Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 123

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Diable Avionics 2.70rc3 (2023/04/13)  (Read 1275798 times)

Talinoth

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Diable Avionics 2.63RC5 (2021/09/27)
« Reply #1515 on: November 27, 2021, 07:09:48 AM »

Which ships are those in the gifs on the front page? The transformable ones? Also how do I get a Virtuous class ship? Also does that one have a sword?
You get the Virtuous ship iirc from a powerful fleet near Sivie called "The Last Line". The pilot of the Virtuous is level 10 and almost impossible to catch. LUCKILY, I was able to get mine by blowing up the entire rest of the fleet, and "Ordering my second in command to pursue" allowed me to defeat the Virtuous in Auto-calc and salvage it.

It's a FANTASTIC ship. I'm surprised people think it's underpowered? It's a cheat ship only balanced by the fact it's a late game goal and there's only one of them. I use Winee EMPR in Head slot, Brawler config, Gunner weapons, and a level 6 Aggressive officer with Systems Expertise as one of his skills to pilot it.

https://imgur.com/a/mGRBgzW

- S Mods: Hardened Shields, Reinforced Bulkheads, Heavy Armour. (Boring but practical - you'd be surprised how often this thing gets fluxed out and takes chunks of damage for no reason, the Heavy Armour really helps. Officer doesn't have anti-ship loss skills, needs Reinforced Bulkheads to make sure I never lose it.)
- Mods: Resistant Flux Conduits, Integrated Targeting Unit, Solar Shielding, Stabilised Shields, Insulated Engine Assembly. (Resistant Flux, Solar Shielding and Insulated Engine Assembly are all for stopping super strong EMP weapons from causing flameouts on this ship's engines. ITU is almost mandatory for a non-SO build, Stabilised Shields is just there because I had the spare OP and it lowers flux usage even more.
Flux: 1 Cap, 30 Vents.
Loadout: 2x Reaper Torpedo (1 shot), 2x IBIS. Gunner config. (Reapers are a flash in the pan, but this thing has a way of assassinating destroyers or cruisers immediately once the battle starts and putting me in an immediate advantage against otherwise overwhelming forces.

I regularly see the thing get 600-2000% damage dealt in after combat reports. It absolutely annihilates small craft, it's uncatchable unless the pilot makes a mistake, and it attracts a lot of attention from the enemy.

As a player ship, it lacks the raw killing power I need and it's tricky to fly, so I let the AI do it instead.

I actually use a Safety Overrides Gulf build, another unique ship that you can get from defeating a special Tri-Tachyon patrol in Hybrasil. It is MONSTROUSLY strong in my hands because it scales so well with combat builds and highly aggressive playstyles. I use it to assassinate capital ships and crush entire fleets from the flanks.

https://imgur.com/a/2L3kWGO

Disintegrator (left, armour stripper), Cryoblaster (center, dps), Cryoflamer (right, ultimate point defense) + Vesuvio Magcannon (Tahlan Shipworks) to suppress shields and weapons, Punktskydd Cluster (Tahlan Shipworks) to deal horrifyingly high 3000 Fragmentation dps which can even help melt shields + annihilates anything with an armour break.

I have no range and I sort of get bullied if I get flanked by fast small ships, but I can just fly up to anything flying 150su/s or below and melt it.
Now that's the game winner. I love this thing so much.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 07:31:17 AM by Talinoth »

tinchek

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: November 27, 2021, 08:27:51 AM »

You can only get one by making enemies of Diable Avionics? Hmmm... Is there a way to get a blueprint?

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: November 27, 2021, 08:52:43 AM »

You can only get one by making enemies of Diable Avionics? Hmmm... Is there a way to get a blueprint?
I mean, in theory, you could show up with transponder off. You'd still take multiple reputation hits from refusing to turn it on, then again from actually fighting them, but there's a nice asteroid field to hide in so you might be able to avoid most of their fleets...
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: November 29, 2021, 04:09:02 AM »

Indeed it is convenient that a very coveted ship regularly dips into a sensor-obscuring asteroid ring...

epsilonflash

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: December 01, 2021, 06:44:52 AM »

It doesn't look like this has been reported yet, so here goes

Upon fighting the Virtuous fleet, I was trying to scavenge the debris since the Virtuous had not appeared in post-battle the salvageable ship list, and I got a null pointer exception; all dialogue options just locked up altogether. I'll post a screenshot of that as an attachment.

And here are the relevant log lines:
Spoiler
16573565 [Thread-3] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.super  - Problem with command of class com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.salvage.SalvageSpecialInteraction: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.hullmods.DiableAvionicsVirtuous_system.applyEffectsBeforeShipCreation(DiableAvionicsVirtuous_system.java:95)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.intsuper.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.Object.M.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.Object.M.prepareShip(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.OO0o.String(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.G.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.Stringsuper.showFleetMemberInfo(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.salvage.special.ShipRecoverySpecial. init(ShipRecoverySpecial.java:199)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.salvage.special.ShipRecoverySpecial. init(ShipRecoverySpecial.java:175)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.salvage.SalvageSpecialInteraction$SalvageSpecialDialogPlugin.init(SalvageSpecialInteraction.java:57)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.salvage.SalvageSpecialInteraction.ex ecute(SalvageSpecialInteraction.java:165)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.super.execute(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.C.runScript(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.applyRule(FireBest.java:106)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.execute(FireBest.java:51)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.super.execute(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.C.runScript(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.applyRule(FireBest.java:106)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.execute(FireBest.java:51)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.fire(FireBest.java:57)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.fireBes t(RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:177)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.optionS elected(RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:210)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.Stringsuper$1.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.OoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.?00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00O.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.dispatchEventsToChildren(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.OoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Oo0O.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.Stringsuper.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
[close]

Seems like something went wrong when trying to add the Virtuous to the debris salvage list? Furthermore, I've tried to reproduce this several times, and was unable to do so; around three dozen attempts, and every time the Virtuous either appeared on the post-battle salvage list, or spawned as an adrift destroyed hull on the map, and no errors occurred when trying to salvage them on either of those situations. Not sure if it was never supposed to appear in the debris salvage list in the first place, and the fact that it did was a rare bug of some sort

Also, I've made a copy of the log file, so let me know if there is any further info in there which might be helpful

EDIT: after a couple more attempts, I was able to get the bug to happen again. This time it crashed straight to the desktop (although the crash log referenced the exact same line and didn't differ in any way), but the debris salvageable ship list actually loaded a few moments before the crash, and the Virtuous was there. Curiously enough, there was also an adrift Virtuous on the map; maybe that happened the first time as well, but I didn't pay attention before trying to salvage the debris.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 07:18:07 AM by epsilonflash »

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: December 01, 2021, 03:04:39 PM »

Are you sure you are using the latest version of the mod? I thought I fixed that bug a while ago.

epsilonflash

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: December 02, 2021, 01:38:31 AM »

Looks like mod_info says so. And I set up all the mods less than 5 days ago, got DA off of discord's latest mod updates post

[attachment deleted by admin]

Maethendias

• Commander
  • Esteemed Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: December 02, 2021, 04:36:25 PM »

can i just say that i love the pandemonium ALOT

perfect flagship

Kanjejou

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: December 04, 2021, 09:02:48 PM »

Where do you find most ships of this mod?

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: December 05, 2021, 12:56:10 AM »

In the Diable Avionics markets?

Maethendias

• Commander
  • Esteemed Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: December 05, 2021, 03:01:12 AM »

i noticed ships with the skimmer system, maelstroms especially, spam their systems at the start of combat, almost ALWAYS leading them into ramming the friendlies deployed infront of them

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: December 05, 2021, 03:14:06 AM »

A recurring issue that has been reported to Alex.

Kanjejou

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: December 05, 2021, 09:30:30 AM »

In the Diable Avionics markets?

So the Diable Avionics is supposed to have worlds for them? Asking because I only found a few ship in tri-tachion and persean league worlds and blakc amrket.

So if they are supposed to be a faciton It mean I probably did something wrong and have to start a new game again...

Piemanlives

• Commander
  • I've Got This, I think...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: December 05, 2021, 10:30:29 AM »

Yes, Diable has it's own systems and markets. Did you start a new game when adding Diable? Because they won't appear unless you did.
This is called me throwing my missile swarm at you, and by swarm I mean massacre, and by missiles... I actually just mean missiles, there's actually not much to it really.

Kanjejou

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: December 05, 2021, 03:36:01 PM »

Yeah it was on a previous save, still was gettign some ships but they were very rare...

Now i am doing a new game, little side note diable avionic would gaiun to have other things around them its pretty pointless to go meet them for anythign else than buy a ship.

EDIT: any mod(s) you tend to use with it?

How would you say most weapons and ship are compared to vanila?  equal, stronger? too strong? weaker? too weak?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2021, 05:51:57 PM by Kanjejou »
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 123