Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 123

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Diable Avionics 2.70rc3 (2023/04/13)  (Read 1276091 times)

Phenir

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Diable Avionics 2.62 (2021/03/27)
« Reply #1455 on: June 27, 2021, 04:55:42 AM »

Chiming in with my agreement that the Pandemonium overall just sucks now.

Please note that I never played with its old version. I just started trying it out for the first time and was baffled about how it was so garbage compared to other capital ships. Here are some things I've noticed.

1. The shield is front-facing. If a missile explodes against where it meets the ship's bow, the ship TAKES DAMAGE. The shield doe not protect the ship for explosive hull/armor breaking impacts. Yikes!
2. I need way more OP to make this thing functional. I saw someone mention it got a 60 OP nerf, and trust me, I can feel it. This ship feels like a half-capitol ship, and a really bad one. It loses to every other capitol ship in the game.
3. It only has two large mounts, and they are on the rear of the ship. Do you know what that means? On a ship this long, you lose 200-300 units of firing distance because the shots have to clear the ship's bow. An 1100 range weapon fires as if it were only 800-900 range. That is really bad, since it effectively makes anything below 600 range unusable unless you literally battering-ram the enemy.

1. Basically the only thing that is wrong with the ship(combat wise anyway), its terrible shield. Bad arc, huge upkeep. Luckily, the thing has a mobility system that lets it turn like 45 degrees nearly instantly and also shunts a good chunk of flux at the same time and also cools down your weapons. However, its shield is not that bad if you leverage it's main strength, range. The further back you are shooting from, the harder it is for enemies to get around the shield.
I don't know what you are talking about with the shield not protecting the bow of the ship. I fired reapers at it and no damage was taken on armor.
2. Idk, I just killed paragon, onslaught, and maelstrom 1v1 with a no smod, no officer panda, only took damage on the paragon and that was about 300 damage. Maybe you just don't know how to build ships? Just in case, here is the build I used: 6x recson v, 2x uhlan, 3x hoars, stabilized shields, extended shields (unnecessary in a 1v1 really), ITU, heavy armor, 60 vents, 38 caps. If I dipped into other mods, I could replace those uhlans with some 1200 range HE damage for even better results. I didn't use any of the smalls because no long range HE smalls (again without dipping into other mods) and don't need PD thanks to the hoars.
3. Yes, if only it had something to make up for this range disadvantage, like a built in hullmod. A hullmod that affects all its weapons, giving it range advantage over anything that doesn't have something similar (in other words, anything that isn't a paragon).

BYarchitect

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: June 27, 2021, 06:22:52 AM »

There are several Diable addon mods and sub mods on the Discord.
Where i can find it?

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: June 28, 2021, 01:23:24 AM »

There are several Diable addon mods and sub mods on the Discord.
Where i can find it?
In the channel for mods on the Discord

Phenir

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: July 16, 2021, 05:53:05 PM »

Well radiant and doritos aren't in the sim so I didn't bother, it was just a quick test. In a fleet scenario, panda would perform just fine by fluxing them out for allies and, unlike most capitals, it can actually give chase to radiant.
Paragon is 60 dp so they are in the same weight class. It was a really silly fight though because the paragon couldn't get close enough to use any of it's projectile weapons. I think maybe a timid or cautious AI, so it would abuse range, could beat any of the sim opponents.
I don't see the point in building panda as a front liner when it has dampened mounts. That's like wanting the monitor to punch up (or even in the same weight class) even though it has flux shunts to make it a tank god. The description of panda even says it's a bombardment platform.

Dreyer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: August 22, 2021, 07:35:55 AM »

I having a weird bug with the missions. Downloaded the new version of the mod after a long hiatus. I was gone try out some loadouts. The missions T-minus Zero and Training grounds dont work. They are the same as Escalation or any other mission i have selected previously. Have anyone experienced this before?

I have tried to remove the mod, download the new version and try again.

Love the mod and cant wait for the next update =)

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: September 04, 2021, 11:51:49 AM »

While the new content is sadly stuck in development hell I bit the bullet and am releasing a bugfixes update solving hopefully all the issues that have been present since 0.91. Still, I hope some of these changes will rejoice everyone. Most notable changes:

-Maelstrom is burn 8
   -Pandemonium gets a 4th flight deck and a slightly reduced DP
   -Non-freighter Rimes get the Gound Support hullmod
   -The Phase Grazer system no longer turns off the shield (although you may want to do it manually to lower your flux)
   -Built-in Dampened Mounts hullmod no longer has any drawback

-Fixed Diable's preset worlds spawning in Nexerelin Random mode
   -Starbase Deep Strike capabilities are once again operational
   -The Gulf IBB now spawns in a patrol if Ship and Weapon Pack is not enabled

CHANGELOG

BALANCING:

- Maelstrom-class:
   . Burn speed increased to 8 from 7.

- Pandemonium-class:
   . Number of flight decks raised to 4 from 3,
   . OP amount raised to 375 from 360,
   . DP and Monthly cost reduced to 50 supplies from 60. (Oversized hullmod still applies on top)
   . Now has the Advanced Ground Support hullmod instead of the regular Ground Support one.

- Rime-class:
   . Combat and Pirate variants now have the Ground Support hullmod built-in.

- Strife wanzer wing:
   . Thunderbolt ammo reduced to 1 from 2.

- Phase Grazer Core system:
   . No longer turn off shields.

- Dampened mounts hullmod:
   . Removed both fire-rate and extra damage to weapons penalties for the built-in ones,
   . Slightly raised the base flux dissipation of ships with it built-in to compensate the increased fire-rate.

- Versant-class:
   . Sensible Tuning hullmod now only prevent installing the Safety Overrides hullmod instead of reducing the PPT if a variety of hullmods were installed.

BUGFIXES/IMPROVEMENTS:

- Diable Avionics' worlds will no longer appear in Nexerelin's Random Mode.

- Thunderbolt/Plover special effect changes:
   . Now dig into the target instead of damaging it from the "exit" wound. 
   . Will no longer cause memory leaks.

- Starbase Deep Strike capabilities are once again operational.

- The modular Dampened Mount and Wanzer Gantry hullmods can no longer be used on top of their built-in versions.

- The IBB Gulf now spawns in a patrol fleet if Ship and Weapon Pack is not enabled.

- The Versant's fire selector hullmod now has a fixed order and won't move to the bottom whenever it is toggled.
[close]

Earliest save compatible version: 2.62

Always DELETE the old version before extracting the new one
Requires LazyLib and MagicLib

Phenir

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Diable Avionics 2.63RC1 (2021/09/04)
« Reply #1461 on: September 04, 2021, 12:15:25 PM »

- Pandemonium-class:
   . Now has the Advanced Ground Support hullmod instead of the regular Ground Support one.

Perfection

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: September 04, 2021, 12:56:28 PM »

There we go, that's a good set of changes. Thank you for the hard work as always, Tartiflette, and I can't wait to see that new content!

(Man, though, feels like everyone's been struggling this year. Not that I really blame them...)

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: September 04, 2021, 02:20:05 PM »

[RECENT CHANGELOGS]
 - The IBB Gulf now spawns in a patrol fleet if Ship and Weapon Pack is not enabled.

Amazing!
Changes are awesome in general but thoughtful little stuff like this is very appreciated.
Last but not least your mod's quality is incredible!

ps. What is Starbase Deep Strike capability by the way?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2021, 02:32:03 PM by Szasz »

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: September 04, 2021, 03:00:21 PM »

(Man, though, feels like everyone's been struggling this year. Not that I really blame them...)
In this instance it's a good thing because I'm submerged with work, but it leaves me little time or energy to mod.

lili

• Ensign
  • a fat guy from the sea
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: September 05, 2021, 02:22:35 AM »

the new wunder wanzers so coooooooooooooool
Pande suprised me too, now only 5dp higher than mael

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: September 05, 2021, 05:11:11 AM »

the new wunder wanzers so coooooooooooooool
;)

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Diable Avionics 2.63RC2 (2021/09/06)
« Reply #1467 on: September 06, 2021, 02:21:39 PM »

Small hotfix to solve a crash with the new Thunderbolt effect and some additional balance tweaks.

CHANGELOG

[RC2]
 - Pandemonium is back to 60DP and down to 1500 flux dissipation because I was getting too many private messages complaining about the changes.
 - Special fleets should despawn now when they lose their flagship.
 - Special fleets should spawn in ongoing saves.
 - Fixed Thunderbolt effect crash against modules.

- [REDACTED]
[close]

Earliest save compatible version: 2.62

Always DELETE the old version before extracting the new one
Requires LazyLib and MagicLib

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: September 07, 2021, 06:04:58 AM »

Oh my... i just saw the new "ship" in the sivie defence fleet "the last line"... i want, I NEED

Spoiler
Edit: Although after testing a spawned one in, it honestly feels... a little underwhelming? For a super ship thats kind of hyped up and one of a kind, i'm pretty sure i'd have more trouble with the maelstrom in its fleet rather than it, itself.
Although the carbine-brawler setup seems to work quite well, especially with extended magazines
[close]
« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 12:31:42 PM by Killsode »

MrMagolor

• Lieutenant
  • So-called translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: September 07, 2021, 07:08:33 PM »

I just gotta say, the means by which you switch the Virtuous' loadout is incredibly cool while also being very simple at the same time.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 123