 ships left before I was able to start retreating, and makeing a run for my life.
The opposeing fleet covers the entire campaign map screen as far as you can see. It's... terrifying. Escape is incredibly difficult.
I lost 8 ships, and killed about 375. they had 1212 left. Pretty decent numbers!
_EDIT_
I escaped to jangala startion with only the Onslaught left. Took this picture. You can't even see the circle for how huge the fleet is, but the pop-up triggers somewhere to the bottom right of the ability UI. The map shows it, but it doesn't show how big. I'm going to attempt to find the edge of it via teleportation.
http://imgur.com/V9BQhVj
_EDIT_
A quick jaunt to Asharu reveals the edge of the hoard. Makes me wish there was a hide command for the console, I think I'll go politely ask for one.
https://imgur.com/ZJQT8U9
_EDIT_
The red line of an obvious pirate turns to grey as soon as you step outside it's bounds. You need to be incredibly close to see the danger, if it's not readly obvious from the size.
Still no ships within the depths of the circle.
_EDIT_
The mass is amuseing itself, destroying all the ships within it's radii with impunity. Sparks of explosions appear intermittedly as unidentified ships vanish in it's mass.
I don't know if it can move. And if so, how fast.
_LAST EDIT_
I've given up trying to see if it'll move. There is unlimited spawning within it's reach, it has no need to. Trade disruptions run rampant inside it's area.
To give you a better idea of how big it is...
https://imgur.com/AewAGWd
The only pirates you can see on that map is the challenge hoard.
Where my icon is, the small, three triangles, is where the edge of the circle is.
Holy c-

StarSchulz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2015, 11:37:59 PM »

I used a conquest, onslaught, and aparagon. The conquest i piloted myself provided supporting fire for the onslaught, while the paragon sat undeployed... waiting...

i destroyed half the fleet before the seemingly infinite swarm of wolves ended my attempts at retreating to repair.

I also recorded it, all 1:17:00 of it. i might upload it ;)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 11:40:44 PM by StarSchulz »

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2015, 11:38:31 PM »

Haha, that bit of red circle reminds me of how I keep getting scared by sensor pings, thinking some huge army is gonna come and swallow me up. Thanks for fueling my nightmares, Auraknight.

Auraknight

• Commander
  • I am a Knight of Aura.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2015, 11:56:33 PM »

Haha, that bit of red circle reminds me of how I keep getting scared by sensor pings, thinking some huge army is gonna come and swallow me up. Thanks for fueling my nightmares, Auraknight.
Haha, glad to be of service.
It's funny what fun can come out of mistakes, eh? 10,000 is a nice number, around there is where if you can do that much without losses, you can do any number. It makes for a bit of a pain for the computer to work with though!
I used a conquest, onslaught, and aparagon. The conquest i piloted myself provided supporting fire for the onslaught, while the paragon sat undeployed... waiting...

i destroyed half the fleet before the seemingly infinite swarm of wolves ended my attempts at retreating to repair.

I also recorded it, all 1:17:00 of it. i might upload it ;)
If you do, hit me up with a link here. I'd love to see it.
~Aura be with you

StarSchulz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2015, 01:34:18 AM »

Here you go!

1:17:09 of unedited footage. [ so you know i'm not cheating! not that i won anyway x.x ] you can also hear all the music i was playing  ;)

It gets much harder in the second half of the battle, where they send wolves instead of hounds, and instead of buffaloes and sunders, they send hammerheads and enforcers. enforcers with REAPER TORPEDOES.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 01:37:01 AM by StarSchulz »

Nimaniel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2015, 04:47:22 AM »

Dat wolfpack. Seems they are appropriately named.

Well played Shulz. Paragon is in good hands with you, and your cap ship duo is pretty cool too!

Abradolf Lincler

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2015, 11:56:37 AM »

I'm watching the video and am like, HE KICKIN *** he must be done soon(only six minutes in...)

OmegaX17

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2015, 12:04:13 PM »

I have one super duper important question. When you say 'any ship', does that include mod ships?
I'd expect that a fleet with Knights Templar mainstays wouldn't have much trouble with this challenge.

Auraknight

• Commander
  • I am a Knight of Aura.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2015, 01:10:05 PM »

Sorry, i thought i'd worded it so that it would imply being all vanilla.
Mods throw everything out of balance, and I'm not really installing any till I can get SS+ and all it's sub-modulus.
But yeah, templar fleets would likely have a lot easier of a time.
As would that one faction with them omega devices. Just get missle spec, fire one, wait a little bit till the re-enforcements come in, and fire the other, repeat for the next 9 ships, retreat, and go again...
~Aura be with you
Pages: [1] 2 3