Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 123

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Diable Avionics 2.70rc3 (2023/04/13)  (Read 1276394 times)

Pep

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Diable Avionics 2.64rc1 (2021/12/11)
« Reply #1680 on: April 22, 2022, 02:27:52 AM »

Sure, I have no issue with that!

Thanks so much
For the other 2 interested, all the wanzers are added and playable already,,, however they are mostly faithful conversions with the esception of having wingcom on them all..I need to get some help from shoi to see if I can make them a little more customable but I’ll post a link here when it’s ready!

Ryers

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: April 22, 2022, 03:37:24 AM »

CHAMPION! im so excited, diable and the gust system is to forgiving with its respawning fighters to supe' them up. a AA style vessel will be perfect!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2022, 04:08:04 AM by Ryers »

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: April 22, 2022, 05:52:50 AM »

Thanks so much
For the other 2 interested, all the wanzers are added and playable already,,, however they are mostly faithful conversions with the esception of having wingcom on them all..I need to get some help from shoi to see if I can make them a little more customable but I’ll post a link here when it’s ready!

Yeah, the player-pilotable versions will probably need shields of some sort (similar to the AA broadsword and warthog versions getting them). Pretty much all of the player versions of fighters in AA have some kind of defensive system to make them last a bit longer under fire than a "normal" fighter", which makes sense for what is basically a command vehicle.

Also, funnily enough, I might not make every wanzer player-pilotable in your shoes, but that's me; remember that there isn't even a player version of the Kouto currently, and that's one of AA's super-fighters! That said, the Valiant is the most obvious choice for player-usability, IMO, along with the other 9th-gen frames; some of the older frames would also make plenty of sense, though the 6th-gen ones (the Frost, Hoar and Strife) may not quite justify it beyond meme value, though I can also very much see the Hoar getting the Xyphos treatment.

As far as flavor goes, I think it'd be very easy to flavor it as being a combination of these specific models getting some of the upgrades and lessons of Project V applied to them (which raises their cost-per-unit through the roof, comparatively, but also makes them much more valuable as command vehicles), along with WINGCOM technology "acquired" from Arma.

Either way, holy god I am insanely hype for this and can't wait. Thank you for taking the time to do this, Pep, and thank you for helping, Shoi! (And thanks to Tarti for allowing it!)

CptBeacon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: May 06, 2022, 09:43:24 AM »

Hey man, i love your mod! The ships look simply amazing and detailed, really nice to look at and the whole transformation thing really sells it. The ships look mean and dangerous.

But if you'll let me give you my 2 cents about this fantastic mods it's that it's ships are not mean enough! it's like a beautiful tiger whose claws have been taken away, now I do understand that you have 100+pages here of comments which i'm sure a lot of them are about balance considering the plethora of balance changes describe on the change logs, but maybe some of it it's down to simple usability!

Just little things like making the wanzer clearer on what their role is, the wall of lore is nice, i like it, but maybe a more straight to the point thing before or after that clearly specifies the actual in game use is, and making sure that it does that might be important.

I use a lot of wanzers, but mostly because they're there, i sadly don't know what they're doing, some i avoid cause i think they're bad but maybe it's just cause i'm not using them for their role, etc.

On the ships i could write a lot about what i think they should be doing and what not, but simply i'll say rule of cool.
If you add more spectacle to the bigger ships then balance can be ignored more or less. "simple" things like (the bigger offender fo the mod imo) if the daze is supposed to be a boring sort of anchor maybe let it have the same thing the capitals have with the array that trows double micro missiles for both more payload and rule of cool. Or in the same line of thought, i noticed it used to launch missiles backwards and i can see that it looks a bit odd how it's deployed right now https://i.imgur.com/8zaULtU.png . maybe add something similar to the thrust lrm system, with a "secondary payload" that just activates fast so they're slow after the launch backwards with maybe longer ranger than usual, this will make the daze look a lot better and FEEL a bit stronger, even though realistically it doesn't fixes the core thing, it at least looks a lot cooler and increases dmg output so that's a plus! i mean you could also add visual things to the model like the shalaika frigate of dassault with it's little spinning thingy to make it "cooler" but i think that's a bit much, won't ask you to clutter your designs because i think everything needs transformation or mobile thingys.

But yeah, what's your take on it? i'm kinda hoping the implementation that i suggested to the daze is something you could consider, admit it, it would be old gundam lvls of cool wouldn't it? :D

I know this wouldn't fix balance and possible break stuff, but i'm ok with fielding the boring dazes in their current state if i can watch more fireworks!

Cheers mate and thanks for this mod, i'm enjoying it a lot and the destroyer is fire.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: May 07, 2022, 12:01:22 AM »

I'm sitting on a half finished update that will change Wanzers in major ways. Unfortunately I had to move away from modding Starsector for a while because I was pretty close to a burnout. I'm making a mod for Nebulous now, once that is done I'll certainly come back around.

Ryers

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: May 07, 2022, 01:23:11 AM »

I'm sitting on a half finished update that will change Wanzers in major ways. Unfortunately I had to move away from modding Starsector for a while because I was pretty close to a burnout. I'm making a mod for Nebulous now, once that is done I'll certainly come back around.

dude! nebulos is insane isnt it

anyway, sorry to head that you started buring out. ive loved all your work. for whats its worth id miss your creations if you were to leave, they are sopmething special and you would be missed by us all here. take care of your self chife. see you in nebulos ;)

Moth

• Ensign
  • Just a Moth
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: May 11, 2022, 01:00:39 PM »

Hello ive once again wanted to ask if this mod works on the current version of starsector RC6
this one says its for RC3 and i just dunno if it will work, and i know i alredy made a similar comment on a difrent mod of yours but i am starting a new game and i really don't want to start playing just so i delete a bunch of mods after i realize they don't work.
Just a random Moth

SpaceDrake

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: May 11, 2022, 01:03:56 PM »

Hello ive once again wanted to ask if this mod works on the current version of starsector RC6
this one says its for RC3 and i just dunno if it will work, and i know i alredy made a similar comment on a difrent mod of yours but i am starting a new game and i really don't want to start playing just so i delete a bunch of mods after i realize they don't work.

It works just fine. Generally, mods only stop working between major core game version steps (e.g., mods designed for the 0.9.1 version of the game need/needed some amount of maintenance and work done before being compatible with 0.95/.95.1.); the differences between release candidates (RCs) of the same version are so minor that it'll never break a mod. The warning is just being heavily cautious.

Moth

• Ensign
  • Just a Moth
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: May 11, 2022, 01:06:58 PM »

It works just fine. Generally, mods only stop working between major core game version steps (e.g., mods designed for the 0.9.1 version of the game need/needed some amount of maintenance and work done before being compatible with 0.95/.95.1.); the differences between release candidates (RCs) of the same version are so minor that it'll never break a mod. The warning is just being heavily cautious.
oh thank you for saying that now ill know. but what about when for example the mod is for 0.95.1a and i have that RC6 version? will that still work?
Just a random Moth

SpaceDrake

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: May 11, 2022, 01:46:01 PM »

Yes. You're talking about .95.1 in its first release; the "release candidates" are all just very minor updates to a given major release, and as such will never break mod compatibility.

paopao

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: May 12, 2022, 06:06:01 PM »

Sure, I have no issue with that!

Thanks so much

Hi Pep! How is the sub mod going? I would love to see some pilotable wanzers in the game!

KarlianaVonMauser

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: May 19, 2022, 11:18:25 PM »

So uh is there a requirement to upgrade the orbital station to battlestation? it's grey out for me, and i don't see any requirement other than the required credits.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: May 20, 2022, 12:09:57 AM »

You need to still be friendly with Diable, other than that it should be always available.

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: May 23, 2022, 08:55:07 PM »

I've tried the virtuous fight a couple times, and whenever I recover the wanzer from a derelict, it doesn't have its arms and no OP to add new weapons to existing mounts.  And when I try to use the ship in simulation, it crashes the game.

Here's the log :
Spoiler
93339 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.weapons.Diableavionics_virtuous_pauldronsEffect.advance(Diableavionics_virtuous_pauldronsEffect.java:134)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.A.void.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: May 23, 2022, 09:43:43 PM »

I've tried the virtuous fight a couple times, and whenever I recover the wanzer from a derelict, it doesn't have its arms and no OP to add new weapons to existing mounts.  And when I try to use the ship in simulation, it crashes the game.

Here's the log :
Spoiler
93339 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.weapons.Diableavionics_virtuous_pauldronsEffect.advance(Diableavionics_virtuous_pauldronsEffect.java:134)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.A.void.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

this is a bit of a known bug, you need to cycle its weapon-hullmods and or restore the ship
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 123