Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 123

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Diable Avionics 2.70rc3 (2023/04/13)  (Read 1275919 times)

Bastion.Systems

• Captain
  • Special Circumstances LCU
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Diable Avionics 2.50 RC1 (2020/04/13)
« Reply #1080 on: April 13, 2020, 05:52:02 AM »

Hot damn.

EniesLobby7

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: April 13, 2020, 09:21:31 AM »

Nice! finally the update is out

I haven't played much with the new update, it is pretty fun and has a gorgeous art, But man!! you nurfed the malestorm too much, the teleportation made up for the small shield arc, the weak hull and slow speed. And now they can ....slide a little. And the new model looks fat for some reasons.

And the pandemonium, why just why! they were pretty balanced, even with some legendary hull mods they were not OP at all, and fun to play with but now.... they are not useless but bot worth the trouble of bringing them or buying them at all.

Still nice work, and I really appreciate the effort you have put on this update and mod, looking forward the next update with custom space stations.

Spoiler
I will stick with the 2.04 for now 
[close]

Üstad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: April 13, 2020, 09:41:26 AM »

Is new update savegame compatible?

Edit:Somehow I didn't see the red text
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 11:06:08 AM by Üstad »

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • On break.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: April 13, 2020, 10:20:53 AM »

This is a great update - rich, substantial, and with an aftertaste that lingers, strong but not cloying. Looking forward to seeing all the little improvements - I know I've seen some, can't imagine I've seen them all... yet.

Download available in the first post
NOT SAVE COMPATIBLE (obviously)

the big red text is neither big enough nor red enough
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 10:23:04 AM by Harmful Mechanic »

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: April 13, 2020, 10:27:42 AM »

Thanks for all the kind words everyone!

Is new update savegame compatible?

Right under the download button on the first page:
Earliest save-compatible version: 2.50 BETA 8

Spoiler
I will stick with the 2.04 for now 
[close]

Well, I have no intention to buff them, they are deceptively strong already if differently from before. And the new system is clearly a huge buff for both of them, especially in player hands since you can precisely turn around now, and much more reliable.

EniesLobby7

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: April 13, 2020, 10:44:32 AM »

Well, I have no intention to buff them, they are deceptively strong already if differently from before. And the new system is clearly a huge buff for both of them, especially in player hands since you can precisely turn around now, and much more reliable.

After I experimented with the new system more I kind of liked it, the animation is sick and I really love it. But I still prefer the old teleportation tho.
I, by no mean, meant that I didn't like the new update or it is bad.

If I may ask, is there only 2 hull mods for the faction? I haven't used any of them before so I am kind of confused
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 10:47:19 AM by EniesLobby7 »

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: April 13, 2020, 11:48:41 AM »

What was changed about the valiant? it feels a lot more useful now but I don't know if im just imagining. do their weapon not build soft flux anymore?

lethargie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: April 13, 2020, 11:50:22 AM »

very nice job as always.

I will cry in my sleep for the old pandamonius. I liked its angular design and its preposterous armaments with mismatched flux generation. For whatever reason the new one seem.. chunkyer? Also the 4 large converging on front was kinda cool.

pairedeciseaux

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: April 13, 2020, 11:52:05 AM »

Just as I finish my current DA-themed campaign, I spy some activity on the forum ...

After 11 months of wait, it is finally here, and it is a big one!

... a big one indeed! A most impressive update, both on new content and balancing fronts!

The new frigate is a much welcome addition, looking forward to try it and the new wanzers. The new military Rime is beautiful. I have not done a side by side comparison, the IBB ship looks beefier, which makes sense.

Reading the changelog, I see many sensible changes. The rebalancing of the wanzers is quite something, and deserved a major release by itself :). I'm curious how the Fractus versus Storm situation will feel in-game. Also, I'm a bit concerned about the changes to the Grave HMC (325 dps, 0.8 efficiency) and maybe Glowtusk (700!) guns - IMO those were close to vanilla before, and on paper those new stats puts them quite above vanilla (+25% dps with not penalty on the Grave HMC) - I'll give them a fair try nonetheless.

Congratulations on the new release!

By the way, as a followup to a previous discussion here about DA-themed play-through, since I just finished one: only DA ships + only DA weapons + only DA fighters = the TLDR is it just works.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: April 13, 2020, 12:13:29 PM »

Looks like my next run has a new mod in it! Thanks as always Tartiflette for the great work.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: April 13, 2020, 12:32:08 PM »

After I experimented with the new system more I kind of liked it, the animation is sick and I really love it. But I still prefer the old teleportation tho.
Vanilla has clearly established that no capital ship should be able to phase skim, let alone teleport. That was the main reason for the change. But it let me make an arguable better system.

If I may ask, is there only 2 hull mods for the faction? I haven't used any of them before so I am kind of confused
They have been in the mod since forever, they are the same as the built-in hullmods from some of the ships. There are a bunch of other built-ins too, and they use vanilla hullmods like everyone.

What was changed about the valiant? it feels a lot more useful now but I don't know if im just imagining. do their weapon not build soft flux anymore?
Stronger omni shield instead of a weak front one, mostly.

For whatever reason the new one seem.. chunkyer?
It is, significantly. As a lot of the newer ships, DA old hulls always were on the small side.

The new frigate is a much welcome addition, looking forward to try it and the new wanzers. The new military Rime is beautiful. I have not done a side by side comparison, the IBB ship looks beefier, which makes sense.
I won't publish the side-by-side picture because it's just an open door for all the "I liked the old one more, why did you have to change them?" and the "Can't we have both? With the old ones as special/rare ships! That's a great idea!"

I'm curious how the Fractus versus Storm situation will feel in-game. Also, I'm a bit concerned about the changes to the Grave HMC (325 dps, 0.8 efficiency) and maybe Glowtusk (700!) guns - IMO those were close to vanilla before, and on paper those new stats puts them quite above vanilla (+25% dps with not penalty on the Grave HMC) - I'll give them a fair try nonetheless.
Fractus VS Storm, well one is a small dedicated carrier without the Wanzer Gantry hullmod so they tend to field Arbitrators, the second is a carrier that also has almost as much firepower as an Eagle (but not the flux to sustain it), and can field Wanzers out of the box!
Grave competes with the Heavy Autocannon: less range, more expensive to mount less efficient but it does have a fair bit more DPS.
Glowtusk, that one has moved a fair bit up and down during beta. It has a quarter of the Assault Chaingun's DPS and worse efficiency, for slightly more range and great armor penetration. Overall I think it is well balanced against the ACG... Except the ACG is arguably OP.

Looks like my next run has a new mod in it! Thanks as always Tartiflette for the great work.
Thanks, enjoy!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 12:34:52 PM by Tartiflette »

Katsumi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: April 13, 2020, 08:09:59 PM »

Tartiflette, this has always been my favorite mod, and the Pandemonium my favorite ship. I adore the new sprite work so much. I'm having a blast with it even with the apparent nerfs, and the military Rime just looks so cool.

For everyone else, this update is not save compatible. But, if you're like me, and desperate to try it out and equally recalcitrant to ditch an old save, you can MAKE it save compatible! Sort of!

Using Notepad++, I edited my save to remove any reference to the weapons which had their filenames altered. Off the top of my head, these were the Artassault, the Trifire scatter cannon, and... the Recson single, I think. Now, I'm not a modder and I barely have the cognition necessary to know what I'm doing, so I don't know if kludging my save into a compatible state like that is going to have any weird unintended side effects. BUT! It did get my old save to load, and it seems to be working without issue so far. I used console commands to give myself the BPs for the new weapons, wings, and ships, since I wasn't sure they'd spawn in the wild since my sector had already been generated.

SalamanderXD

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: April 14, 2020, 01:15:05 PM »

My saved game crashes when i try to load it, this happened after i updated the new version of the mod, i tried going back to he older version but the the whole game crashed, please help
https://pastebin.com/hEnCkFjk

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: April 14, 2020, 01:26:19 PM »

First, it is written in both the first post and the release message that this update breaks saves.
Second, that crash is not caused by Diable Avionics.

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: April 14, 2020, 09:16:54 PM »

I like the faction and always have, but in nex with just a few more factions added, DA never survives past the first year. I believe they need less starting enemies and a rework of there diplo weightings.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 123