Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 123

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Diable Avionics 2.70rc3 (2023/04/13)  (Read 1276034 times)

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Diable Avionics 2.64rc1 (2021/12/11)
« Reply #1695 on: May 24, 2022, 10:43:00 PM »

this is a bit of a known bug, you need to cycle its weapon-hullmods and or restore the ship

Ah, there were no hullmods to cycle.  I was really quite stumped.

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: May 25, 2022, 06:18:22 AM »

Got it working, and it certainly is a fine piece of work.  Definitely well balanced into a particular kind of play, and it looks beautiful.

WolfPriest

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: May 26, 2022, 03:52:22 AM »

Someone told me on Discord this faction is underpowered now (it was OP when I last played it), so I'm wondering, how viable is it in Destroyers and Frigates only playthrough.

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: May 26, 2022, 03:52:26 PM »

Someone told me on Discord this faction is underpowered now (it was OP when I last played it), so I'm wondering, how viable is it in Destroyers and Frigates only playthrough.

Perfectly so? They have a number of very strong cruisers and capitals, though, so you'd be missing out a bit. But Diable's frigs and destroyers are quite competent, especially the Pocket Gust.

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: May 26, 2022, 07:02:03 PM »

although i've got to say that fighting against diable has been pretty easy... the AI just doesnt know how to use the capitals correctly

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: May 26, 2022, 08:11:30 PM »

Yeah, but it looks awesome.

I find it quite balanced at the moment, with the ships focusing on fast strike.  They probably need more frigates in general than most fleets or just more carriers.

If I was going to change it, I'd put aggressive officers in the facerolling ships and steady officers in the carriers.  I can imagine that the attitude of the officers would determine how well this faction works.

Kakroom

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: June 21, 2022, 11:43:16 PM »

This is how I rewrote Diable's faction description in my game. I thought of sharing it since the one in-game is so rough.

I really like most of the mod; I'm sure this was something simply low priority that nobody ever got to. I tried to keep the spirit of the original intact.

The Diable Avionics corporation is a fairly recent entrant to the political theatre of the Persean sector. Direct contact with their forces is officially discouraged by the Hegemony and most other post-Collapse governments; the sparse public statements DAC CENTCOM has issued declare their purpose to be quelling unrest and enforcing a total restoration of the human Domain, and they have taken to executing this mandate with a ruthless, indiscriminate zeal that has rarely been accompanied by any attempts at negotiation or diplomacy. The DAC's rigorous counterintelligence apparatus appears to be strong enough that the true extent of their resources and capabilities has thus far remained concealed from the sector's major players. As a result, much of what is understood about the Corporation's internal dynamics has been gleaned from (primarily hostile) contact with the corporation's "security forces": a well motivated and extremely well armed paramilitary organization capable of competing with the best that the sector has to offer.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 09:42:22 PM by Kakroom »

AdmiralRem

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: July 01, 2022, 03:02:20 PM »

I didn’t see it in the change longs but maybe I missed it. Seems like the rocket bombers got nerfed? I love the new effect, they just seem to pack much less of a punch than they used to. Anyone know the changes?

Frosty

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: July 27, 2022, 03:30:38 PM »

First of all, one of my favorite mods. Its the one that always gets added first. Both the ships are great and it doesn't intrude too much if you're not playing as them. Great!

I've been playing a Diable Fleet, and while I love the cruisers and destroyers, I never feel like I can figure out the right frigates for my Wolfpack. The Sleet shield power seems to be very inconsistent but it doesn't have the quality slots to effectively be a ship with no ability. The little Vapor seems solid but maybe a bit fragile.  The Draft is maybe the best Luddic Path style fire and forget suicide frigates. Its weapon layout really is monstrous.

Does anyone have any late game success with Frigate Spam with Diable? Suggestions?

WolfPriest

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: July 28, 2022, 03:20:30 AM »

First of all, one of my favorite mods. Its the one that always gets added first. Both the ships are great and it doesn't intrude too much if you're not playing as them. Great!

I've been playing a Diable Fleet, and while I love the cruisers and destroyers, I never feel like I can figure out the right frigates for my Wolfpack. The Sleet shield power seems to be very inconsistent but it doesn't have the quality slots to effectively be a ship with no ability. The little Vapor seems solid but maybe a bit fragile.  The Draft is maybe the best Luddic Path style fire and forget suicide frigates. Its weapon layout really is monstrous.

Does anyone have any late game success with Frigate Spam with Diable? Suggestions?
I also tried late game Frigates, but it did not work for me. Well, not any better than vanilla, at least.

FelixG

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: July 29, 2022, 12:29:37 PM »

So, I am not sure if its a bug or what, but for some reason the forward operating bases have no supplies or fuel, ever. Makes pushing into the core systems very challenging.

AKA694

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: July 29, 2022, 07:34:03 PM »

I have a bug? where the market only sells guns and ships and nothing else? is this intended?
Edit. Ignore what i said before, it was the diable armaarmatura addon mod, solution is deleting the campaing folder in diablearmatura and start a new save
« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 08:05:01 AM by AKA694 »

strinn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: July 30, 2022, 04:01:33 AM »

So I recently started a modded playthrough with this mod and a few others, and almost every ship and weapon seems weaker than most B+ tier vanilla ships which I was disappointed with since I heard this mod is 'balanced'. Does balanced mean something else than what I think it means or am I building these ships wrong?

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: July 30, 2022, 08:18:39 AM »

I have a bug? where the market only sells guns and ships and nothing else? is this intended?
Edit. After fiddling woth the settings a bit i somehow fixed it? Or rather it fixed itself after i set the vmparams to 4096
Or if you use console commands type forcemarketupdate apperently

I believe this is actually a problem with the diable Armaa mod, diable hasnt had an update in a while and it was functioning fine in my previous save

So I recently started a modded playthrough with this mod and a few others, and almost every ship and weapon seems weaker than most B+ tier vanilla ships which I was disappointed with since I heard this mod is 'balanced'. Does balanced mean something else than what I think it means or am I building these ships wrong?

Diable does have a different balance than you may be used to in modded starsector, its mostly inline with vanilla. but unfortunately any balance problems are static for now, last i heard tartiflette is taking a break from starsector modding to avoid burnout. Although for suggestions with diable loadouts, i would suggest trying more vanilla weapons on them, i had a daze setup with maulers and h-vels that kicked ass and stayed alive.

Kaitol

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: July 30, 2022, 10:10:45 AM »

With a lot of Diable you shouldn't really build it like a 'standard' ship, you really have to lean in to their strengths, which are their wanzers and fighters, large missile salvos, strike ships with a lot of forward facing damage but not much staying power, and agile capital ships. Missiles that spam lots of small projectiles to pressure and distract PD are key to their doctrine and why a lot of them have built in micro missiles.

If your wanzers and fighters get mulched in the first pass, you're gonna have a bad time. They can struggle a lot against some modded ships which just have overwhelmingly good point defense or the firepower and mobility to just ignore your small craft and overwhelm you. There was one battlecruiser from the ship/weapon pack that Diable fleets just could not deal with in my game, for example.

None of this is to say they're weak, you just have to be very particular about your builds and fleet composition and maybe take a little more care with fleet orders in battle. And perhaps be wary of installing mods with super powerful ships and/or factions if you want to do a Diable playthrough where you're not getting bullied in pitched fights.
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 123