Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 123

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Diable Avionics 2.70rc3 (2023/04/13)  (Read 1275973 times)

Mikomikomiko

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Kitbash album. Not a modder, just a bote maker :P
Re: [0.95a] Diable Avionics 2.64rc1 (2021/12/11)
« Reply #1545 on: December 13, 2021, 09:18:15 PM »

I see , If  iread this right , to get it will screw my relationship with Diable ?
Its not a bad reputation hit if you fight them while they don't know who you are (with your transponder off and your last position is unknown)

so if im transponder off I will have th echoice to simply attack the Diable fleet with only small reputation penalty? I wont be condemned to put transponder on?

On another note will the balance of weapons be updated for the new game release? Or will we keep the actual stats of Diable weapons?

Any attacks against fleets in a system where none witnessed you with transponder on will have less negative effects on your reputation (around -3). You should get a message saying something around the likes of 'the fleet does not know your identity and any aggressive actions will have less reputational consequences'

I would suggest entering via the farthest jump point with transponder off, stealthing your way to the fleet, and then engaging it when it's a bit of distance from the starfortress. After doing the deed, avoid any further fights (while still keeping your transponder off) and get out of the system.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2021, 09:20:34 PM by Mikomikomiko »

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: December 13, 2021, 11:26:01 PM »

I would add that there is a convenient asteroid ring right besides the place this fleet usually patrol for all your sneaking needs...

Sorrowshard

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: December 14, 2021, 01:18:27 AM »

Hmm, in my game, have found the fleet no problem. The area is heaving with fleets/patrols,it mostly just circles the station. I cant get close, get 'inspected to death' if I try and sneak up with transponder off. You need a reasonable fleet to fight the Last line so I'm not really seeing how this suggestion works...

Also seems a bit daft you cant access/earn it peacefully.

Diable needs a 'contact' character you can do missions for maybe the final mission reward you get it or the blueprint etc would be an interesting way to gain a few 'experimental'  one off prototype Diable bits and pieces.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 01:21:19 AM by Sorrowshard »

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: December 14, 2021, 01:44:46 AM »

I don't see how it would make sense for Diable Avionics to hand out their most prized and valuable, unique and irreplaceable, most advanced and still in development ship to a random captain.

If I were to make such quest chain to obtain it, it would end up with you betraying Diable to steal the ship anyway.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 01:49:37 AM by Tartiflette »

Zalpha

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: December 14, 2021, 04:24:32 AM »

Hay, just want to let you know that I am loving this mod. I am no expert on this game but I personally think it is well balanced. They seem to do fine at range with far range ships and missiles but a squad that gets up close to them can take them out. Anyway it has been fun playing with them. Thanks for making and sharing this mod.

Sorrowshard

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: December 14, 2021, 07:08:35 AM »

I don't see how it would make sense for Diable Avionics to hand out their most prized and valuable, unique and irreplaceable, most advanced and still in development ship to a random captain.

If I were to make such quest chain to obtain it, it would end up with you betraying Diable to steal the ship anyway.

But surely you might well have a decent narrative 'In' as a high level comissioned Diable Avionics officer that they pay a big chunk of change to each month with a very high cred (so not a Random captain)  and a hypothetical load of 'sensitive'/narrative missions under your belt for one of the coporate bigwigs / scientists ?

I have done heaps of stuff for DA in my playthrough, must have earned a million in eliminating Pirates from their systems alone , not to mention the bounties and explorations. its a wee bit RPG'ish but I have been doing only DA missions mostly and I'm only using DA ships and weapons. my fleet is probaly their biggest most experienced fleet. From that standpoint it doesn't feel right to steal it and I felt there should be a way to legitimately earn it.

Sure I could just go into the system and stomp the fleet right now and take it,  but thats too easy and ruins the flavour of a 'pure' DA playthrough (for me)

Howabout somebody goes rogue with it Firefox stylee and/or steals it and you are tasked to recapture it (probably from a gnarly merc/corporate black ops fleet) after which it gets attached to your fleet to complete its testing/R&D) assuming it is indeed a one off prototypewith no blueprint for manufacturing ... (possible mission tree unlock..?)

This niggle aside, really do love the mod, its all the things I love in scifi/anime/rpg in one faction and they are really fun and strategically rewarding to tune, build up and play with, the synergy of the fleets is a real 'more than a sum of it's parts' thing, it's beautifully balanced IMO
« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 07:11:26 AM by Sorrowshard »

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: December 14, 2021, 08:15:34 AM »

If you read closely everything related to the Virtuous (including the codex entries of the other related ships, wanzers, if you looked at its campaign encounter closely, and maybe looked closely at the trailer opening), you'll know that it is impossible that the Diable Corporation would give that ship to anyone or just let it leave their home system, ever.

Jade Tendency

• Lieutenant
  • Fourth Olympus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: December 14, 2021, 08:47:20 AM »

But surely you might well have a decent narrative 'In' as a high level comissioned Diable Avionics officer that they pay a big chunk of change to each month with a very high cred (so not a Random captain)  and a hypothetical load of 'sensitive'/narrative missions under your belt for one of the coporate bigwigs / scientists ?

I have done heaps of stuff for DA in my playthrough, must have earned a million in eliminating Pirates from their systems alone , not to mention the bounties and explorations. its a wee bit RPG'ish but I have been doing only DA missions mostly and I'm only using DA ships and weapons. my fleet is probaly their biggest most experienced fleet. From that standpoint it doesn't feel right to steal it and I felt there should be a way to legitimately earn it.

Sure I could just go into the system and stomp the fleet right now and take it,  but thats too easy and ruins the flavour of a 'pure' DA playthrough (for me)

Howabout somebody goes rogue with it Firefox stylee and/or steals it and you are tasked to recapture it (probably from a gnarly merc/corporate black ops fleet) after which it gets attached to your fleet to complete its testing/R&D) assuming it is indeed a one off prototypewith no blueprint for manufacturing ... (possible mission tree unlock..?)

This niggle aside, really do love the mod, its all the things I love in scifi/anime/rpg in one faction and they are really fun and strategically rewarding to tune, build up and play with, the synergy of the fleets is a real 'more than a sum of it's parts' thing, it's beautifully balanced IMO

The moment you found the thief Diable would show up with a massive fleet and try to kill you and them. They are a soulless evil megacorp and would never let you "borrow" their project.

Sorrowshard

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: December 14, 2021, 09:08:53 AM »

If you read closely everything related to the Virtuous (including the codex entries of the other related ships, wanzers, if you looked at its campaign encounter closely, and maybe looked closely at the trailer opening), you'll know that it is impossible that the Diable Corporation would give that ship to anyone or just let it leave their home system, ever.

Interesting.... I must confess ignorance of the full facts in that case.

Trailer opening ?

**Edit** Found on youtube , had a nerdgasm.  8)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 09:17:35 AM by Sorrowshard »

Zalpha

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: December 14, 2021, 09:11:30 AM »

New here and have been trying to follow the conversation, are you guys talking about the ship pandemonium or (I think it is a station?) Wanzer or Virtuous, (the Virtuous seemed like a small ship to me in the trailer). Regardless how are you supposed to get your hands on them, find them or blueprints and make your own or turn on the faction (if you belong to them) and hope to receive it as beat up after battle loot?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 09:17:29 AM by Zalpha »

Zalpha

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: December 14, 2021, 09:15:36 AM »

Interesting.... I must confess ignorance of the full facts in that case.

Trailer opening ?

I think he means this? https://youtu.be/9fRQzyMvl7k

HellBent

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: December 14, 2021, 11:42:46 AM »

I see , If  iread this right , to get it will screw my relationship with Diable ?
Its not a bad reputation hit if you fight them while they don't know who you are (with your transponder off and your last position is unknown)

so if im transponder off I will have th echoice to simply attack the Diable fleet with only small reputation penalty? I wont be condemned to put transponder on?

On another note will the balance of weapons be updated for the new game release? Or will we keep the actual stats of Diable weapons?

Any attacks against fleets in a system where none witnessed you with transponder on will have less negative effects on your reputation (around -3). You should get a message saying something around the likes of 'the fleet does not know your identity and any aggressive actions will have less reputational consequences'

I would suggest entering via the farthest jump point with transponder off, stealthing your way to the fleet, and then engaging it when it's a bit of distance from the starfortress. After doing the deed, avoid any further fights (while still keeping your transponder off) and get out of the system.

I must have the ships in your signature. IMMEDIATELY. How can i get them please?  ;D

Sorrowshard

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: December 14, 2021, 02:30:06 PM »

Argh, sorry to trouble, I need some help,

I decided to bite the bullet after our discussions. I REALLY wanted to play with the Virtuous,  eventually figured out how to sneak up and then catch our little friend (who is very good at running awayfrom battles).

Three times now I have done it , three times it has not been avaialble to salvage and then crashes immediately after closing out.

Forums 192kb ? image/attatch limit prevents me posting the pictures sorry.

**Edit trying hyperling to Google album**

https://photos.app.goo.gl/tKmegpC4XWSS1Akz5

And now expanded error log text :

ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: data.scripts.util.MagicCampaign.placeOnStableOrbit(Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/campaign/SectorEntityToken;Z)V
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: data.scripts.util.MagicCampaign.placeOnStableOrbit(Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/campaign/SectorEntityToken;Z)V
   at data.campaign.special.Diableavionics_virtuousLoot.reportBattleOccurred(Diableavionics_virtuousLoot.java:112)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.reportBattleOccurred(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetEncounterContext.applyAfterBattleEffect sIfThereWasABattle(FleetEncounterContext.java:789)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl$4.coreUIDismissed(FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:1607)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.Stringsuper$2.coreUIDismissed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.K.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.k.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Stringsuper.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Cheers
« Last Edit: December 15, 2021, 01:17:56 AM by Sorrowshard »

epsilonflash

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: December 15, 2021, 02:25:45 PM »

New here and have been trying to follow the conversation, are you guys talking about the ship pandemonium or (I think it is a station?) Wanzer or Virtuous, (the Virtuous seemed like a small ship to me in the trailer). Regardless how are you supposed to get your hands on them, find them or blueprints and make your own or turn on the faction (if you belong to them) and hope to receive it as beat up after battle loot?

pandemonium is the faction's largest capital ship, but it's a regular ship, no special steps are needed to get one. you can find it in diable avionics markets, especially military markets, but in order to buy from military markets you will have to be commissioned by diable avionics and reach a good standing with them. alternatively, you can fight diable fleets with pandemoniums in them and hope you get lucky with the post-battle salvage

wanzers aren't stations, they're the "fighters" from this mod. but instead of being actual spacecraft, they're cool tiny mecha which are very durable and strong, but also very costly and time-consuming to replenish. like the pandemonium, you can buy them off their markets or get some through post-battle salvage

the virtuous is a unique, very strong destroyer-sized mecha which you can find only in a special fleet inside diable's home system, patrolling around their capital. the only way to get it is by defeating this fleet, which will spawn a virtuous 100% of the times, either through post-battle salvage or floating around in space afterwards

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: December 15, 2021, 04:28:19 PM »

.... the virtuous is a unique, very strong destroyer-sized mecha which you can find only in a special fleet inside diable's home system, patrolling around their capital. the only way to get it is by defeating this fleet, which will spawn a virtuous 100% of the times, either through post-battle salvage or floating around in space afterwards
Does it do that if someone else destroys the fleet?

Like say... another faction attacks and you hang around to pick up the pieces after the battle?
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 123