Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 123

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Diable Avionics 2.70rc3 (2023/04/13)  (Read 1275803 times)

SapphireSage

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Diable Avionics 2.04 (2019/05/14)
« Reply #945 on: August 07, 2019, 09:23:08 PM »

It's not stupid at all, don't worry about it. Not a lot in Starsector is really available at an easily player facing manner, for example how armor works.

Do the Wanzers benefit from the Leadership skills "Fighter Doctrine", "Carrier Command", "Wing Commander", and "Strike Commander"? I'm probably overthinking this...

Yes, Wanzers are fighter wings and so will benefit from those abilities. They just also use a "WANZER" tag that DAs special "Wanzer Servicing Gantry" hullmod works with. I hope you have fun with DA!

Is it possible to find the pandemonium on the market or do I need to salvage it?

It is possible to find Pandemoniums on the market, but ultimately very rare. If you're using Nex/SCY you can also try looking at the Prism Freeport station for it too (though at a massively inflated price).

KOS-MOS

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: August 08, 2019, 05:45:55 PM »

It's not stupid at all, don't worry about it. Not a lot in Starsector is really available at an easily player facing manner, for example how armor works.

Do the Wanzers benefit from the Leadership skills "Fighter Doctrine", "Carrier Command", "Wing Commander", and "Strike Commander"? I'm probably overthinking this...

Yes, Wanzers are fighter wings and so will benefit from those abilities. They just also use a "WANZER" tag that DAs special "Wanzer Servicing Gantry" hullmod works with. I hope you have fun with DA!

Is it possible to find the pandemonium on the market or do I need to salvage it?

It is possible to find Pandemoniums on the market, but ultimately very rare. If you're using Nex/SCY you can also try looking at the Prism Freeport station for it too (though at a massively inflated price).

Thank you SapphireSage for taking the time to answer my question! I appreciate you.

Mekkakak

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: August 13, 2019, 09:11:15 PM »

Being the last Draft in a Lanestate Union invasion be like...
https://youtu.be/FWj57oscBgk
If this is one of those anti-link forums I didn’t look hard enough for the rules.
It's official. I've made terrible lapses in judgement and got my fleet destroyed 1000 times now. In honor of this achievement I am now naming my band "Wayfarer and the Kite".

ASHOT3359

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: August 16, 2019, 12:25:10 AM »

Can i somehow make blueprints of these ships available to find without adding the faction? All red speed racer fleets of perfect hi-tech ships with a purpose of "Claiming ownership over millions of people's possessions" sound silly, i can't believe in a world with a faction like this. But as an ultra-rare and expensive ship designs from domain era, it could work.

JDCollie

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #949 on: August 16, 2019, 12:47:02 AM »

Can i somehow make blueprints of these ships available to find without adding the faction? All red speed racer fleets of perfect hi-tech ships with a purpose of "Claiming ownership over millions of people's possessions" sound silly, i can't believe in a world with a faction like this. But as an ultra-rare and expensive ship designs from domain era, it could work.
I wouldn't recommend it, but you could in theory, make a new game without Diable Avionics enabled, save, exit, enable Diable, boom, you should have world where none of the faction/world gen stuff from Diable is present, but you might still be able to find their ships and weapons in markets. In theory.

*I take no responsibility for all of the game breaking/save corrupting problems such behavior could potentially create. Use at your own risk.

lwki

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: August 17, 2019, 09:05:23 AM »

Why does DA scan my cargo to search for contrabands even though they don't have anything in illegal commodities? Shouldn't it work like with pirates?

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: August 18, 2019, 12:12:19 PM »

They can't because the pirate behavior includes a whole lot of other things that aren't desirable.

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: August 18, 2019, 08:34:33 PM »

If this is one of those anti-link forums I didn’t look hard enough for the rules.

If that were really a draft, that clip would be about 30 seconds shorter  ;D

Kithawk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: August 22, 2019, 06:20:49 PM »

I love the ship packs especially the wanzers, do you have plans for any more ships?
It strikes me that some ship types are missing, while there is a dreadnought and a battlecruiser, there is no battleship. there's also gaps missing in cruisers, not that I'm complaining. There is already so much content. However, a super cap carrier could be cool. regardless I main your faction and I love the aesthetic.

Euripides

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: August 23, 2019, 09:17:09 PM »

Is it possible to get the old drone behaviour back for the Calm destroyer? Where they form a shieldwall in front of the destroyer rather than flying around everywhere?

Is it a bug? I don't understand why this feature was changed.

SwissArmyKnife

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: August 26, 2019, 04:29:06 PM »

I think I'm missing something with the Daze. It's toted as a heavy frontline tank that can outlast opponents but no matter what setup I put on it they're not doing a whole lot and getting flux overloaded constantly. I love the idea of it but it's just getting absolutely steam rolled.

What setup do most people use for the Daze?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 09:47:07 PM by SwissArmyKnife »

AgentFransis

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: August 27, 2019, 08:46:11 AM »

Not doing a lot against what opposition?

I just outfitted a Daze this morning and was very pleased with it. It's great at controlling space with it's wide turret arcs and missile spam, and anyone coming close gets one hell of a pounding with the ship system. Just give it the usual two HVD and two Maulers and your favourite pd in the small slots. For missiles I just gave it 4xSalamanders it can spam forever - adds even more disruption and occasionally will catch someone in your frontal arc in which case you can pound it to paste. Alternatively you can invest in expanded missile racks and whatever your favourite missiles are - will also increase the capacity of the builtin micromissiles.

Alternatively you can make it into a hilarious SO cruiser. Heavy machine guns, assault chainguns, torpedos. Works basically like an SO hammerhead - you drive up, activate the ship system and apply directly to forehead.

nextdayair8

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: August 27, 2019, 12:33:59 PM »

Currently there is one type of Wanzer that is admittedly overpowered: the Zephyr. And those will be nerfed pretty hard soon. Other than that there shouldn't be anything that is really out of line, or at least not more than vanilla fighter spam.

Any word on when that nerf may be incoming? Love your mod!

HaymakerW

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: August 27, 2019, 04:36:01 PM »

Got into Starsector after a long hiatus and figured to drop kudos to some favorite faction mods.

Now, I can't help myself.. I always go for Interstellar Imperium.

But these diable guys vs II? Holy smoly, it's a spectacle of definitely-not-gundams/macross jets, missiles and artillery fire. Currentlyt fighting an all out of war with these guys. Zephyr might be OP yeah, but luckily AI doesn't employ those too often.

Still, with my ragtag fleet of mostly imperium with few vanilla ships and variety of weapons, to win against these guys I need to take break from constant sledge cannon barrage to check fronts, issue new orders and whatnot to keep a steady fortress of Imperial space steel to return fire.

Not to mention the ship designs scream of ye space animes. At one point I swore Diable Avionics was straight ripped from existing anime, but after much googling.. Yep, it's just space anime inspired faction that took a lot of great tropes and made an interesting faction.
Soon gonna have those fancy DA tech in my personal fleet as exploring yielded good deal of DA tech!

SwissArmyKnife

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: August 28, 2019, 01:21:27 AM »

Not doing a lot against what opposition?

I just outfitted a Daze this morning and was very pleased with it. It's great at controlling space with it's wide turret arcs and missile spam, and anyone coming close gets one hell of a pounding with the ship system. Just give it the usual two HVD and two Maulers and your favourite pd in the small slots. For missiles I just gave it 4xSalamanders it can spam forever - adds even more disruption and occasionally will catch someone in your frontal arc in which case you can pound it to paste. Alternatively you can invest in expanded missile racks and whatever your favourite missiles are - will also increase the capacity of the builtin micromissiles.

Alternatively you can make it into a hilarious SO cruiser. Heavy machine guns, assault chainguns, torpedos. Works basically like an SO hammerhead - you drive up, activate the ship system and apply directly to forehead.

Was losing them constantly in engagements so I decided to dive into the sim and try out different configurations. I figured I had just set it up wrong initially but whatever DA flavored loadout I tried I couldn't get the thing to last at all in even 1v1s with equal strength ships. It'd roll up, throw shields occassionally and get overloaded then boom dead.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 123