Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 123

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Diable Avionics 2.70rc3 (2023/04/13)  (Read 1275867 times)

Kanjejou

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Diable Avionics 2.63RC5 (2021/09/27)
« Reply #1530 on: December 06, 2021, 04:49:26 PM »

Got a few of the cruiser( the three Rimes) and destroyer(stratus and stratus P) and I have a hard time to wrap my head around the Rime P usability... maybe its because i dont have a lot of Diable avionic weapons right now... but for a cruiser its quite weak... Its almost got destroyer OP and fire power yet suffer the DP and maintenance and mod prices of being a cruiser...and bad shield damage flux ratio

For a comparison I would say its a mule+falcon fused together... and if compared to other Rime it doesnt have a fighter bay which can cost a lot of OP indeed...

Since its not a pure transport like Rime F nor a true warship like standard Rime.

Wouldn't it be normal to give him a little stats buff or a dp price reduction. Since its not a carrier and it look more like a raiding cruiser maybe a little speed buff?
I mean even vanilla Falcon P and standard Falcon outgun outrun and outtank him and cost only 1 supply more...Its a pirate ship, usually they kind of suck but they have a reddeeming quality like ridiculous speed  or very low DP for a kind of slots Buffalo mk2 and Atlas mk2, or very slots type modification that allow different builds like shrike P and falcon P

Any good way to make this model work?

By the way I am really impressed by this mod, the ships are quite nice to the eyes and quite enjoyable to use.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 04:58:45 PM by Kanjejou »

Talinoth

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: December 06, 2021, 11:00:32 PM »

Got a few of the cruiser( the three Rimes) and destroyer(stratus and stratus P) and I have a hard time to wrap my head around the Rime P usability... maybe its because i dont have a lot of Diable avionic weapons right now... but for a cruiser its quite weak... Its almost got destroyer OP and fire power yet suffer the DP and maintenance and mod prices of being a cruiser...and bad shield damage flux ratio

For a comparison I would say its a mule+falcon fused together... and if compared to other Rime it doesnt have a fighter bay which can cost a lot of OP indeed...

Since its not a pure transport like Rime F nor a true warship like standard Rime.

Wouldn't it be normal to give him a little stats buff or a dp price reduction. Since its not a carrier and it look more like a raiding cruiser maybe a little speed buff?
I mean even vanilla Falcon P and standard Falcon outgun outrun and outtank him and cost only 1 supply more...Its a pirate ship, usually they kind of suck but they have a reddeeming quality like ridiculous speed  or very low DP for a kind of slots Buffalo mk2 and Atlas mk2, or very slots type modification that allow different builds like shrike P and falcon P

By the way I am really impressed by this mod, the ships are quite nice to the eyes and quite enjoyable to use.

Rime P is a fantastic ship. Not for combat, it's extremely crappy for that (it gets way too close to action it can't run away from and just dies uselessly), but for a raiding fleet it's fantastic! Don't be fooled by it pretending to be a warship. If possible, never let it fight at all. Even without fighting, it is immensely useful in a raid-oriented fleet for most of the game.

- Slightly smaller cargo cap than the Rime (F) (450 vs 600) but same crew cap (150 for both).
- It also comes with the Ground Support Package mod like the default Rime (doubles the combat power of up to 100 marines per ship), but with the benefit of cargo space + decent amount of room for humans so it doesn't have to pretend to be a warship at the same time.
- This makes it an amazingly convenient marine boat, giving you the critical advantage you need to blitz the sector with only dozens of casualties per raid instead of hundreds. And that means higher profit margins!
- Affordable and easily obtainable in Black Markets across the Sector.
- Enough OP to easily slap on your ideal combination (you can only pick 2) of Insulated Engine Assembly, Expanded Cargo Bays and Solar Shielding.
- Very slot efficient cargo ship, allowing you to carry lots of loot and bring more warships.
- Burn 9! It's fast on the map.

That means it's an absolutely perfect longboat to carry marines and stolen goods. An astonishingly good support ship for someone who always prefers getting the Five Finger Discount wherever they go.

The downside is the high sensor profile (90) which sort of mandates that you use Insulated Engine Assembly if you like not being seen.
Which I do.

Raiding and smuggling - it's actually what Diable excels at as a faction. The Sleet is a similar example - if you look at its statline as a fighting ship, pissweak for a frigate. But it has 100 cargo space - a very generous cargo cap for a frigate. You could make an entire super cheap and fast Wolfpack Tactics pirate fleet out of Versants, Vapors and Sleets for hauling stolen cargo and smuggling goods.

Trying to fight [REDACTED], now that's more of a challenge. Only Maelstroms, officered Versants and the Virtuous are up to the challenge. Everything else fares woefully against Ordos.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 11:12:28 PM by Talinoth »

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: December 06, 2021, 11:45:35 PM »

Yeah the Rime (P) is not a front-line combat ship. It can be used as a back-line support if needed but it is quite specifically meant to be a raiding ship as implied by the flavor text.

Kanjejou

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: December 07, 2021, 05:14:01 AM »

Rime P is a fantastic ship. Not for combat, it's extremely crappy for that (it gets way too close to action it can't run away from and just dies uselessly), but for a raiding fleet it's fantastic! Don't be fooled by it pretending to be a warship. If possible, never let it fight at all. Even without fighting, it is immensely useful in a raid-oriented fleet for most of the game.

- Slightly smaller cargo cap than the Rime (F) (450 vs 600) but same crew cap (150 for both).
- It also comes with the Ground Support Package mod like the default Rime (doubles the combat power of up to 100 marines per ship), but with the benefit of cargo space + decent amount of room for humans so it doesn't have to pretend to be a warship at the same time.
- This makes it an amazingly convenient marine boat, giving you the critical advantage you need to blitz the sector with only dozens of casualties per raid instead of hundreds. And that means higher profit margins!
- Affordable and easily obtainable in Black Markets across the Sector.
- Enough OP to easily slap on your ideal combination (you can only pick 2) of Insulated Engine Assembly, Expanded Cargo Bays and Solar Shielding.
- Very slot efficient cargo ship, allowing you to carry lots of loot and bring more warships.
- Burn 9! It's fast on the map.

That means it's an absolutely perfect longboat to carry marines and stolen goods. An astonishingly good support ship for someone who always prefers getting the Five Finger Discount wherever they go.

The downside is the high sensor profile (90) which sort of mandates that you use Insulated Engine Assembly if you like not being seen.
Which I do.

Raiding and smuggling - it's actually what Diable excels at as a faction. The Sleet is a similar example - if you look at its statline as a fighting ship, pissweak for a frigate. But it has 100 cargo space - a very generous cargo cap for a frigate. You could make an entire super cheap and fast Wolfpack Tactics pirate fleet out of Versants, Vapors and Sleets for hauling stolen cargo and smuggling goods.

Trying to fight [REDACTED], now that's more of a challenge. Only Maelstroms, officered Versants and the Virtuous are up to the challenge. Everything else fares woefully against Ordos.

Even as a fast raiding ship with ground support, It is a bit weak if your aim is to not use it as a fighting ship it take 14dp of militarised ship bank in your skills bonuses, a valkirie + hammerhead 15dp or valkirie+mule P 12dp would also help raiding with at least a combat worth destroyer or a shielded cargo. a colosus mk3 if not used for combat is also a good ground support and don't take militarised ship spot, and is only 8 dp...

Its a strange ship with a very nice skin so i will keep using it for the time being... still feel it doesnt provide enough for its price, if its a "princess ship" lower the dp and firepower/combat stats, if you want to stay at 14dp, very few ship at this maintenance price are combat inneffectiv... even a venture at 15dp have a purpose as an exploration ship that can fight back and it go 110OP as a civilian ship.

Being slower than a dominator or onslaught isnt good
« Last Edit: December 07, 2021, 05:58:56 AM by Kanjejou »

Sorrowshard

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: December 08, 2021, 08:11:14 AM »

Hmm, downloaded this for a new playthrough today. seems the custom skin mods (specifically Rosenritter in this case) are not compatible with current version for some reason ? thought the main faction mod seems fine.

boogiebogus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: December 08, 2021, 07:31:51 PM »

Hmm, downloaded this for a new playthrough today. seems the custom skin mods (specifically Rosenritter in this case) are not compatible with current version for some reason ? thought the main faction mod seems fine.

You can manually edit the version. They're just image files so it works fine.

Sorrowshard

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: December 09, 2021, 02:21:55 AM »

Err, thanks , suspect thats a bit beyond me..... do I need to go into the JSON or something ?

Jackundor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: December 09, 2021, 02:57:04 AM »

Err, thanks , suspect thats a bit beyond me..... do I need to go into the JSON or something ?
unless the skin mods are for a version with significan differences, the process is literally just go into mod_info.json and edit the line where it says for what version of Starsector the mod is.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Diable Avionics 2.64rc1 (2021/12/11)
« Reply #1538 on: December 11, 2021, 10:16:42 AM »

This update is required to ensure compatibility with the newest MagicLib. It comes with some minor fixes and balance changes.

It also finally introduce the musical themes composed by Mesotronik, that were made possible thanks to the contributions of all my generous patrons. Thank you all for making this mod the best it can be.

CHANGELOG

Diable now has several musical themes added to their markets, composed by Mesotronik thanks to the donations of all my generous Patrons.

BALANCING:
 - Lazyhorn Warp Repeater:
   . Minor nerfs across damage, lifetime and firerate stats.
   . Significantly more flux intensive.

- Virtuous wunder wanzer:
   . Excision Sniper: Damage per shot increased to 1250 from 750, firerate reduced to 20rpm from 24.
   . Snowblast Shotgun: range increased to 900 from 750.

. Roar minigun: range increased to 900 from 850.
   . Beast cannon: range increased to 900 from 800.

. Scicle Blaster: Added 50emp damage per shot.

BUGFIXES/IMPROVEMENTS:
 - Fixed another possible NPE from MagicBoxes AI.
 - Hopefully fixed the issue with the Virtuous or the Gulf spawning to the center of the system.
 - Fixed the messed up hullmod descriptions.
 - Virtuous/Blizzaia grenade launchers should be a LOT more accurate.
[close]

Earliest save compatible version: 2.62

Always DELETE the old version before extracting the new one
Requires LazyLib and MagicLib

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: December 13, 2021, 06:09:17 AM »

Is there still a salvageable pandemonium in the core systems?

Sorrowshard

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: December 13, 2021, 07:25:11 AM »

Just curious about the big ultra destroyer Virtuous Wanzer. Not seen it for sale in any of the Diable military markets , its not in my blueprints list. Is it just keep checking the markets and hope it comes up or is it Blueprint Farming ? (and I'm playing as DA so not really keen on raiding my own factions bases just to get a blueprint ..)

Also, this is my favorite mod, by a mile.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2021, 07:34:46 AM by Sorrowshard »

A_Random_Dude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: December 13, 2021, 07:43:04 AM »

From what I read about it, you need to fight and salvage it. It's in one of DA's systems (don't remember which one). No blueprint, no market. Unless, of course, if you go and add the Virtuous to DA's blueprints by editting some files in the mod folder.

Sorrowshard

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: December 13, 2021, 08:02:33 AM »

I see , If  iread this right , to get it will screw my relationship with Diable ? I wouldnt know where to begin tinkering with Blueprint list, I can just about manage installing and updating mods without breaking anyhting ... lol

Seems to me it should be avaialable to someon on a Diable comission with a very high rep , maybe via developing a faction contact/ special missions ?

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: December 13, 2021, 08:19:37 AM »

I see , If  iread this right , to get it will screw my relationship with Diable ?
Its not a bad reputation hit if you fight them while they don't know who you are (with your transponder off and your last position is unknown)

Kanjejou

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: December 13, 2021, 03:55:56 PM »

I see , If  iread this right , to get it will screw my relationship with Diable ?
Its not a bad reputation hit if you fight them while they don't know who you are (with your transponder off and your last position is unknown)

so if im transponder off I will have th echoice to simply attack the Diable fleet with only small reputation penalty? I wont be condemned to put transponder on?

On another note will the balance of weapons be updated for the new game release? Or will we keep the actual stats of Diable weapons?
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 123